Goodbye Jesus

Holy Ghost

Ronasanchez

2 minutes ago, Steviejay said:

Again i'm not buying these arguments.

Remember these christians are "born again of the spirit" like many on here were but.....

God says slavery is ok...modern christians KNOW it's wrong

God says eating shellfish is wrong....not anymore it isn't

Sabbath breakers should be put to death.......Christians don't think so anymore

Jesus says love your enemies...then sats in Luke bring my enemies here before me and kill them

Love your enemies....hate your family..........................

and many many more

WHAT HAPPENED......GOD KEEPS CHANGING HIS MIND but all you modern churches have got it right even though it say in the NT that not 1 OT law is to be changed or altered, otherwise!!!!!...

Religion is just like evolution...................it has evolved with time.....even though your god is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.....you're not

Why don't you just admit that your god is just a "mess". Do this, don't do this.....do that, don't do that....follow this, don't follow this.....love them, don't love them...drive to New York, don't drive to New york....

I'm not going to go into massive detail....if you can't see how wrong your god is and his doctrine then either you never will or it will take another 30 years until your doubts start to grow

I for one, like many now...am happy that i'm out of this religious cult

It's complete and utter nonsense and to try and justify the inexcusable, Christians just make excuse, after excuse, after excuse, after excuse, after excuse for their god

If he was REAL no one would need to make up excuses....He never even updates his book even though it's centuries out of date.....WHY? because it's all man made, that's why

A lot to reply to here, it would take hours. But honestly I'm just glad that you didn't blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. Even though you're angry it looks like you still know God. I'll just pick a couple of points to comment on before leaving.

[He never even updates his book even though it's centuries out of date]

Lol. Do you mean God needs to re-write the bible to accommodate western cultural norms? Culturally accepted practices change so often that you can't look to them to determine how to live. Look how ancient Roman/Greek paedophilia went out-of-date, and is now being resurrected by leftists under the guise of a sexual orientation. So is molesting children right or wrong? You say you can't trust God, so ask society. What does your inner self tell you? God made 2 genders, but wait now there's 72 (and counting). As a personal observation I think it's funny how all those gender symbols look like demonic sigils.

This is part of the wide path to destruction. Blind people leading the blind. No offence but if you aren't interested in truth you're going to be tossed about in this world and hurt. This verse just came to me; Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

[Religion is just like evolution...................it has evolved with time.....even though your god is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.....you're not]

Like I mentioned, religion is the way a person acts according to their beliefs. Religion (a person's actions) should change as a person's understanding grows. Unless you have a perfect religion, James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

So the issue is you acknowledge that God doesn't change but don't like how 'religion' changes and how people aren't fully aligned with God. I do sympathize with you. It's kind of funny when you think about it, expecting people to be godly and 100% correct in a world full of personal attacks and conspiracies and curses. It's like being angry at someone for running slowly even though they are running in water.

• Super Moderator

@SilentVoice, this will be your final warning.  This type of posting belongs in the Den and only in the Den.  Continue at your own peril.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilentVoice said:

This is part of the wide path to destruction. Blind people leading the blind. No offence but if you aren't interested in truth you're going to be tossed about in this world and hurt. This verse just came to me; Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

You said "No offence but if you aren't interested in truth you're going to be tossed about in this world and hurt."

You can't claim you have sole rights to the  "truth" from a non evidence book...You're telling lies. without evidence to substantiate what your book says then you are just telling lies. you can claim that you're not sure, uncertain, could be wrong, not verified....but TRUTH, not a chance

Christians - You are completely entitled to opinions

that are not supported by evidence.

But the moment you spread that opinion

onto other people as a fact, you are a liar.

And if you spread it as a fact knowing

it is not supported by evidence,

you are both a liar and a fraud

Just now, Steviejay said:

You said "No offence but if you aren't interested in truth you're going to be tossed about in this world and hurt."

You can't claim you have sole rights to the  "truth" from a non evidence book...You're telling lies. without evidence to substantiate what your book says then you are just telling lies. you can claim that you're not sure, uncertain, could be wrong, not verified....but TRUTH, not a chance

Christians - You are completely entitled to opinions

that are not supported by evidence.

But the moment you spread that opinion

onto other people as a fact, you are a liar.

And if you spread it as a fact knowing

it is not supported by evidence,

you are both a liar and a fraud

Sorry, I'm not allowed to reply to you.

Just now, SilentVoice said:

Sorry, I'm not allowed to reply to you.

If you want to reply. Reply to me in the lions den. i have a post in there that you won't agree with also "Example: Human behaviour from today and in the OT proves bible god is not real

10 hours ago, SilentVoice said:

What do you mean by "can't directly reveal himself to those of us who have sought him"?

What I mean is God apparently has the ability to reveal himself to people, yet refuses to do so. I can understand a god not revealing itself to someone who is not sincerely searching, but for most (if not all) of us, we did search for god sincerely and received no answer. The conclusion: God either doesn't exist, or doesn't care to answer. Either way to me it appears as if god doesn't exist. Note also I wasn't making a statement but asking a question - as evidenced by the question mark at the end of my question.

Most people here have already met God, and received holy gifts, and praised Him and felt the Holy Spirit. It seems like they've just fell in to despair.

No, they've just had emotional experiences that they attributed to God because that's what their religion and culture taught them. When looking at it as unbiased as possible it's clear these experiences weren't not from any external god source.

You said "us" so you've sought God and were a Christian. I think you're saying you were seeking verbal confirmation of doing a good job, or going in the right direction, or approval to carry out your own plans. I sure do sympathize with you, honestly. I mean, kids might find playing with knives fun but it doesn't mean a parent is going to allow that to happen. Let's say you really had a specific career path in mind and you put lots of effort in to pursuing it but God stops it from happening. Sure you can be bitter about it but you can always trust. A gift of the holy spirit is understanding/wisdom, you may just be given understanding why you weren't allowed to walk a certain path and it would make you happy. Happened to me not long ago, I was pulled away from God and walking in flesh but still praying and trying really hard to develop a certain relationship but it turns out the woman was a complete dog and by allowing me to be hurt, God put me in touch with my real feelings and it helped me.

You are so far off beam here it is truly amusing. Once again a Christian comes in suggesting its because of some physical thing that went wrong, or we were hurt, or we are bitter blah blah.

I was quite a happy chappy, but (as I'm sure many do) had some questions about the bible. Answers from the church leaders amounted to hand waving theological explanations, though some were outright bullshit. So after some time of doing what Hebrews 11 stated of having faith in gods word I started doing some research and found that reality doesn't match the bible. Once the rose tinted glasses are taken off the world looks different. (That's the short short short version of my exit from Christianity)

I freely admit the most frustrating thing about being Christian is God not answering my prayers. I can laugh off insults, I can be happy about people rejecting my help. They don't bother me anywhere near as much as being patient and trying to understand.

It's not just that, there is no demonstration that God actually answers prayers ever. For every testimony of answered prayer there are dozens that are merely put down to "gods will" or God works in mysterious ways". Maybe, just maybe, lets indulge in a heretical thought and suggest that god doesn't answer prayer because he doesn't exist?