Goodbye Jesus

Scrupulosity OCD

surferdude

Hey all. Happy Thursday! I have OCD. I've had it since childhood. One segment of my OCD is Scruplosity. Scrupulosity is where Religon mixes with OCD. OCD is an anxiety disorder. It thrives on uncertainty. All religon is uncertain because none of it can be proven. OCD will always go after what a person values and create doubt, uncertainty, questioning, worse case scenarios, and fear. It can be an endless cycle. The worst part is it can cause a person to avoid the things they value. I am in the early stages of Therapy. Exposer is an instrumental part of treatment. Anyone here have this challenge?

26 minutes ago, surferdude said:

Hey all. Happy Thursday! I have OCD. I've had it since childhood. One segment of my OCD is Scruplosity. Scrupulosity is where Religon mixes with OCD. OCD is an anxiety disorder. It thrives on uncertainty. All religon is uncertain because none of it can be proven. OCD will always go after what a person values and create doubt, uncertainty, questioning, worse case scenarios, and fear. It can be an endless cycle. The worst part is it can cause a person to avoid the things they value. I am in the early stages of Therapy. Exposer is an instrumental part of treatment. Anyone here have this challenge?

I had to look that up:

Scrupulosity is characterized by pathological guilt about moral or religious issues. It is personally distressing, objectively dysfunctional, and often accompanied by significant impairment in social functioning .

I've never been diagnosed with anything like that, but I definitely have a guilt complex. If I'm enjoying something, I feel like I should be doing something else, or that there must be a reason I should feel guilty about it.