Goodbye Jesus

My pastor denied my gender

Hole_In_My_Heart

2 hours ago, Georgia said:

@nontheistpilgrim

I do not mean to judge and don't feel I have , please kindly re read my message and understand I am not. In that section you have there I was agreeing with a poster- I have seen and known those who say they are Christian and are not- people in church taking money off people for false donations- that's is wrong, that is a fact not an opinion or judgement, it's fact. 

Please show me where I have judged and I will try to learn harder

Read your post again. There are millions of people world-wide who call themselves Christian and you are judging them by saying that they are not Christian, or not true Christian or not authentic Christian or whatever.... that's judgemental.

• Like 1

Goodbye Jesus

@nontheistpilgrim

@Citsonga

It is a fact not a judgement or opinion. There are millions of Christians world wide who are not authentic because they use Christ as a blanket to harm others or for their own advance. You hear it in the news across the world. There are sexual predators, those who extort others for money in the name of Christ, those who use religion to control other people's lives to better themselves, religious leaders, singers, authors who only use Christ to make money and become idols. These people are not repenting for what they are doing they are enjoying it because it satisfies the self. 

2 hours ago, Georgia said:

Why was the post moved to the Lions Den? To allow a debate? An argument is not my intention as I have stated. Arguing with another human about the validity of Genesis is not my intention. It''s a waste of time, you do not have superior or divine knowledge that' out of the boundaries of human concept, theory, philosophy etc, so arguing about something you will never understand fully is pointless and harmful. Christians themselves have destroyed the beauty and understanding of true scripture through their human interpretations and ideas of what biblical messages are. When you read the bible with your flesh you will never understand the message, its meant to be read through spirit- I am not preaching, just pointing out a fact. There are millions of Christians reading the bible through their flesh and they will never understand and will continue to teach false messages. 

How do I read the bible through spirit? As opposed to reading the bible through the flesh? Please explain both , if you would.

I'm guessing that reading the bible "through the spirit" translates to:

"I'm a believer in Christ and I will not question what I read. Everything in the bible is perfect. Even the icky parts. Jesus is perfect. Even if he came with a sword to Focus on the Family. :)  If non believers disagree with me I'll deploy the 'You just can't understand it' tactic. And if there's something in the bible that, as a believer I cant personally understand or is seemingly contradictory, absurd, or horrific on the part of God then I will resort to the 'God's mysterious ways' tactic or say "Hmm, I just dont know..." . I am afraid to say anything bad against God. I am afraid to use common sense with the bible because if I did, I know I would have to leave the faith." 

Why would someone want to read terrible stories like the Flood, Abraham and Isaac, the story of Job, as if God is doing some wonderful thing? How do we square Hosea 13:16 with 'goodness?' 

• Like 1

@midniterider

The Bible is a book written in many ways like any other, and can therefore be understood by anyone who is able to read. Yet the Bible is also unique, different from every other book, because it is inspired by God. The Bible is “breathed out by God” (2 Tim. 3:16). Its writers “spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit” (2 Pet. 1:21). To understand what is written, therefore, we must have our eyes opened by that same Holy Spirit.

The Bible says, “The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned” (1 Cor. 2:14). A person can be intellectually qualified and educationally equipped to read and understand the Bible, but if his heart is not spiritually alive then he will fail to truly benefit from reading the Bible. Left to ourselves, the Bible’s contradiction of sinful living only evokes enmity from us. This is because “the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God” (Rom. 8:7). It is prejudiced against his Word and thus incompetent to read it in the way it was intended to be read. In order to read and understand the Bible, then, we must be regenerated (born again) by the Spirit of God. The Bible can certainly be read and understood at some level by those who have not been born again—indeed, the reading of the Bible may be the very means God uses to bring sinners to new life in Christ. Yet experiencing salvation produces in us both the ability to see spiritual truths in the Bible that we did not see before, as well as a new desire to submit to and follow its teaching.

