Goodbye Jesus

Marty Sampson Christian Singer losing faith

midniterider

Investigating the truthiness of xanity by studying apologetics and apologists.

Let's hope this leads him to authors mentioned many times on this site who take a look beyond those who've claimed to have "proven" the validity of Christianity.

The first comment by "AllOfOurTwists" makes me want to hurl.

Daily Wire is where I first heard this news (oh yes, I'm a subscriber). Poor Knowles was lamenting this. I like the guy despite that he is Catholic, but to me his lament was a cause for celebration. Hillsong Church is a powerful force in evangelical Christianity, and the departure of one of their own is a decent blow to them at a cultural level.

Maybe these people will found a more public ex-Christian community.

The comments... the endless comments, each one with "the answer". Nothing about the utter failure of god's promises, the utter emptiness of the constant shell game of god's silence somehow being his perfect answer despite promises to the contrary, nothing but conform to the faith, rebuke for straying publicly, can't trust your mind even though your mind just said that...

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Obviously he never was a True christian to begin with.

• Haha 4

So many non-True Christians calling themselves Christians these days. How can you know for sure if one is really real or not?

So will Josh's Harris' books be taken off the shelves? Or remain? A few months ago his Jesus believing fans were lapping up his pro Jesus books...but now ?? Do they still have good Jesusy information in them ? Or is it now not so Jesusy?

• Haha 2

On 8/17/2019 at 4:49 PM, midniterider said:

So will Josh's Harris' books be taken off the shelves? Or remain? A few months ago his Jesus believing fans were lapping up his pro Jesus books...but now ?? Do they still have good Jesusy information in them ? Or is it now not so Jesusy?

My publisher, whose encouragement in this process has been deeply meaningful to me, supports this decision and will not reprint the books after the current copies in their inventory are sold.”

https://joshharris.com/statement/

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:13 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Obviously he never was a True christian to begin with.

Clearly. You obviously understand the issue. There is hope for you yet.  Luth will be delighted.

23 hours ago, trashy said:

My publisher, whose encouragement in this process has been deeply meaningful to me, supports this decision and will not reprint the books after the current copies in their inventory are sold.”

https://joshharris.com/statement/

This appears to have been before his full deconversion. From what I've come to understand, he repudiated his prior teachings before he finally repudiated the Jesus.