Goodbye Jesus

This article scares me

Rickswordfish

I posted another thread this ones alot funnier

2 hours ago, Rickswordfish said:

Ill ask again, how do we know that the current city of tyre is the same as the ancient city of tyre

It doesn't have to be exactly the same.  No city remains the same.  The older part of Tyre has been found, and there are people living in the newer part.  The prophesy is therefore null and void, and can just be ignored.

• Like 1

Rickswordfish, please take my words as spoken with kindness. You seem to be a covert christian apologist, or in some sort of psychological crisis. OR a major troll. In  those cases, most reasoning simply does not work. And there really are many prophesies in the Bible that seemed to come to fruition. But only a narrow rigid understanding of reality, as brought on by being a strict apologist or by mental issues could prevent you to see that there ARE in fact other explanations for them. I am not saying they are true, but there are other posibilities. Do you want the psychological comfort of certainty, even if it s an illusion? By all means join a cult or some forms of religion. The scientific method is one of uncertainty. So you either developp peace with uncertainty, which granted, is very very hard, or choose an already made simplified worlview of some organisation. It is however telling that you fixate on such details on the city of Tyre. I guarantee a lot of Christians, including myself some years ago, had no idea about the city of tyre and thst prophecy.I mean do you believe the central tenets of Christianity, as in the Fall of Man , redemption by Jesus death and ressurection? Fixating and obsessing about unimportant details is a classic sign of some mental problems. Like OCD. Of course it is not a sure sign. But it is an important clue. So again, if that is the issue, go to therapy in what ever form and research about mental illness. Trying to reason with a broken mind is like trying to talk when your tongue is split in two.

I appreciate all the help all of you have give me

Last question for now Ive heard some christians say that Nebuchadnezzar successfully attacked the original city of tyre but most people escaped and made a new tyre, is this true?

Never mind i looked up some actual history I now know its not true

• Like 3

Yep. You got it. Good progress 😀

Fact checking is a great tool.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, Rickswordfish said:

Last question for now Ive heard some christians say that Nebuchadnezzar successfully attacked the original city of tyre but most people escaped and made a new tyre, is this true?

Keep in mind that whenever you listen to Christians, they are filtering information through a lens with a predetermined outcome. They will pay attention to and spread information that serves their beliefs and disregard and try to discredit information that doesn't serve their beliefs. Your best bet is obtaining information that doesn't have this built in bias. 

• Thanks 1

Another prophecy that im curios about is the ezekiel prophecy against egypt, it says that egypt will be deserted for 40 years if something like that happened it would have been recorded right?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rickswordfish said:

Another prophecy that im curios about is the ezekiel prophecy against egypt, it says that egypt will be deserted for 40 years if something like that happened it would have been recorded right?

Question: can you explain why you are obsessed with prophecies? Do you realize how unhealthy that is? I realize this is complicated and that you have mental health issues. Just trying to point out you're doing yourself no favors. 

• Thanks 1

I need to prove that the bible isnt the word of god, now please answer my question

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, Rickswordfish said:

I need to prove that the bible isnt the word of god, now please answer my question

You've come to the wrong place. One cannot prove a negative. We can't prove Santa doesn't exist anymore than we can prove that gods don't exist. The burden is upon believers to prove (1) there is a god and (2) the writings we've come to know as the Bible are actually that god's word.

Again, all this Bible/God shit isn't your problem, it's a symptom. We are not mental health professionals. We can only point out the fallacies of Christian beliefs but it gets tiresome doing that when you can't/won't accept the answers and source material.

You say "please answer the question" but I would say "please listen to the fucking answers."

• Like 1

Ok answer this following question and ill listen, in ezekiel there is a prophecy that egypt would be abandoned for forty years if this had happened would we know about it today?

1 hour ago, Rickswordfish said:

Ok answer this following question and ill listen, in ezekiel there is a prophecy that egypt would be abandoned for forty years if this had happened would we know about it today?

Presumably, yes. It seems that there would likely be some historical record of such an event.

15 hours ago, disillusioned said:

Presumably, yes. It seems that there would likely be some historical record of such an event.

Which I might add there is not. 

Neb never successfully invaded Egypt, but Egypt also is a great example of why a global flood never happened. Ancient tombs undisturbed for 5000 years or more, nothing moved around by flood waters. If the earths population dropped to 8 people at some point it would have taken thousands of years to recover (or more likely incest would have sterilised our tiny population and extinction would be the result, and of course that would have been the result from Adam and Eve too). So where did the population to build the pyramids come from? 

• Like 1

I have another concern with the tyre prophecy, it states tyre will become "a place to spread fish nets" isn't that what tyre is now, a fishing city?

Just now, Rickswordfish said:

I have another concern with the tyre prophecy, it states tyre will become "a place to spread fish nets" isn't that what tyre is now, a fishing city?

Tyre always was a fishing city. As well as a trading city. But no it's not only a fishing city, and I'm pretty certain they don't spread fish nets - they go out in big trawlers. That line you refer to is supposed to imply that there will be only rocks to dry nets on with no inhabitants. There never was a time that this was the case.

Tyre has had a continuous history since 2750BC... so for a long time. Here is a brief history of the city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre,_Lebanon

Please - go study the actual history of the city - not Christian apologetics that attempt to shoehorn in events to make them fit which don't actually fit reality.

On 9/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, Rickswordfish said:

I don't intend to be harsh, but you could spend the rest of your life obsessing about biblical prophesies, the evidence etc. Is that really what you want to do? Thinking about these gets you nowhere when it comes to really considering whether Christianity is the One True Faith, as it claims. That is no kind of examination regarding the central tenets of Christianity and whether they hold up against scrutiny and logic. 

• Like 3

I totally agree with TruthSeeker0. You've been sucked in by this trick that keeps you from asking the obvious questions Rickswordfish. If you want to figure out if christiany is true go back to the beginning, leave all the christian preconceptions and slights of hand behind and with a mind that is open to whatever it discovers ask yourself if this religion appears to come from something beyond the bronze age thinking that was common at that time and in the place it was written. Is the god they describe much different from and especially advanced beyond the men who were writing about him? In my opinion there is absolutely no chance that this story of christianity is true, and being untrue it's neither necessary nor valuable to look for extraordinary truths that might possibly be contained in the many confusing jumbles of words written by primitives living in a barely developed social structure. I guess if any of us were to stare at something, anything, long enough and intently enough something eventually will appear to take shape but what does that matter especially considering that there are so many more profitable and/or enjoyable ways for us to spend the precious bit of time we have be given.

• Like 1