Goodbye Jesus

https://cort2020.com/

LuthAMF

https://cort2020.com/

I had no idea there was a Conference for such things!

A suggestion for the "Workshops":

Live deconversion subjects. Actual hands-on methodology. 

• Super Moderator

Looks like a great resource for those suffering religious trauma and those who have already been through it and want to learn how to help counsel others. Not familiar with most of them but if Winell lends her name to it, then it's good.

I'd even volunteer as a test subject.

14 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Are you suffering religious trauma, Sir? 

No, man. Deconversion therapy for believers! Or is that not the goal of the Workshops? I just thought live subjects would be fun. All that "indoctrination" undone in a weekend! Win / win.

• Super Moderator
19 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

That would be like bringing beer to an AA meeting... and I'd expect nothing better from you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That would be like bringing beer to an AA meeting... and I'd expect nothing better from you.

That doesn't make any sense. Alcoholics don't try to make beer be not beer.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

Are you really so dense and/or insensitive that you don't know and/or care that those in AA meetings are trying to avoid alcohol -- not change the properties of it?   Did you even read the article?  The subject of religious trauma is not a laughing matter and your flippant attitude shows your true self.   

• Like 2

Beer actually exists. And, it doesnt cause me to be afraid or guilty or shameful. :)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Ignoring that you have claimed (repeatedly) that you were finished interacting with me, I am going to strictly limit myself to addressing the sheer stupidity of your statement.  As a point of clarification, your statement is not made out of ignorance; it is sheer stupidity.  Ignorance would give you the benefit of the doubt with the implication that you simply do not know any better.  Unfortunately, both you and I (and anyone else who has followed your interactions here) know that you do know better; you just choose to pretend not to.  Because pretending not to know what you do know (stupidity) fits your narrative just as nicely as pretending to know what you do not know (faith).  And, indeed, you, Sir, are solid proof that there is an extremely thin line between faith and stupidity.

With that said, your statement implies that ex-christians actively seek to deconvert believers, to try to make christians be not christians.  Very few of us do.  We do not attempt to destroy anyone else's faith, undermine other's beliefs, or negate the emotional attachments that coincide with them.  Most of us are willing to point out the flaws in theology (as we do in The Den), when someone else broaches the subject with us.  But, as a general rule, ex-christians do not go out of our way to deconvert believers.   We have no Great Commission, as christians do; and we feel no compelling obligation to convince, coerce, or manipulate others into thinking, perceiving, believing as we do.

We are extremely careful about this, for one reason and one reason alone, to wit: each of us are painfully and acutely aware of how brutal our own deconversions were.  We do not wish the experience on anyone else.

Deconversion therapy is not attempting to deconvert believers.  Rather, it is an effort to help newly deconverted individuals become mentally and emotionally healthy after years of abusive religious tactics.  It is an extension of the compassion and shared humanity that each of us have experienced.   It is an expression of empathy, a trait with which you seem keenly unfamiliar. 

Psychologists have demonstrated that adults who suffered childhood indoctrination share many of the same personality defects as adults who suffered physical and/or sexual abuse during childhood.  For this reason, many educated professionals in the mental health field consider childhood indoctrination to be a form of abuse.  Since praying for these victims is as ineffective as prayer in general, deconversion therapy exists to help them assimilate into their lives after the abuse ends.  Many newly deconverted individuals feel a great sense of disillusionment, grief, anger, and loss.  Until these emotions can be effectively understood, processed, and worked through, the healing cannot begin.

As ex-christians, each of us has gone through the deconversion process and have experienced it in our own way.  As a result, we are not only uniquely qualified to help others facing the same struggles, we are also ardently ready and willing to reach out to them.

That is precisely why this website exists; and precisely why self-important cunts, such as yourself, are generally kept only in The Lion's Den. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Alright. Any attempts at levity are pointless, I guess. I'm sorry guys. I thought...

...it doesn't matter what I thought. 

It was to be lighthearted. Not this. 

Sorry. florduh didn't seem to be offended, though. But whatever. 

I'll stay where I'm allowed.

23 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Any attempts at levity are pointless, I guess.

Definition of levity: humor or frivolity, especially the treatment of a serious matter with humor or in a manner lacking due respect.

Therein lies the problem, your disrespectfulness. Would you make light of those who've had to deal with sexual trauma or physical abuse trauma?

Plenty of people who leave religion also have traumatic experiences. You probably don't really grasp that, but it's true nonetheless.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

You probably don't really grasp that

No, of course not.

I can see the seriousness of some of the issues but maybe,  just maybe y'all take yourselves TOO seriously. 

15 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

No, of course not.

I can see the seriousness of some of the issues but maybe,  just maybe y'all take yourselves TOO seriously. 

So says the one who takes himself too seriously. 

• Like 1

Would you tell people dealing with other trauma (such as the aforementioned sexual and/or physical abuse victims) that they take themselves too seriously? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

So says the one who takes himself too seriously. 

No I most certainly do not. 

I apologized, Alright? It was a genuine apology. Is it accepted or do you need a pound of flesh as well? 

How bout we just leave it.

24 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I apologized, Alright? It was a genuine apology.

Turning around and accusing us of taking ourselves too seriously for merely pointing out the trauma some endure kind of undermines your "genuine apology" claim. One who is sincerely sorry doesn't have that kind of attitude. 

I also noticed that you conveniently ignored these questions:

1 hour ago, Citsonga said:

Would you make light of those who've had to deal with sexual trauma or physical abuse trauma?

32 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

Would you tell people dealing with other trauma (such as the aforementioned sexual and/or physical abuse victims) that they take themselves too seriously? 

"Conveniently ignored."

4 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

"Conveniently ignored."

It's a free country. You can do as you wish. If you want to just leave it as conveniently ignored, that's your prerogative.

12 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

It's a free country. You can do as you wish. If you want to just leave it as conveniently ignored, that's your prerogative.

Of course you see the worst possible. Even someone's sincerity is refused.

If I were allowed to delete my post I would.

6 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Of course you see the worst possible. Even someone's sincerity is refused.

No, I don't see the worst possible, and I don't refuse someone's sincere apology.

2 hours ago, Citsonga said:

No, I don't see the worst possible, and I don't refuse someone's sincere apology.

You just did.

7 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

You just did.

No I didn't. 

First, I never said nor thought the worst of you.

Second, I already addressed your so-called sincere apology here:

4 hours ago, Citsonga said:

Turning around and accusing us of taking ourselves too seriously for merely pointing out the trauma some endure kind of undermines your "genuine apology" claim. One who is sincerely sorry doesn't have that kind of attitude. 

Thanks for posting this thread, by the way. You've advertised an event that should be beneficial to some.

I was just in Vancouver a couple weeks ago. It's a very nice place to visit. They have the city and beaches and mountains all in close proximity. 

• Like 1

Please stop lecturing me. 

How bout we just leave it now.