Goodbye Jesus

The last reformation

Mothernature

Has anyone heard of this group or know anything about it? It's with Jon Bjarnastein. Sounds like a cult to me. This is the latest calling of my delusional husband and I'm just trying to figure out as much as I can about it to know where he is headed next.

Thanks

It is yet another group that says all the others have it wrong. Their catch line is that faith in Jesus isn't what a lot of people think, it has to do with obedience.

"To believe in Jesus is to believe in his words and obey his words."

They have lots of smiling videos and testimonies of transformation, like all tech savvy groups these days. They imply that this is the "last" one, giving a sense of "Yeah! We're doing it right! We're going to transform the world!" Which is basically what every high-school/college believer wants to think. Back in my day it was a cult group called Maranatha, extremely controlling, manipulating emotions, and look we have a major sports star!!! They hurt a lot of people through the psychological pressure they used. I had a buddy end up in a psycho ward for a while after he went full manic thinking he was a prophet meant to save all of Korea. He stopped sleeping, wouldn't listen to reason, was convinced he was hearing directly from God, all the usual manic-break stuff (I've seen it a handful of times now). He crashed hard and slept for days, and was feeling like a failure for a long time but pulled out of it and it doing well now. 

So, yes it is a cult. Then again, Christianity is a cult with many faces. Even the mediocre social versions are like a virus waiting to mutate in someone that suddenly takes it seriously. The Bible isn't historically valid, the stories are just stories, the gospels are not eyewitness accounts, the miracles didn't happen, Moses and the Exodus never happened, there was no magic fruit tree and a talking snake, nobody outside of the cult ever noticed Jesus and his multitudes and miracles (they didn't happen), nobody noticed people rising from the dead in Jerusalem when Jesus died (because they didn't). Christianity is a shell game of someone thinking they found a great secret, and then constantly moving it around while throngs of people try to follow the hidden pea. Then they are told even when the "great and precious promises" fall flat that God still answered and is faithful all the time, it just looks different than they expected.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this I find in my life that it's pretty much impossible to talk reason into delusional people. It does indeed sound like a cult.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fuego said:

So, yes it is a cult. Then again, Christianity is a cult with many faces. Even the mediocre social versions are like a virus waiting to mutate in someone that suddenly takes it seriously. The Bible isn't historically valid, the stories are just stories, the gospels are not eyewitness accounts, the miracles didn't happen, Moses and the Exodus never happened, there was no magic fruit tree and a talking snake, nobody outside of the cult ever noticed Jesus and his multitudes and miracles (they didn't happen), nobody noticed people rising from the dead in Jerusalem when Jesus died (because they didn't). Christianity is a shell game of someone thinking they found a great secret, and then constantly moving it around while throngs of people try to follow the hidden pea. Then they are told even when the "great and precious promises" fall flat that God still answered and is faithful all the time, it just looks different than they expected.

Exactly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, Joshpantera said:

So, yes it is a cult. Then again, Christianity is a cult with many faces. Even the mediocre social versions are like a virus waiting to mutate in someone that suddenly takes it seriously.

Yes! Well put.  My Grandfather is WWII vet, Midwestern Christian, Republican.  However, the actions of his lifetime would prove him a staunch moderate.  He once told me "I don't know what's wrong with your Dad.  I surely didn't teach him all that..." My Dad is a fundamentalist conservative that found his calling as a self-proclaimed prophet and teacher to all man kind.  None of us, according to him, know better than my Dad.    I'm being a bit dramatic for the sake of humor, but the mind set is truly terrifying.  He'd be all about this "Last Reformation." 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Some folks are so dog-maned emotional and hopelessly narcissistic at the same time that they are prime candidates for the cult-think. Some of them are even quite logical and rational in other aspects of their lives. Not all, or even most, but many.

Take Mrs. MOHO for example. As a top-rated paralegal who did all of the law and motion work for one of Orange County's most successful law firms, her ability to apply the law and see through bullshit is uncanny. However, the diluted jebus speak is so incredibly impactful on her that she morphs into an evangelical nightmarish humanoid - right before my eyes! On a regular basis!

One minute we're talking politics and home-improvement and then the topic comes up and we have to part company for a few hours. The transformation is truly shocking.

And with that I do believe that we have successfully and completely hijacked this thread from the original poster. 

So, @Mothernature, have you told Mr. Nature that he is simply bat-shit crazy and he should get professional help? I have told Mrs. MOHO just that, a few times, and the response is something along the lines of actually considering what I said. Sometimes a slap in the face (I mean that figuratively - not directly - of course) is good medicine! :phaser:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1