3 hours ago, Georgia said:

It''s a waste of time, you do not have superior or divine knowledge that' out of the boundaries of human concept, theory, philosophy etc, so arguing about something you will never understand fully is pointless and harmful.

If you cannot fully understand God, why do you think he's good? Maybe you're mistaken. :) Why should you believe what the bible says?

• Like 1

I question everything I read, I do not just believe what I have been told. It took me a very long time to understand the nature of Jesus Christ, it took me a very very long time to reject the worlds view of creation and life. This is not blind faith with no research or searching being done . I am not uneducated, I studied evolution for years, I have a full working Knowledge of the mind as I also studied neuropsychology and I now work within mental health. 

Why would someone want to read terrible stories like the Flood, Abraham and Isaac, the story of Job, as if God is doing some wonderful thing? How do we square Hosea 13:16 with 'goodness?' --- These are events which happened and helped to shape the world as we know it. You are judging the bible through human logic and reasoning, it's not possible for you to do so, neither you or I are the creator so you will never get an answer that satisfies you because it's beyond your human reasoning. As I said when you read the bible through your flesh you will not understand truth. You need to understand the nature of suffering before we comment on how good or bad god is

How do you know that the Holy Spirit is a real thing and not just an imaginary friend you manufactured in your head? Or maybe you were raised by Christians who helped you from birth to manufacture this imaginary friend in your head?

If Jesus created me, then why he did he give me this inquisitive nature to question his very existence? Why would he have to send a Holy Spirit down here to handle humanity while he's up there at the right hand of ...umm...Himself? Why not just be many places at once? 

If you cannot fully understand God, why do you think he's good? Maybe you're mistaken. :) Why should you believe what the bible says?

The bible is our tangible word of God. A God of love and life- read the new testament from a place of open mindedness and you will see and feel the love. 

Your flesh will rebel- the bible speaks of this time and time again. This is the battle we all face. When your presented with an idea which opposes your flesh you naturally rebel, you don't want to be told how to live so lots choose to believe that God is not good. 

You must live in love, spread love, treat your bodies as temple, understand your divine nature and give thanks to the creator. There is nothing bad about this, people resist it because it comes with actions that oppose our flesh- loving your enemy instead of hating and gossiping about them, loving our bodies not defiling them by over eating, over drinking, having sex with multiple people, and most importantly living in humility and understanding that we are a gift, not a coincidence that's happened over millions of years through a flawed evolutionary theory!! 

Satan has the government, scientist, historians all in his pocket. Your taught that you live on a ball spinning through a never ending space .. how insignificant you are made to feel! Just a speck in the great cosmic universe... this is lie!! 

God is good, God is love.

5 minutes ago, Georgia said:

Why would someone want to read terrible stories like the Flood, Abraham and Isaac, the story of Job, as if God is doing some wonderful thing? How do we square Hosea 13:16 with 'goodness?' --- These are events which happened and helped to shape the world as we know it. You are judging the bible through human logic and reasoning, it's not possible for you to do so, neither you or I are the creator so you will never get an answer that satisfies you because it's beyond your human reasoning. As I said when you read the bible through your flesh you will not understand truth. You need to understand the nature of suffering before we comment on how good or bad god is

So, at the moment we are unable to understand if God is bad or good? Right? Or did you have an understanding of the nature of suffering to share?

It's weird. I went to a Pentecostal church for a decade and prayed and read the bible and worshiped Jesus and the scripture didnt look any different back then than it does now. Does that mean that during all that ten years of worshiping Jesus and reading the bible and singing his praises, the Holy Spirit decided he wasn't going to enter me? Why would he not fill me up? Or does it mean there really isn't a Holy Spirit? Or something else? 

10 minutes ago, midniterider said:

How do you know that the Holy Spirit is a real thing and not just an imaginary friend you manufactured in your head? Or maybe you were raised by Christians who helped you from birth to manufacture this imaginary friend in your head?

