Goodbye Jesus

I normally listen to podcasts 8+ hours/day. Also feeling very lonely. Any suggestions?

jamesbowers

Just been dumped and I'm in the process of moving. My commute is about to more than double in length (45 minutes vs 20). I typically listen to podcasts at work for most of the day as it is. Also feeling really damn sad and lonely about the breakup.

Any podcasts about mental health, making friends, or that are just plain comforting would be appreciated. Lately listening to Mental Illness Happy Hour and How Are You Holding Up have helped the most. Just a person or two talking candidly to their audience about struggles they're going through. Any long shows like these that are simultaneously cozy and comforting?

In addition I'm always looking for more shows about history, urban legends, lore, etc. it helps to keep my mind off things.

Thanks!

• Super Moderator

Welcome to Ex-C!

You won't want to hear this, but perhaps the obsession with podcasts, particularly "self help" ones may be the real problem. Try spending some time with people in real life; adult education classes, hobby clubs, service clubs, volunteer at Hospice or an animal rescue, maybe even talk to people at work and go out for drinks or dinner with them. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.