Goodbye Jesus

Too Many Realizations

Blue

2 hours ago, older said:

Hi Blue:

Please share this with your sister. It was on a holiday card I got a few years back and that I've kept on my desk. I hope it helps you as it has helped me:

Start where you are.

Use what you have.

Do what you can.

— Arthur Ashe

Yes I think for Blue and Dreamer even just knowing that they have good options to take recourse if/when necessary will make them stronger and better able to stand up for themselves. At a minimum the next time their father touches they can say, "Get your hands off of me or I'll make sure we end up discussing this at child protective services with my sister's support!"

• 2 weeks later...

Blue,  I read your story and I could feel for you.  I wanted to let you know that I am retired military.  If you ever did want to report child abuse you should go to family advocacy on base.  They could help you out with counseling services.  I believe that they would take you seriously.

• 9 months later...

So, its been forever since either of us have been on here. Almost a year, shockingly. I remember I said on a different thread that I would be giving an update very soon. Obviously I never did, my life is crazy and always changing. I would still like to give that update though. So I will be writing out an update today and posting it as a new thread. I'll try not to get into details unless someone specifically asks about how a particular event I refer to went down.

I also want to thank anyone on here that has been supportive and patient with us. We really needed that and it was much appreciated. I am especially sorry to those that we may have taken over and de-railed the comments of on separate testimonies. I feel very bad about that and as it has been a year, I do not remember where those conversations took place otherwise I would say this there as well.

To those that were not supportive and/or rude: responses like yours are expected as it is the internet, but they were not expected to be in these forums as they feel like safe spaces for people like us. Your responses and the things you said were hurtful and triggering, for both my sister and I. We took a break from this platform because of your hurtful comments. Which is now why I thank you, your comments showed us that although this is a good place for advice or support sometimes it is not a place for answers. Especially in severe and complicated situations. It showed us that ultimately, it is up to us as individuals to decide what is best for us to do. While I could be the bigger person, I also wish to say now what I didn't back then: Sir, you're an ignorant asshole.

Welcome. I understand the issue with parents, despite the fact my dad is not a minister technically he might as well be. It was expected of me from a young age to believe and act a certain way. Either that or eternal fire. That fucks up a kids mind. My sister is enabled by my parents ( lives with them with her 3 kids 7 and under and doesn't work,) but shes just a great Christian so its ok. I've never asked for anything from them in my life but I'm the black sheep. I will never force religion or beliefs on my kids. 

I get it, it's hard to break from that. But the freedom I finally feel at 32 is like nothing I have ever experienced

Stay the course, embrace the freedom

In high school I signed text messages God is love. So....

god is NOT love

Welcome 

Hi Blue, nice to hear from you again :)

Hi Blue. I really look forward to hearing from you again.