Goodbye Jesus

Reasons We Are Apostates

Hierophant

27 minutes ago, Fuego said:

Did you watch the whole video, and did you realize that was an analogy to a human examining him surroundings and concluding that his fitting into this environment could be misinterpreted as someone designing the environment for him rather than him being a product of the environment (and thus fitting it well)? 

No no of course not. Analogy is lost on me. I need everything explained.

6 minutes ago, TEG said:

PleaseDontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

The majority of posts here are inherently  "troll-ish". 

• Super Moderator
43 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

The majority of posts here are inherently  "troll-ish". 

Not much need for you to contribute, then, I expect.

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Not much need for you to contribute, then, I expect.

Or for you to open your fat mouth. 

Like I said . . . .

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TEG said:

Like I said . . . .

Can't help the things written here by some. 

1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

Can't help the things written here by some. 

But you can help the things written here by you! 

The Ex-Christian.Net forum site is open to all with the stipulations that it not be used for a SPAM medium or a place to verbally abuse Ex-Christians.

These forums exist for the express purpose of encouraging those who have decided to leave religion behind. It is not an open challenge to Christians to avenge what they perceive as an offense against their beliefs.

Having said that, all people are welcome to join the forums and post their ideas, thoughts, or even well thought out arguments. Discussions are permitted even if they occasionally become heated. Registration is required to post in the forums.

All forums are moderated. If a topic degenerates into mindless name calling, the moderators may step in. Posters can expect to have all of their posts deleted if they simply copy and paste the same basic message repeatedly on multiple pages.

Spammers and those who regularly post acidic, angry rhetoric may be banned from posting to the board.

New members have a warn bar on their profile, which will disappear eventually.

Posters agree not to use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Ex-Christian.Net strongly believes in freedom of speech. We believe everybody should have the freedom to post whatever they like on their own websites, within the boundaries of the law. Anyone who finds the moderation policies of this site too constraining is free to create another website tailored to fit his or her personal preferences.

Trolls and Trolling. How do we define it and who is guilty of trolling?

Trolls

Definition
Trolls tend to argue only for the cause of starting a good fight. They use inflammatory statements and try to upset people, just for the entertainment of seeing the effect. Trolls usually are closed-minded to any replies that are made, and they might jump from the original topic to just flaming anyone who disagrees with them.

Most of the time, trolls try to stay anonymous and don't post pictures of themselves or give any information of who they are.

Occasionally members can also get into a trolling action, acting similar to a troll, but their motivation is not to just stir up emotions, but rather they just are just responding with anger or irritation against an opposing poster. This type of exchange doesn't really count as trolling per se, but is just an outburst by an upset member.

What to do
Put Trolls on ignore and report them to the moderators or admins. There's rarely a point in arguing with them.

Many members here have been expressing frustration with these "trolling" posts aimed at irritating and insulting ex christian members of this community for no visible good reason, aside from trying to poke at people and get a reaction. It needs to stop now. Pointing at members here and calling them 'troll-ish' (refer to the guidelines above) doesn't justify the trolling that you've been doing. This is where it ends

@florduh

@buffettphan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TEG said:

Like I said . . . .

Yes, Poster LuthAMF, besides being a narcissistic and disingenuous little shit, it also a troll, at least on this forum.

I choose to treat him exclusively in the third person and ignore most of what he bleats.  He remains ever so slightly entertaining, but that quality is slowly disappearing.  Putting him on forum ignore (where his posts are hidden) is likely in the near future, at least for me.  

Other posters choose to engage him, which is of course their choice, and that often generates some amusement, although that seems to be a lot of work.

I suspect the lurkers have already figured out that poster LuthAMF is not worth any time and can be ignored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd rather see him banned, if that is not what already happened with the post above yours. This is our site, fundy guests don't get to be shits for kicks here. They have church for that.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 10:05 AM, LuthAMF said:

👏👌👍✊👊

I would call that “asking for it.”

Edit:  he deleted it.  It was posted as a response to Fuego’s post above, “I'd rather see him banned.”

• Like 1

If any one sees a trolling post that's gone unnoticed, notify me or one of the other moderators. I was serious. They stop now. Christians had better be prepared to follow the guidelines if they're interested in engaging this community. Serious debate is allowed and welcomed. Nonsense is, well, nonsense and there's no reason to have it strung out all over multiple threads and subforums. 

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

Fuck it. I'm banning him.

• Thanks 5

Good choice.

Yep. I was all out for zero last week.

Sadly we never did figure out why he was right and everyone else was wrong.

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yep. I was all out for zero last week.

Sadly we never did figure out why he was right and everyone else was wrong.

Well, LuthAMF doesn't know either.  He just pretended.

• Like 1

Yet another christian has failed to convince me...

12 minutes ago, Derek said:

Aw shucks . . . .

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, Derek said:

I am not entirely convinced that Luth-ifer was a christian.  His behavior and language was certainly not up to the standard to which I was taught to strive as a christian; nor did he seem to truly believe that "the greatest of these is love."  He seemed to care more about "proper" dogma than he did compassion, patience, mercy, forgiveness, or even kindness.  If he really is a True christian, then I'd wager that jesus is awfully ashamed to claim him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

nor did he seem to truly believe that "the greatest of these is love." 

The basic problem with Christianity is that the activity level and type displaces a focus on this. Very inefficient.

9 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I am not entirely convinced that Luth-ifer was a christian.  His behavior and language was certainly not up to the standard to which I was taught to strive as a christian; nor did he seem to truly believe that "the greatest of these is love."  He seemed to care more about "proper" dogma than he did compassion, patience, mercy, forgiveness, or even kindness.  If he really is a True christian, then I'd wager that jesus is awfully ashamed to claim him.

He didn't exactly seem the type to "turn the other cheek", that's for sure.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
8 hours ago, UniversalFriendliness said:

The basic problem with Christianity is that the activity level and type displaces a focus on this. Very inefficient.

There's also very much of an "us and them" mentality that precludes empathy and compassion.

• Like 1

Nooo!  I believed that he was my most bestest friend!  Oh, sure, he never reciprocated but it was only a matter of time.  I think that if I continue to believe that our friendship will continue to grow and flourish.  This is how friendship works.

mwc

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
14 hours ago, Derek said:

He didn't exactly seem the type to "turn the other cheek", that's for sure.

There is also that strange doctrine of being all things to all men: "to the jews be a jew, to the greeks be a greek, and to the ex-christians be an... asshole?"

• Haha 4