Goodbye Jesus

homosexuals call for conversion therapy to cure christianity

midniterider

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Haha, good take on the ol Christian conversion therapy. He made some good points.

If one may simply identify as this or that way then environmental factors determine the population of homosexuals. What was natural selection is now unnatural selectivity. For example, the population of homosexuals in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

Check this out:

https://www.christforums.com/gallery/image/813-fact-checking/

The major players in social media are in Silicon Valley California. Meanwhile CA is pushing bills to limit the 1st amendment. The Tech companies will be forced, well much to their delight to comply with limiting the 1st amendment. Go against the Liberal/Dem narrative and you'll face frivolous civil and criminal lawsuits. https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/june/ca-lawmakers-trying-to-force-pastors-to-preach-pro-lgbt-sermons

Congratulations if you live in CA. You'll receive just what ya want.

• Super Moderator
6 hours ago, Christforums said:

the population of homosexuals in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

Any idea why that is? Perhaps because Islamic countries can get away with throwing homosexuals from rooftops and more enlightened societies can't. It takes a special kind of hero to come out and admit who they are when their life is in constant danger. It's tough in an open society, suicidal in repressive regimes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, florduh said:

It takes a special kind of hero to come out and admit who they are when their life is in constant danger. 

You mean like christians in America who are constantly being persecuted by the liberal/democrat narrative?

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Christforums said:

For example, the population of homosexuals in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

The  population of Christians in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

The population of atheists in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

The  population of women in professional fields in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

I think you’re on to something!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, TABA said:

The  population of Christians in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

The population of atheists in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

The  population of women in professional fields in Islamic countries are very low and are very high among liberal/dem controlled areas.

I think you’re on to something!

I would of liked your post TABA but the Reactions are not available to me here.

Curious as to why in America the population of Islamic/citizens are high in liberal/dem controlled areas?

One might think that this is a disaster waiting to happen? That is, if the enemy of my enemy is my friend (for now) is a hand being played (is there a master mind or a common frame of mind?).

Such tactic might be a long shot and knock out two birds with one stone. That is, both the Constitution and Christianity.

Lots seemingly follow this line of rationale in order to take out a common foe.

It is likewise curious as to why Christian businesses are targeted and not Islamic business such as florist, wedding bakers, etc by the left?

Where Islam takes root Sharia follows.

I guess this Unity by the left if only for a moment should be enjoyed as a temporary peace settlement?

If the history of America and Islam are any indicators of future patterns.... .

Anyhoot, while the expression of rational discourse is permissible congratulations lefties and Islamist in your bittersweet progress.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/wtf-msm-antifa-loving-journalists-have-blood-on-their-keyboards

• Super Moderator

I wonder if "love your neighbor as yourself," and "love your enemies" is something christians ought to take seriously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I wonder if "love your neighbor as yourself," and "love your enemies" is something christians ought to take seriously.

Believe me when I say what you think that means and your motive behind using those verses are quite different than intended by the author.

No worries if you're a believing Christian. Jesus will kick Islam to the curb. 

11 minutes ago, midniterider said:

No worries if you're a believing Christian. Jesus will kick Islam to the curb. 

Jesus already rejected this world once.

Matter of fact He promises not only to rid of the world (opposing ideological system) encompassing the earth but the earth itself to be made anew.

Islam and Catholicism have something in common. Both of them place Muhammad and the Pope in an earthly temple to be worshiped.

Personally, I think both are intersecting a point of time and development for a reason.

I'm leaning more to Islam playing the hand rather than the Left playing Islam.

There's really nothing new under the sun. These things are repetitive having come, now, and continue to a climatic ending.

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/14/they-are-worthy-death-cop-preached-that-government-should-execute-lgbtq-people/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cc783babaa4f

Pastor Fritts wants to take away gay citizens' right to free speech, as well as right to breathe. I think Pastor Fritts is idolizing homophobia and ought to repent of his sin. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, midniterider said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/06/14/they-are-worthy-death-cop-preached-that-government-should-execute-lgbtq-people/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cc783babaa4f

Pastor Fritts wants to take away gay citizens' right to free speech, as well as right to breathe. I think Pastor Fritts is idolizing homophobia and ought to repent of his sin. 

Without reading the article, "Pastor Fritts" wants to make an earthly theonomy. They want to reintroduce the Judicial Laws of the OT no different than Islam.

Just curious why are you targeting Pastor Fritts rather than every Imam in America? Pastor Fritts isn't consistent with the whole of Scripture but isn't every Imam consistent with the Quran? That is, when they preach death against the infidels, homosexuals, etc? That is, when they forcefully convert by penalty of death or take away citizenship and collect tribute?

Homosexuality is not a greater sin than adultery or vice versa. Under the OT law Jesus dealt with an adulterous woman which ought to have been put to death if proven guilty John 8:3-11.

