Goodbye Jesus

Calvinism, Predestination, The Elect

midniterider

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

And there ya go. You don't have a clue.

Surprising, that.  Imagine all of the pages you've wasted so far attempting to demonstrate your "truth", and still we don't have a clue.  Wonder why...  Maybe it's because you're full of shit and have no "truth" to demonstrate.  If yours really is the one true way, we'd have grasped it by now, despite your inability to articulate anything more profound than "you're wrong, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Us dumb heathens dont have a clue because [ Luth please fill in the blank with profound wisdom or knowledge that blows us out of the water]. 

School us please. Standing by...

• Super Moderator

A constant source of amazement in threads such as this:

We are Ex-Christians; former devout believers,  pastors, youth leaders, missionaries, and even Biblical scholars who have made the same flawed arguments that apologists are still making.

Yet the assumption is always that we don't know what we/they are talking about. Hell, someone here might have even written some of the crap you're parroting today!

13 minutes ago, florduh said:

We are Ex-Christians; former devout believers,  pastors, youth leaders, missionaries, and even Biblical scholars who have made the same flawed arguments that apologists are still making.

Yet the assumption is always that we don't know what we/they are talking about. Hell, someone here might have even written some of the crap you're parroting today!

Yep.

40 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:
3 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

A man sits at a table in an otherwise empty room. Another man enters the room, plops down the bible and tells the seated man "Believe this book."

The seated man replies "Duhhh, OK."

Is that Christian presupposition to you?

In a nut shell, yes. 

If this is what you're all gonna go with, then you indeed need "schoolin'". 

4 minutes ago, florduh said:

So we are told we don't know what we are talking about. I'm waiting for the mind blowing wisdom that Luth has that I apparently missed when I went to that incorrect church. 

Schoolin! Yes, please give us the knowledge, sir! What is it that we need to know? What is the grand revelation? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Schoolin! Yes, please give us the knowledge, sir! What is it that we need to know? What is the grand revelation? 

Is he going to turn to the book of revelation, to show us the revelation? 

😂

And then conclude that if anyone interpreted revelation differently than he does, that they are wrong and just don't get it and are in need of proper schooling? 

• Super Moderator

SCHOOLIN' WITH Luth-ifer:

Astronomy (observable reality):  The sun is a gigantic ball of burning plasma where hydrogen is converted into helium at a temperature of millions of degrees.

Luth-ifer: The bible says there's a sun; therefore it is in accordance with observable reality.

Biology (observable reality):  The animal kingdom is broken down into 40 smaller categories, known as phylum.

Luth-ifer:  The bible mentions animals; therefore it is in accordance with observable reality. 

Archaeology (observable reality):  The city of Tyre sits upon multiple layers of itself, representing veritable strata of different time periods during which it has continuously existed.

Luth-ifer:  The bible prophesied about the city of Tyre; therefore it is in accordance with observable reality. 

Microbiology (observable reality):  The bite of the komodo dragon can be fatally, if gradually, toxic to its prey, due to the amount of bacteria and other micro-organisms that live in its mouth.

Luth-ifer:  The bible mentions dragons...

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

Is he going to turn to the book of revelation, to show us the revelation? 

😂

And then conclude that if anyone interpreted revelation differently than he does, that they are wrong and just don't get it and are in need of proper schooling? 

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. :) 

I'm just waiting for something besides "You dont know what you're talking about." Guess I'm looking for the "Why I dont know what I'm talking about."

God is absolutely real because .....  what?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, midniterider said:

God is absolutely real because .....  what?

Possible answers are: The Bible says so. My preacher says so. My mommy says so. I can feel him. I heard that someone was healed. I heard that someone had a vision. Nobody else knows how we got here. People have died for their belief. Millions of people can't be wrong. I've seen things I can't explain. Look at the sunset!!! But mainly, the Bible says so.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, florduh said:

Possible answers are: The Bible says so. My preacher says so. My mommy says so. I can feel him. I heard that someone was healed. I heard that someone had a vision. Nobody else knows how we got here. People have died for their belief. Millions of people can't be wrong. I've seen things I can't explain. Look at the sunset!!! But mainly, the Bible says so.

And if these are samples of answers you've either been given or have given yourself, its a small wonder you are so confused. And confused you are.

• Super Moderator

Again, Luth-ifer, nobody here should be confused, after all this time you've had to demonstrate your "truth", unless, of course, your "truth" is nothing more than the same bullshit every other christian has peddled here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Again, Luth-ifer, nobody here should be confused, after all this time you've had to demonstrate your "truth", unless, of course, your "truth" is nothing more than the same bullshit every other christian has peddled here.

Poppies....now you'll sleeeep

Let's not forget this particular thread OP which morphed into alleged lessons in presuppositional apologetics. That's the current issue, not the truth of the bible which is the debate. As for PA here, the definition is wrong, poor, misinformed and all other forms of error.

• Super Moderator
45 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Poppies....now you'll sleeeep

We are still waiting for the True (TM) meanings and interpretations.

Instead of telling us how wrong we are why don't you tell us what we've apparently never heard or come across before?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

Let's not forget this particular thread OP which morphed into alleged lessons in presuppositional apologetics. That's the current issue, not the truth of the bible which is the debate. As for PA here, the definition is wrong, poor, misinformed and all other forms of error.

Does the definition have anything to do with presupposing that the bible is correct? 

4 hours ago, Joshpantera said:
7 hours ago, LuthAMF said:

Its not demonstrating smarts. It's that you demonstrate for us your feeble grasp of the subject. 

A man sits at a table in an otherwise empty room. Another man enters the room, plops down the bible and tells the seated man "Believe this book."

The seated man replies "Duhhh, OK."

Is that Christian presupposition to you?

In a nut shell, yes. 

Because asking someone to believe in an unsubstantiated claim such as "The bible is absolutely true," boils down to just that.

And neither will I let you forget that THIS was and probably still is your view of how Christianity is defended.

12 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

13 minutes ago, LuthAMF said:

And neither will I let you forget that THIS was and probably still is your view of how Christianity is defended.

That IS how christianity is defended.

Prove me wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

That IS how christianity is defended.

Prove me wrong.

Maybe how YOU defended it. Thus one reason for ExC.net.

• Super Moderator

Still Luth-ifer provides us with no further explanation, demonstration, or schoolin'.  Just more of the same, "you're confused", "you don't have a clue", "you're wrong".  This clown has no explanation.  He has no truth to demonstrate.  He has nothing.

Lurkers, observe Luth-ifer's complete failure and ask yourselves:  if this is the best defense your god has to offer, is he even real? 

• Like 4

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

And if these are samples of answers you've either been given or have given yourself, its a small wonder you are so confused. And confused you are.

Then give me the right fucking answer and stop saying we simply don't understand. Enlighten us or get the fuck off this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LuthAMF said:

Maybe how YOU defended it. Thus one reason for ExC.net.

It's how you defend it,  and it's how every Christian I've ever met defends it. Prove me wrong.

Why should I believe the Bible?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1