Goodbye Jesus

Howdy

TinkerGrey

I was Christian for 44 years. Excluding the years leading up to being "born-again", 36 years.  I've been an atheist for 11+ years.

• Like 1

Hi @TinkerGrey

Welcome to Ex-C.

Feel free to share your story and join in the other topics.

LF

21 minutes ago, TinkerGrey said:

BTW, where do I change my avatar, signature, etc?

At the very top right of each page when you scroll to the top is your name - click on it and select profile. You'll find the options in there. (Might have to poke around and play a bit to figure it all out)

Hi and welcome ...you're among friends here :)

Hi @TinkerGrey and welcome to the community!  Looking forward to hearing more about you and about your deconversion story.  Been an atheist myself for about five years now, since my early fifties. 

Hi, I was a Christian for 47 years before I figured out it was all B.S. I began having doubts about 20 years ago. I quit pretending I still believed about 11 years ago but didn’t pull the plug officially until 2012. 

Welcome aboard, you are among likeminded folks here. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! You did better than I did. Became a Christian at age 11, believed for 41 years, and have been an atheist for 7.

• Like 1

I think I can just beat that! Accepted Jesus as my personal saviour 😜 at age 8, followed The Way 😜 until I was 65, gave up belief about 12 years ago :clap:. Pilgrimage continues ever onwards, still learning, never going backwards 🚶‍♂️.

Welcome TinkerGrey.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard TinkerGrey!!!

On 9/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, nontheistpilgrim said:

I think I can just beat that! Accepted Jesus as my personal saviour 😜 at age 8, followed The Way 😜 until I was 65, gave up belief about 12 years ago :clap:. Pilgrimage continues ever onwards, still learning, never going backwards 🚶‍♂️.

Welcome TinkerGrey.

You win the "it's never too late" award! Seriously, the meme has evolved over 2000 years to capture and keep adherents. If it weren't for the Internet, it wouldn't be falling apart even today. Hopefully it'll die before it's able to evolve further.

• Like 2