Sign in to follow this  
Samuel

Organized religion vs. the individual

I’ve been mulling over the organizational strength of religion and thinking about what that means for a person confronted on the street by people intent on converting them to their religion.

In a lot of ways we see different levels of power as problematic in relationships and I just wonder what other people think of this idea of what it means for a person to have to respond to and or fend of the imposition of a prying religion that proselytizes. 

Evangelizing is all about pleasing God and obtaining Brownie points for the Final Day of Judgement. Just like Prosecutors in a criminal proceeding, the Evangelist is really only interested in putting another notch on his Spiritual gun-belt. 

Whether they succeed in bringing their prospect to Christ or not isn’t the point. The point and goal is to try to win the prospect to Christ. Making the attempt is what really matters.

Humans belong to a social species.  Folks with common interests often find each other and form groups involving those interests.  Some are loose and informal, some are strict and formal and many fall inbetween.  Organized religion is an example of this phenomena.

Setting personal boundaries is important.

14 hours ago, Samuel said:

I’ve been mulling over the organizational strength of religion and thinking about what that means for a person confronted on the street by people intent on converting them to their religion.

In a lot of ways we see different levels of power as problematic in relationships and I just wonder what other people think of this idea of what it means for a person to have to respond to and or fend of the imposition of a prying religion that proselytizes. 

A rocket launcher comes to mind when seeing a street preacher.