Goodbye Jesus

The Christian Post Wants to Hear “Deconversion” Stories. Don’t Respond.

Citsonga

Blog post: The Christian Post Wants to Hear “Deconversion” Stories. Don’t Respond.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2019/08/29/the-christian-post-wants-to-hear-deconversion-stories-dont-respond/

• Like 2

Every time a Christian comes here to hear our deconversion stories and engage us in either friendly discussion or debate, the result is consistent. They'll ignore our points and throw out ad hominems and non sequiturs, and then disappear without addressing any of the legitimate points we raise. Call me a reductionist, but I wonder why a Christian publication would be any different than the individual Christians we encounter here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bhim said:

Every time a Christian comes here to hear our deconversion stories and engage us in either friendly discussion or debate, the result is consistent. They'll ignore our points and throw out ad hominems and non sequiturs, and then disappear without addressing any of the legitimate points we raise. Call me a reductionist, but I wonder why a Christian publication would be any different than the individual Christians we encounter here.

Good analysis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems tinfoily to me. Christian Post is a news website, so I'd wager they just want to write an article on deconversion. I doubt they're in the business of training apologists. Assuming such extreme bad faith is somewhat ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ToHellWithMe said:

....Assuming such extreme bad faith is somewhat ridiculous.

ToHellWithMe: I think you need to read the article in the OP, if I understand you correctly.

If I can't even get my old fundamentalist friends to engage with my pilgrimage away from faith, who simply pray for me and don't ask me about my journey, I wouldn't trust these folks.

• Like 1

They may want to point out why our reasons to deconvert are misguided and how we never were true Christian's anyway. Bottom line is Jebus is always number one and people are shit in a Christian's eyes. I wouldn't expect any real empathy or understanding from a Christian publication.

• Like 3

Ooops.  I already wrote to them.  I told them that I, like Satan, was in full and open rebellion against the One True God.  The God that is fully apparent in nature and fully revealed in the True Scriptures of the Holy Bible.

They seemed to really enjoy what I had to say and I think they'll be using what I have to say to help others.  Soon they'll all learn this is what atheism is really about as opposed to nonsensical ideas like not actually believing in any gods whatsoever and ridiculous things like that.

mwc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Super Moderator

I think I will forego the opportunity to become fodder for their sanctimonious self-righteousness. 

The Christian believes that faith is a gift. But realizing our freedom is a gift. And having a cleaner path is a gift.

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I think I will forego the opportunity to become fodder for their sanctimonious self-righteousness. 

More or less my thoughts on the issue.

But hey, I offer my full respect to anyone who wants to write to them. I'm morbidly curious what they do with these stories.

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, Bhim said:

More or less my thoughts on the issue.

But hey, I offer my full respect to anyone who wants to write to them. I'm morbidly curious what they do with these stories.

Whatever their intention, you can be sure their motives are dishonest and nefarious.

• Like 2