Goodbye Jesus

https://cort2020.com/

LuthAMF

• Super Moderator

LuthAMF     10

As an aside, I made an extreme error in judgment by posting what I thought to be harmless. Seems there's no such thing around here. The claws, fangs and irrational offense came out very very quickly.

Folks made a big to do that's for sure. Seems there's a Ringleader in fomenting offense taken.

Lesson learned. Again.

This is how sincere this man's apology was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would any of you here appreciate having your private messages to one another displayed for all to see? You're lying if you say it wouldn't matter.

So that little envelop for PM is no different than the bell for open notification? 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Would any of you here appreciate having your private messages to one another displayed for all to see? You're lying if you say it wouldn't matter.

So that little envelop for PM is no different than the bell for open notification? 

I think private messages should generally only be shared publicly with the consent of both parties.  Not sure there was anything particularly sensitive in these messages, but still.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Though Luth's assessment of this thread is clearly a load of crap, I do have to agree with him that his PMs should not have been publicly displayed without his consent. 

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I have deleted the post and offer my apologies.

• Thanks 4

Sometimes the best response to a troll, is no response at all.

34 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Sometimes the best response to a troll, is no response at all.

Does a troll engage in debate with one of your own?

42 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Does a troll engage in debate with one of your own?

Not if he keeps responding. 😂

The unanswered questions are not too complex. What do you mean by literal? Where is your evidence for the BBT supporting Genesis? Let's continue shall we? 

28 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Not if he keeps responding. 😂

The unanswered questions are not too complex. What do you mean by literal? Where is your evidence for the BBT supporting Genesis? Let's continue shall we? 

Sorry. I did get sidetracked rather than sticking with you.

Yes, let's continue.

Btw...

Your theology is horrendous. But we'll get to it.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:23 AM, LuthAMF said:

Your theology is horrendous.

Fixed. ;)

• Like 1

This thread is full of religious trauma.  If only there were some sort of conference where one could learn to deal with such things.

mwc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mwc said:

This thread is full of religious trauma.  If only there were some sort of conference where one could learn to deal with such things.

mwc

Or, and this is just me spitballing here, some kind of website where people who have experienced such trauma could interact and try to recover without sanctimonious assholes interfering in the process. That would really be something.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

Or, and this is just me spitballing here, some kind of website where people who have experienced such trauma could interact and try to recover without sanctimonious assholes interfering in the process. That would really be something.

Who is "interfering"? Nobody. Get all the help you need. 

• Super Moderator
23 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

5 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Who is "interfering"? Nobody. Get all the help you need. 

I'd say a nerve got touched.

44 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'd say a nerve got touched.

Pffft. Like it was difficult to determine at whom the reference was aimed. 

I've already said I don't deny abuses at the hands of the "religious". That doesn't negate the validity of a thing any more than saying we ought to abolish public schools because of abusive teachers. I'm a victim of such. You don't find me forming a website to whine about it.

It is CRIMINAL what ones do in the name of God. I advocate for their punishment. But we also need to define said "abuses". Today, merely  saying one is wrong is considered abuse.

• Super Moderator

I'd say your behavior pretty much negates whatever validity your particular religion ever had.  

• Like 1

In your very particular case, I consider the source. You're not the slightest bit interested in a Godly, Christlike response because you've already made it clear you defecate on the entirety of the truth regarding. And you're going to blame me as though I'm responsible for changing your view?

• Super Moderator

Holding you accountable for your behavior, which has neither been godly nor christ-like, is not the same as blame. 

Now, you need to get your ass back to The Den and stay there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Truth.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Holding you accountable for your behavior, which has neither been godly nor christ-like, is not the same as blame. 

Well you got that right. But blame does fall squarely upon you in the same manner it does me.

And you pretend to know "godly and christlike". You dont even have the courtesy to capitalize a proper name. You've developed your vile disdain long before I came along. And don't try to tell me it's because of people like me. It's because of you and you alone. You also are accountable. But whereas you assume YOU hold me accountable, you appeal to the same higher standard.

So teach me about Godliness. Start with Genesis. Teach me about Christ. You know all about it. 

41 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ill go where i please. Unless, of course, someone cries.

• Super Moderator

Well, you sure told me, didn't you?

Did I? I'm just not gonna be bullied by you. But you keep trying. It's what you do.

• Super Moderator

I'd ask you to demonstrate my bullying you by producing a quote or two; but since I know you can't, I won't.  Moreover, I have no need to justify myself to you. 

Go back to The Den.  I'm done indulging you in this forum.