Goodbye Jesus

Hello all!

WillT

I’m glad to have found a group here! I was raised in a rather lukewarm Catholicism as a child, but became very fundamentalist catholic in my late teens/early 20s in a desperate attempt to find meaning and be “pleasing to god”. Of course, being false, I never found meaning and living according to the dictates of religion was the cause of many, many poor decisions. I’m in my 30s and now extricating myself from a religious mindset and living my life on my terms. I’m looking forward to being a part of the group here, and I’ll make a longer post in the testimony section at some point! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

WELCOME!  Looking forward to hearing more of your story.  I just logged back in after over a months vacation from the site.  You will find a lot of support here.

The Catholic church is responsible for messing up a lot of people.  I did a lot of research on them when going through my deconversion.  Distancing yourself is a wise choice.  If you are interested, can find my conclusions in my Testimony.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums! Read around, participate and enjoy. 

• Like 1

Welcome to Ex-C, @WillT.

Looking forward to your extimony.

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

Hey, welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Welcome @WillT

Thanks for the welcome all! 

Welcome to Ex-c WillT. Looking forward to hearing more of your story! 

The journey out of religion is almost always long, difficult, and emotionally draining. This site offers support from like minded folks that have taken this journey. Therefore, their experiences and insight can be quite helpful for those that are in the process of leaving their religion.

I have no doubt you will find this site helpful in your journey too.

• 2 months later...

Hello and Welcome! You know I've heard a lot of fundamentalist/former-fundamentalist types that they got lured in to it after they were embroiled in a more lukewarm version of the religion, eventually to find that they still felt a lack of purpose or meaning. I guess it's a temptation to double down and hope that a more intense version of the faith would give rise to that exhilaration again. Anyways, seeking a deeper meaning and purpose, I think, is a good trait, and can help you a lot outside of the context of religion (which ultimately doesn't help with this need anyways). Hope this site helps!

I totally look forward to reading your extamony. I don't know what happened emotionally yet but any money you dropped in the plate previously investing in your eternal future can go into an IRA or 401K now and definately do something to make your future here on earth brighter. Everything is right about escaping the cult. Congratulations WillT.

Another one that made a brief appearance and disappeared.