Goodbye Jesus

Hate Preachers are Terrorists

Karen

On our podcast, Deconversion Therapy, we just did an episode about the hate preachers who are calling for the government to kill LGBT people. Doing the research was sickening. One of the preachers is also a police detective in the county where my daughter (a bisexual) attends college. We're a comedy podcast, so we make fun of them, but we also see how dangerous these people are. The police guy might have now been fired, but all it takes is one person in the congregation to read into what these men are preaching. 

Here are my notes on our episode that includes articles and names names for those who want to keep an eye on these people.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Karen said:

On our podcast, Deconversion Therapy, we just did an episode about the hate preachers who are calling for the government to kill LGBT people. Doing the research was sickening. One of the preachers is also a police detective in the county where my daughter (a bisexual) attends college. We're a comedy podcast, so we make fun of them, but we also see how dangerous these people are. The police guy might have now been fired, but all it takes is one person in the congregation to read into what these men are preaching. 

Here are my notes on our episode that includes articles and names names for those who want to keep an eye on these people.

These people are batshit insane with their irrational hatred! Dangerous critters......

Why is that Knox County Detective/Preacher still on the Sheriff’s Dept.? 

Good thing there are no instances of insane leaders actually doing any harm in the world. :puke:   </sarc>

• Like 2

The church has been hating and killing for a very long time. Ever read Foxe's Book of Martyrs? The descriptions of the inquisition tortures (often for stupid things like listing the 10 commandments in the wrong order) were so cruel, and in front of other family members who were then also killed slowly. It is written from a Christian perspective, but the ruin the church poured out on "heretics" was horrible and justified by labeling anything "other" as a deception of Satan. 

Read through Peter (or even the words of Jesus) some time and see how he labels unbelievers as dogs, weeds fit only to be burned, pigs that wallow in shit, as compared with the pure, clean, upright believers. That's where all this crap comes from. Believers actually see themselves as pure light in a world of darkness and demonic possession. And a lot of them are lawmakers, judges, and enforcers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MOHO said:

Good thing there are no instances of insane leaders actually doing any harm in the world. :puke:   </sarc>

Yeah, it's not as if people who preach a deep hatred of other groups have ever tried to exterminate them right?

*Cough* Hitler *Cough* :ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, older said:

I would certainly hope so. If a person is gay and Detective Grayson decided to shoot you, then you’ll likely be okay as it seems he can’t hit the broad side of a barn from close range with a pistol. If I was a policeman I sure wouldn’t want him being my backup.:eek:

• Super Moderator

This brand of hatred goes all the way to the top of our political institutions. People have routinely and publicly called for the death of Obama, Hillary, journalists, gays and atheists with no repercussions. Imagine if someone publicly targeted anyone in the Republican elite guard.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, florduh said:

Imagine if someone publicly targeted anyone in the Republican elite guard.

Imagine if someone publicly targeted GOP House members by firing scores of bullets at a charity ball game...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/house-majority-whip-scalise-shot-baseball-field-ill-gunman-article-1.3246505

• Super Moderator
6 minutes ago, TABA said:

Imagine if someone publicly targeted GOP House members by firing scores of bullets at a charity ball game...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/house-majority-whip-scalise-shot-baseball-field-ill-gunman-article-1.3246505

Yeah, that happened a couple of years ago, but maybe you think I would excuse that; I don't. Perhaps you could look into the scorecard and see who is winning in hate crimes/political violence/public calls for murder contest. The Right Wing/Trumpian/Nazi/Racist/Anti-Gay contingent is way ahead. Way fucking ahead.

• Like 4

Same here. Rightard violence, hatred, and crimes are way ahead and the trend is clearly one of growth.

But listen to our "quality media" journaille and politicians and all you hear is about supposed leftist violence. Where you just cannot possibly deny that an act of violence was driven by fascist scum, they desperately claim "but we don't know for sure this was motivated by racism/antisemitism/whatever!!!!!!!!!" and act like that seals the deal. You know, as if violence would be, like, okay as long as it's not by official certified neofascists. Like, yeah, a horde of native Germans literally hunted some dark-skinned people all across downtown, but we don't know the hunters were nazis so all is fine. They literally said that, and are still saying that.

Or, in cases where it's crystal clear that we have bona fide rightard terror networks in Germany (like the goo' ol' NSU scandal), they deny all the evidence, and if those pesky citizens keep pushing for an investigation they go Kennedy - declaring all the surviving files (literally all the files they couldn't destroy in time before the investigation started) to be off limits for 150 years.

And then they wonder why we don't believe them a single fucking word.

Yup Germany is a faithful, obedient satrapy of the Imperial States of America, where any and all danger can only possibly come from the left.

I hate my country so much whenever I get reminded of this.

• 4 weeks later...

Karen, I listen to you and Bonnie "religiously."  You two tackle some difficult subjects, and your approach is very palatable.

That person, entrusted with power, is plain and simple sick.  I understand he's lost his livelihood, but now he harbors deep resentment, and will bear watching.  Ain't no terrorist like a homegrown terrorist.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Karen I completely agree - it's home grown evangelical terrorism. 

• Like 2