Sign in to follow this  
midniterider

Calvinism, Predestination, The Elect

34 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

There is a christian doctrine of scripture... which still remains to be proven true.

The thing "proven true" remains your oblivion. 

6 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

What is in plain sight? There is a Christian doctrine of scripture of which you are all oblivious. Yet as former "Christians" you should not be. Josh couldn't articulst it in debate when asked; everyone else avoided it as well.

You all say I never presented it either. But, being oblivious....

Go look through the past christian members on this site. Look for the patterns. It's always the same thing. We try to get serious answers and what happens is that it dwindles down to claiming that something was already answered, which wasn't. It's a matter of record that it wasn't. Claiming that we just don't get it, only the apologist does. With no evidence presented. When an attempt at presenting evidence is made, it turn's out to be circular reasoning like pointing to the bible to prove the claims of the bible. Or pointing pseudo scientific claims as if they refute established scientific discovery and observation. 

You're stuck against the ropes across several threads and the informal debate. You haven't been able to demonstrate the truth of the bible nor the existence of god. You deny presupposition when presupposition is all you or any one else has to go by. I spanked your ass with this reality and you go off on another tangent. You're floundering around. You have nothing solid to stand on. And you've "devolved" into a joke at this point like William. Losing any credibility that you may have once had a shot at establishing with everyone. This really has devolved into mindless ad hom and trolling. We've discussed this problem before and yet it continues on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

The thing "proven true" remains your oblivion. 

The thing "proven true" remains your opinion.  Nothing more.

Well, this is an interesting thread. I clearly don't spend enough time in the Lion's Den these days. I applaud all of my fellow apostates for defending the non-faith.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, LuthAMF said:

"Don't challenge or question my conclusion." e.g. Gun control, abortion, Sexual Identity, racism, religion, recreational drug use etc etc.

Just wanted to point out an amusing irony here. With the exception of abortion I probably agree with this guy on all of the above. I wanted to thank LuthAMF personally for voting for the same adulterous, hedonistic blasphemer that I did (and plan to also support in the future). Can we count on you to make it to the polls in 2020? 😂

On 8/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, LuthAMF said:

btw,  scripture being self evident is not the equivalent of PA as you assert.It's part and parcel of apologetics period, whether or not one is "presuppositional" in his approach. 

a priori
(1) a self-evident truth that does not need to be proved. (2) knowledge that is independent of sensory impression. (3) proceeding by deduction from cause to effect. (4) a presupposition.

presupposition
(1) A belief held prior to investigation. (2) An assumption or criterion that precedes examination of a subject that conditions one's interpretation of that subject. Example: A Christian presupposes that miracles occur before he examines the historical evidence for Christ's resurrection. An atheist presupposes that miracles do not occur before he examines the historical evidence for Christ's resurrection.

presppositionalism
An approach to apologetics that begins with the a priori claim that all men intuitively know that God exists even before they are presented with evidence, and due to the noetic effects of sin, there is insufficient common ground shared by believers and unbelievers to have a neutral evidence-based discussion of Christianity. Presuppositionalists argue that the apologist must simply assume the existence of the biblical God as the only legitimate ground for all thinking. 

http://classicalmonotheisticchristianapologetics.com/apologists-know/apologetic-terms/