Jump to content
JohnnyWishbone

Fuck your Christ (I am a Christ)

Recommended Posts

I remember back in 1996 in sunny Brisbane, Queensland (Kangaroo Island as I call it) I met this gay guy at a tarot reader's apartment. At the time I was crashing on the floor of this readers home. Then this gay guy took compassion on me, and let me stay in one of his spare rooms.

 

Just off the bat, just like that

 

Never had a Christian do that, without an ulterior motive. I stayed there for a long while and had a lot of fun. Then when my birthday rolled around, the gay guy and all his lovely gay friends went all out. They all bought me gift's, paid for my entire meal, and gave me plenty of drink's. 

 

Off the cuff, and never asked for a thing back.

 

Never had a Christian do that, without an ulterior motive.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a Catholic friend get me a job and job training that got me the career I now have. I have Christian relatives who knitted blankets for our baby, just because it was a nice thing to do. I've had a gay atheist flatmate steal my alcohol and never pay me back. 

In any large group of people there will be good and bad. Christians are no different to atheists in that respect. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're a christ because some gay guys gave you the royal treatment in Brisbane in 96'???

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's uplifting when you see genuine generosity in the world these days. I think nowadays Xians, particularly in America, teach and believe that generosity and charity is an evil thing (because it is in service to people, and not "God"). I think the teachings of Jesus were literally turned inside out. Anyways, we live the consequences of intentions and degree of earnestness with which we face our lives, and what specific title we say we identify with during the course of that period has nothing to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wertbag said:

I had a Catholic friend get me a job and job training that got me the career I now have. I have Christian relatives who knitted blankets for our baby, just because it was a nice thing to do. I've had a gay atheist flatmate steal my alcohol and never pay me back. 

In any large group of people there will be good and bad. Christians are no different to atheists in that respect. 

If they all do it for Jesus, then in the end it was never just for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshpantera said:

You're a christ because some gay guys gave you the royal treatment in Brisbane in 96'???

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Christ yes, not the Christ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DestinyTurtle said:

It's uplifting when you see genuine generosity in the world these days. I think nowadays Xians, particularly in America, teach and believe that generosity and charity is an evil thing (because it is in service to people, and not "God"). I think the teachings of Jesus were literally turned inside out. Anyways, we live the consequences of intentions and degree of earnestness with which we face our lives, and what specific title we say we identify with during the course of that period has nothing to do with it.

Yes, you understand what I'm talking about  :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JohnnyWishbone said:

If they all do it for Jesus, then in the end it was never just for you.

It isn't done forJesus, it is done for friendship, done for empathy and done just cos some people are genuinely nice people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DestinyTurtle said:

I think nowadays Xians, particularly in America, teach and believe that generosity and charity is an evil thing (because it is in service to people, and not "God").

Maybe some discourage charity for this reason but my chritty friends discourage it as it inhibits motivation in the receivers. I quite agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Maybe some discourage charity for this reason but my chritty friends discourage it as it inhibits motivation in the receivers. I quite agree.

Oh, the "it'll make them entitled and lazy" argument? I've definitely heard that too!

 

In my family this was tied into their general belief that anything done to help people is evil via some argument like: Original Sin => People are inherently EVIL => anything done to help them will only enable them to be more EVIL (also COMMUNISM!) => if you give to charity it will make them ENTITLED and LAZY (hence EVIL)! I don't know how widely Xians believe in this train of reasoning but as I recall that's kind of how they thought about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wertbag said:

It isn't done forJesus, it is done for friendship, done for empathy and done just cos some people are genuinely nice people.

I've met with a few of those types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DestinyTurtle said:

Oh, the "it'll make them entitled and lazy" argument? I've definitely heard that too!

 

In my family this was tied into their general belief that anything done to help people is evil via some argument like: Original Sin => People are inherently EVIL => anything done to help them will only enable them to be more EVIL (also COMMUNISM!) => if you give to charity it will make them ENTITLED and LAZY (hence EVIL)! I don't know how widely Xians believe in this train of reasoning but as I recall that's kind of how they thought about it.

 

Offering someone a hand up will not make them lazy but providing a substitute for for self sufficiency will. It will also remove their self esteem.

 

Mrs. MOHO's church is very much involved in charity but they are very selective and provide resources where they will make a positive impact.  I contribute financially to some of these efforts. My contributions have had a positive impact on the community, as well as some individual lives, and have provided positive examples of non-believers to those who most need it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved in with 50 guys, this one time. It was in Texas. We ate together, worked out together, took classes together. We all shaved our heads and saluted people. It was a time in my life I needed direction...They really motivated me to get off my lazy ass and become a civilian. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MOHO said:

Mrs. MOHO's church is very much involved in charity but they are very selective and provide resources where they will make a positive impact.  I contribute financially to some of these efforts. 

Help should be handed out with much discernment for sure!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.