If Jesus created me, then why he did he give me this inquisitive nature to question his very existence? Why would he have to send a Holy Spirit down here to handle humanity while he's up there at the right hand of ...umm...Himself? Why not just be many places at once? 

No my family are not Christian, as I said I studied evolution for years and the brain and biology. I was not a believer, it has been a struggle to get to where I am now and I am still struggling. 

I didn't believe in Christ as my savior at all, I believed he was just a man who did good things, I thought the bible was just a story BUT then one day I experienced something that made me accept Christ as my savior and my life changed. Not for the better, I experienced an attack on my flesh/spirit that I cannot explain. It's sounds crazy I know! But I cannot explain it, I work in mental health and I understand the mind and how it works but nothing can explain the battle I went through when I accepted Christ as my saviour. I then read the bible and realised that everything I experienced was spoken about- going through a spiritual battle of the flesh is normal when you tap into the holy spirit. I understand it sounds beyond belief but I have no explanation for what I experienced. I was not actively searching for god or Christ, i did not want the responsibility of knowing the truth but I found it.

The God head is a difficult one to get your head around, God is always with you but it's the holy spirit that connects you to him and Christ was the mediator that brought it. I know in a world of logic and straight thinking it's hard to wrap your head around, but there is also no possible way that we are just a scientific blunder. 

There is nothing wrong with being inquisitive, if your not, how else can you find the false prophets? The bible talks about wondering minds and how easy it is to get distracted by false doctrines. It accounts for the ways of the world and offers prayer to help us through it. 

We are only discussing God, Satan is one who has created this confusion, distraction and false teachings across the world. He is the reason for doubt 

8 minutes ago, midniterider said:

So, at the moment we are unable to understand if God is bad or good? Right? Or did you have an understanding of the nature of suffering to share?

It's weird. I went to a Pentecostal church for a decade and prayed and read the bible and worshiped Jesus and the scripture didnt look any different back then than it does now. Does that mean that during all that ten years of worshiping Jesus and reading the bible and singing his praises, the Holy Spirit decided he wasn't going to enter me? Why would he not fill me up? Or does it mean there really isn't a Holy Spirit? Or something else? 

Suffering is created by Satan- you must have learnt this at the church, suffering is not something that God wants but it's inevitable because this is Satan's world. The Bible constantly talks about the suffering that everyone will experience in this worldly life, however, you must remember the gift is eternal happiness and love. The suffering we experience here is a very small price to pay for the eternal peace. Now we live in a satanic society that tells us we must make every moment count because it could end at any moment. When your idea of life is only that we live this one here, then I can understand why people cannot accept suffering and know that's it a blip in the road. When you live knowing that your life is eternal,  the perception of suffering changes. 

Mottos like You only live once lead people to the "second death", this way of living is purposefully promoted because Satan rules this world- Freemasonry is a key example. The scientific model also leads people to believe they are insignificant and have no purpose. 

People can go to church their whole lives and never experience the holy spirit or what it means to be fulfilled. It's not about worship per say, it's about lifestyle, choices, thought patterns, prayer for the right things. Jesus and his disciples did not go to church! They lived a life of constant teaching and spread the good news. I cannot say why you never felt the holy spirit, each person has their own relationship with God, it's very personal to each. Only you can figure out what was causing the blockage between yourself and him. In my case, it was vanity, I was consumed by having power over men through my looks, I never stopped to think of the consequences it had- simply being what i thought was harmfully flirty with men and making them like my outself was what was blocking my connection with the Lord. Being a Christian is an active job, it's constant, it's the longest therapy session you will ever be in! Experiencing the Holy Spirit is about believing you have it- 

I assure you that whoever tells this hill to get up and throw itself in the sea and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. For this reason I tell you: when you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for. Mark 11:23‭-‬24 

• Super Moderator
46 minutes ago, Georgia said:

...it's beyond your human reasoning.

