midniterider

Calvinism, Predestination, The Elect

22 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Doesn't matter. YOU are apostate. 

Only according to the bible, which you can't prove is true.  And the jesus, which you can't prove is real.  And the god, which you can't prove exists.  Sounds to me like this is only your lowly opinion of me.  And the lowly opinions of others really don't mean anything to me.

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Only according to the bible, which you can't prove is true.  And the jesus, which you can't prove is real.  And the god, which you can't prove exists.  Sounds to me like this is only your lowly opinion of me.  And the lowly opinions of others really don't mean anything to me.

You keep telling yourself that. That's what apostates say. 

But whatever...

9 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

You keep telling yourself that. That's what apostates say. 

But whatever...

I'm pretty sure that you're the only one telling yourself that that's what apostates say.

44 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm pretty sure that you're the only one telling yourself that that's what apostates say.

And I'm absolutely certain, not just "purty shurr" thats what apostates say.

Look, its the legit term for anyone who once made a profession of faith and now rejects it. Why does it bother you?

32 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

And I'm absolutely certain, not just "purty shurr" thats what apostates say.

Look, its the legit term for anyone who once made a profession of faith and now rejects it. Why does it bother you?

It doesn't bother me.  As I said before, the lowly opinions of others mean nothing to me.

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It doesn't bother me.  As I said before, the lowly opinions of others mean nothing to me.

Then how bout a lofty opinion like a standard English dictionary? Words have meaning.

2 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Then how bout a lofty opinion like a standard English dictionary? Words have meaning.

Indeed they do.  For example: "the lowly opinions of others mean nothing to me" means just that.  But somehow, you seem to take it to mean that I don't understand what "apostate" means.  Perhaps you should take your own advice concerning the dictionary.

11 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Only according to the bible, 

Oopsy! Nope. Not "only" according to the bible as was just demonstrated. 

Enjoy your day.

38 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Oopsy! Nope. Not "only" according to the bible as was just demonstrated. 

Enjoy your day.

Ooooo BBBUUUURRRRRNNNNN!!!!

😑

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ooooo BBBUUUURRRRRNNNNN!!!!

😑

Well you DO wear it with pride, do you not?

On 7/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, midniterider said:

Is Calvinism Biblical? Does the concept of the 'elect' square with John 3:16 and the Great Commission?

I just have to ask- why do you care? The bible to you is bogus so what does it matter with John 3:16 or the Great Commission? None of it is real, right?

2 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

I just have to ask- why do you care? The bible to you is bogus so what does it matter with John 3:16 or the Great Commission? None of it is real, right?

If you're a Christian why do you visit an ex-Christian website? You're a believer, right? 

4 minutes ago, midniterider said:

If you're a Christian why do you visit an ex-Christian website? You're a believer, right? 

Which has nothing to do with the question...

9 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Which has nothing to do with the question...

Your question has nothing to do with answering the original question that I posted in the thread. 

18 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Your question has nothing to do with answering the original question that I posted in the thread. 

It's still a legit question. Why do you care?

27 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Yes, "Calvinism" is biblical. Yes it squares w John 3:16 "...That every believing one..." 

The Great Commission? We don't know who the elect are so we declare the Gospel promiscuously. Better?

53 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Because I enjoy debate with Christians. I find people and personalities and philosophy fascinating. I find religions to be fascinating. I just prefer to be in charge of my own thoughts.

45 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Because I enjoy debate with Christians. I find people and personalities and philosophy fascinating. I find religions to be fascinating. I just prefer to be in charge of my own thoughts.

😊

I'm a phosphate.

mwc

• Haha 1

Is this turning into another fuck ya, nah fuck ya match?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mwc said:

I'm a phosphate.

mwc

Aprostate :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Is this turning into another fuck ya, nah fuck ya match?

lol. 

3 hours ago, midniterider said:

Aprostate :)

Not yet. ;)

mwc

I look out on my lake and imagine a turtle and osprey having a philosophical discussion. The turtle never leaves the water. The osprey is quite familiar with all the bodies of water in his reach. He scans, dives in and catches his food in the water. The osprey knows the land, the sky, the trees, rivers and lakes. The turtle just pokes around his limited environment looking for even slower grubs he might eat. 

I don't expect those two to have a fruitful discussion.

33 minutes ago, florduh said:

I look out on my lake and imagine a turtle and osprey having a philosophical discussion. The turtle never leaves the water. The osprey is quite familiar with all the bodies of water in his reach. He scans, dives in and catches his food in the water. The osprey knows the land, the sky, the trees, rivers and lakes. The turtle just pokes around his limited environment looking for even slower grubs he might eat. 

I don't expect those two to have a fruitful discussion.

I look...and imagine.