"Just curious why are you targeting Pastor Fritts rather than every Imam in America? "

I have no good reason, William. Other than I am an old grumpy man. :) 

Anyway, William I'll let https://exmuslims.org/ handle the Islam bashing. It's time for me to play mindless video games. 

• Super Moderator
28 minutes ago, Christforums said:

Just curious why are you targeting Pastor Fritts rather than every Imam in America?

Because this is an Ex-Christian site. I think most would agree with me that we do not want a theocracy under any banner. Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same god, so why don't you just all get along?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, florduh said:

Because this is an Ex-Christian site. I think most would agree with me that we do not want a theocracy under any banner. Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same god, so why don't you just all get along?

You really think Scripture promotes an earthly theonomy established by man?

And you really think Christians, Jews, and Muslims worship the same God?

Does Allah bear the same characteristics and attributes as well as teaching? Is the Jewish God Trinune?

Why don't Muslims and Christians get along? Have you considered learning from America's history? Not only America's history but the church's history going back to the Crusades?

This is not to suggest that we can't "compromise" but as long as one is promoting violence, death, second rate citizenship, etc then we really haven't a common foundation. That is, unless that common foundation imposes limitation to that violence, death, and second rate citizenship.

Believe me when I say I am the least of persons that wants to usher in and promote a man made theocracy.

2 minutes ago, florduh said:

I'm not sure why we have to tell people what gender they are allowed to use their genitalia with. I'm not sure why Jesus cares what gender people use their genitalia with. I'm not sure why some people don't question the bible. Or the Koran. 

I'm not sure why Christians eat lobster. I'm not sure why there isn't lobster-eating conversion therapy available. What about the lobsters!!! Why aren't there laws preventing people from wearing polyester? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I'm not sure why we have to tell people what gender they are allowed to use their genitalia with. I'm not sure why Jesus cares what gender people use their genitalia with. I'm not sure why some people don't question the bible. Or the Koran. 

I'm not sure why Christians eat lobster. I'm not sure why there isn't lobster-eating conversion therapy available. What about the lobsters!!! Why aren't there laws preventing people from wearing polyester? 

Let's fling all our personal misunderstandings against the wall and see what crap sticks.

Perhaps you should explore not only the subject of your uncertainty but why you're not sure?

• Super Moderator
54 minutes ago, Christforums said:

This is not to suggest that we can't "compromise" but as long as one is promoting violence, death, second rate citizenship, etc then we really haven't a common foundation. That is, unless that common foundation imposes limitation to that violence, death, and second rate citizenship.

You mean like how christians promote those things against gays, foreigners, muslims, people of color, and democrats?  And how the liberal/democratic narrative seeks to put a limit on christians promoting those things?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Christforums said:

Believe me when I say what you think that means and your motive behind using those verses are quite different than intended by the author.

I know.  The bible doesn't mean what it says or say what it means.   That is why an omnipotent god needs apologists to constantly revise, translate, and interpret it for the rest of us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Only if they don't hate their neighbors with a perfect hatred.  [see Ps 139:22]

43 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I know.  The bible doesn't mean what it says or say what it means.   That is why an omnipotent god needs apologists to constantly revise, translate, and interpret it for the rest of us.

The very core of the verses you quote entails leaving vengeance for God. That is in contrast of believers taking vengeance upon our enemies.

You just proved my point nicely, showing your contempt for the author through your vindictiveness. That wasn't the authors intent but the exact opposite.

The verse doesn't mean for us to commit our cause to God in order that He takes vengeance upon the reprobate, but that we bless our enemies return to a sound mind so that they shall not perish but receive salvation.

Likewise, you're quoting Law. I guarantee loving your neighbor as yourself and loving your enemies is a standard every man including yourself fails to live up to.

So then the question is how are these Laws fulfilled?

Deuteronomy 6:5, “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."

Leviticus 19:18, "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD."

Both of these Laws are binding for those living under the Law. They were emphasized by Jesus in both Matthew. 22:37 and Matthew. 22:39.

13 minutes ago, Justus said:

Only if they don't hate their neighbors with a perfect hatred.  [see Ps 139:22]

David was human and a man that sinned greatly. While not all Scripture is prescriptive some are descriptive. No doubt David suffered the enemies of God and even expressed emotion from time to time. However, his anger in this case was a righteous anger and not a self-righteous anger.

• Super Moderator

Wow.  How quickly the christian mind jumps to vengeance.  I wasn't even thinking about vengeance, as that is not an attribute I contemplate, even when somebody does me wrong.  That must be the godless heathen in me coming out.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
38 minutes ago, Christforums said:

You just proved my point nicely, showing your contempt for the author through your vindictiveness. That wasn't the authors intent but the exact opposite.

That wasnt contempt for the author.  I reserve my contempt for dumbasses who presume to tell me what the bible means, when it doesn't mean what it says.