So is Santa, Bigfoot, Reptilians and Xenu.

"It's a (fill in the blank) thing, you wouldn't understand." Rather lame cop out, no?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Georgia said:

Suffering is created by Satan...

Nevertheless, the God character in the story claims to have created EVERYTHING, including "evil."

One of you is lying.

3 minutes ago, Georgia said:

No my family are not Christian, as I said I studied evolution for years and the brain and biology. I was not a believer, it has been a struggle to get to where I am now and I am still struggling. 

I didn't believe in Christ as my savior at all, I believed he was just a man who did good things, I thought the bible was just a story BUT then one day I experienced something that made me accept Christ as my savior and my life changed. Not for the better, I experienced an attack on my flesh/spirit that I cannot explain. It's sounds crazy I know! But I cannot explain it, I work in mental health and I understand the mind and how it works but nothing can explain the battle I went through when I accepted Christ as my saviour. I then read the bible and realised that everything I experienced was spoken about- going through a spiritual battle of the flesh is normal when you tap into the holy spirit. I understand it sounds beyond belief but I have no explanation for what I experienced. I was not actively searching for god or Christ, i did not want the responsibility of knowing the truth but I found it.

The God head is a difficult one to get your head around, God is always with you but it's the holy spirit that connects you to him and Christ was the mediator that brought it. I know in a world of logic and straight thinking it's hard to wrap your head around, but there is also no possible way that we are just a scientific blunder. 

There is nothing wrong with being inquisitive, if your not, how else can you find the false prophets? The bible talks about wondering minds and how easy it is to get distracted by false doctrines. It accounts for the ways of the world and offers prayer to help us through it. 

We are only discussing God, Satan is one who has created this confusion, distraction and false teachings across the world. He is the reason for doubt 

I agree with the idea that our being here is not just an accident of evolution. But I dont think Christianity is true either. I'm not quite logical and straight thinking enough to become a philosophical materialist or atheist. So I just sit in the middle as an agnostic. It's fun to have some debate in this subforum. I'm glad your beliefs work for you. I like my own too. 

12 minutes ago, florduh said:

So is Santa, Bigfoot, Reptilians and Xenu.

"It's a (fill in the blank) thing, you wouldn't understand." Rather lame cop out, no?

What is gravity? What is air? Invisible forces that you believe in! You believe your spinning on a ball flying through space which is expanding at how many crazy miles an hour !! This is beyond human reasoning, who do we stay alive and why don't we feel us spinning? This is also beyond our reasoning but it's accepted by millions of people  (I believe in a flat earth, I'm using this for the round earth believers). It's not a cop out, it's a fact.. there are things which occur beyond our reasoning and you have accepted many of them- gravity, space, time etc, you just don't believe the reasoning of God

15 minutes ago, florduh said:

Nevertheless, the God character in the story claims to have created EVERYTHING, including "evil."

One of you is lying.

Yes God created Lucifer an angel who made a choice to become Satan..God gave everything the gift of choice and Lucifer decided to rebel due to arrogance. 

So God is now bad for not being controlling and giving everyone the option of making their own choice's?? If you didn't have a choice you'd tarnish him for being too controlling, make up your mind... 

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, Georgia said:

What is gravity? What is air? Invisible forces that you believe in! You believe your spinning on a ball flying through space which is expanding at how many crazy miles an hour !! This is beyond human reasoning, who do we stay alive and why don't we feel us spinning? This is also beyond our reasoning but it's accepted by millions of people  (I believe in a flat earth, I'm using this for the round earth believers). It's not a cop out, it's a fact.. there are things which occur beyond our reasoning and you have accepted many of them- gravity, space, time etc, you just don't believe the reasoning of God

Invisible is distinct from undetectable.

But wait... FLAT EARTH????? Really?

So here we are once again playing chess with a pigeon.

God made Lucifer who rebelled and became Satan and created evil. God gave people free will to make their own choices. 

