Goodbye Jesus

There is no universal human religion

TEG

39 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

All your beliefs are based on materialism? Now I would have to be nutty to believe that. LOL

No, I'm the guy that practices magic. It's another kind of nutty stuff. :)

32 minutes ago, midniterider said:

No, I'm the guy that practices magic. It's another kind of nutty stuff. :)

magic? Like you do card tricks?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Support? Why do you suppose every known human culture extinct and extant builds an entire cultural pillar around spirituality.

I do not suppose this.  

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I do not suppose this.  

Then you would be uninformed.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, OrdinaryClay said:

So i have to ask. What is the "last rabbit" ?

If you are referring to the picture on my profile, it is the "lost rabbit". The background is a cityscape.

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Then you would be uninformed.

Or, modest enough to know that anthropology is not my area of expertise.  Is it yours?

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If you are referring to the picture on my profile, it is the "lost rabbit". The background is a cityscape.

Yes that one. Is that your painting? What's the meaning of the rabbit or is it a hare?

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Or, modest enough to know that anthropology is not my area of expertise.  Is it yours?

How much knowledge does one require before they can claim an area of expertise? You're not making an appeal to authority are you?

My claim is a universal one, so it would be easy for you to disprove my position simply by finding a culture that contradicts.

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

How much knowledge does one require before they can claim an area of expertise? You're not making an appeal to authority are you?

My claim is a universal one, so it would be easy for you to disprove my position simply by finding a culture that contradicts.

If your claim is universal, then you should not need my suppositions to support it.

6 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If your claim is universal, then you should not need my suppositions to support it.

I think you have confused yourself.

• Super Moderator
10 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

I think you have confused yourself.

Then thinking is not your area of expertise. 

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Then thinking is not your area of expertise. 

Or you're confused on multiple fronts.

• Super Moderator
On 9/2/2019 at 10:33 PM, OrdinaryClay said:

The need for spiritual answers is universal.

This is your claim.  Please support it.

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This is your claim.  Please support it.

Every known human culture extinct and extant builds an entire cultural pillar around spirituality.

28 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Google the HADZA TRIBE.  No supreme being, no war, an egalitarian society that has evidently existed for thousands of years with no Jesus, or any other "god" man to lead them.  Living peacefully with respect for each other, and life in general, is rational, logical thinking that wise men are capable of figuring out.  Do a thorough study of this tribe and see if you find a contradiction to your theory.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Every known human culture extinct and extant builds an entire cultural pillar around spirituality.

Your claim involves a universal need for spiritual answers.  Please support the claim that the need for spiritual answers is universal.  

Also, the fact that "every known human culture extinct and extant builds an entire cultural pillar around spirituality" does not demonstrate that the "the need for spiritual answers is universal" given that each culture has come up with remarkably different answers and developed radically different avenues toward inner thought.

• Thanks 1

Your claim involves a universal need for spiritual answers.  Please support the claim that the need for spiritual answers is universal.  

Also, the fact that "every known human culture extinct and extant builds an entire cultural pillar around spirituality" does not demonstrate that the "the need for spiritual answers is universal" given that each culture has come up with remarkably different answers and developed radically different avenues toward inner thought.

It would be an unbelievable claim that the universality of spiritual culture did not demonstrate a need for answers in, you guessed it, spirituality. LOL

The fact that there are differences in spiritual beliefs does not mean the need for answers does not exist, obviously. "inner thought" is some vague mumbo jumbo. All thought is inner, that's why it's thought.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Okay, if you can't tell me what the hare is about, can you tell me what the roman numeral 9 in your avatar means? I'm just curious.

59 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Does the culture of atheism build a pillar around spirituality?

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
55 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

the universality of spiritual culture

The heart of the problem is that there is no universality of spiritual culture.  That is, I think, one of the main themes of this thread.  If you claim there is, then the onus is on you to support the claim, without simply resorting to your assumptions about what we may, or may not, suppose.

• Super Moderator

Don't quote yourself, dumbass. 

• Super Moderator
55 minutes ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Okay, if you can't tell me what the hare is about, can you tell me what the roman numeral 9 in your avatar means? I'm just curious.

I won't split hares with you.  😆

4 hours ago, OrdinaryClay said:

I don't think you understand what facts are, and you certainly don't seem to understand what evidence is. What if you say "I had a stray dog pass through my backyard"? How would I verify your statement?

Ok I will bow to your superior wisdom and knowledge and let you define "evidence" and "facts". If we agree with your definitions we can go from there. 

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

Does the culture of atheism build a pillar around spirituality?

Oh yes Midnite. You know how spiritual I am, and how I see great spirituality everywhere. 😛🤣

4 hours ago, OrdinaryClay said:

I don't understand what that has to do with Ecc 1:9

It's no more or less insightful than Forest Gump, and ultimately, Forest Gump stupid as far as that goes....