So if I make a child, then my child breaks the law, should I go to prison for the crime because I actually inturn committed the crime because I made my child who then made a bad choice? 

2 minutes ago, florduh said:

Invisible is distinct from undetectable.

But wait... FLAT EARTH????? Really?

So here we are once again playing chess with a pigeon.

There's no need to be rude or dismissive. I have not been rude to you at all. Don't make my assumptions on my persons because I chose not to believe the mainstream model of life. Breaking away from what you have always known is by far a move of a pigeon! I have researched for a long time about the flat earth, i don't believe in the flat earth society either, they are a complete joke !

You must question what you've been told, as you are doing with religion, but sometimes the deception is a lot closer to home 

The round earth model is key way of dismissing biblical creation- it's a trick of Satan to have everyone believe your lucky to even exist in this universe we are being thrown through on this crazy spinning ball flying through infinite space!! Your a product of coincidence, your ancestor was nothing more than an Ape! Your being is not Divine it's just through mere coincidence and luck!! Your insignificant and have no purpose to even be here.. that's what the round earth model does to people. The church has also been controlled and teaches the round earth.. people will believe in aliens before God! I find that really sad 

• Confused 1

• Super Moderator

Sorry, Miss G. I no longer engage those who have little or no grasp upon reality. Have a nice time here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, florduh said:

Sorry, Miss G. I no longer engage those who have little or no grasp upon reality. Have a nice time here.

I'm sorry your not able to continue, I assure you I am very much within reality! So much so that I can see were our so called reality has been manipulated. Anyway, take care, x

6 hours ago, Georgia said:

Why was the post moved to the Lions Den? To allow a debate? An argument is not my intention as I have stated. Arguing with another human about the validity of Genesis is not my intention. It''s a waste of time, you do not have superior or divine knowledge that' out of the boundaries of human concept, theory, philosophy etc, so arguing about something you will never understand fully is pointless and harmful. Christians themselves have destroyed the beauty and understanding of true scripture through their human interpretations and ideas of what biblical messages are. When you read the bible with your flesh you will never understand the message, its meant to be read through spirit- I am not preaching, just pointing out a fact. There are millions of Christians reading the bible through their flesh and they will never understand and will continue to teach false messages. 

Well it was moved so as to allow us to respond to you and you to respond to us. Christians are generally kept out of our support areas for the very reason which this thread was moved. I've never seen a Christian come in and just give support - it always has preachy Christian doctrine attached to it. You could have come in and simply said "I'm sorry that happened, I'm a Christian but I don't support your churches behaviour, hope you find a supporting community." But no, you had to go on with your Genesis man and woman tripe. That is why we don't allow Christians free reign on this site.

According to you we do not and cannot understand Genesis. The fact that reality contradicts Genesis is irrelevant because it's beyond our ability to comprehend. One must ask why a God that wants us to love him as a personal saviour and understand his creation would put things beyond our ability to conceive. A wee bit short sighted yeah?

Also I'm interested in how you read the bible? One assumes you use your eyes, and your brain will register the words and attempt to understand their meaning in context? But you claim to have something else - a spirit.

What is a spirit?

Can you demonstrate it?

If I tell you my invisible pink unicorn communicates wisdom to me via thoughts do you take me seriously? Why/Why not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia said:

The round earth model is key way of dismissing biblical creation- it's a trick of Satan to have everyone believe your lucky to even exist in this universe we are being thrown through on this crazy spinning ball flying through infinite space!! Your a product of coincidence, your ancestor was nothing more than an Ape! Your being is not Divine it's just through mere coincidence and luck!! Your insignificant and have no purpose to even be here.. that's what the round earth model does to people. The church has also been controlled and teaches the round earth.. people will believe in aliens before God! I find that really sad 

…..

Ummmm… ok, I think all conversation is going to be meaningless based on this post. Can't have a discussion if we don't agree on basic reality and physics.

• Like 1