Sign in to follow this  
LogicalFallacy

Masihi - Why do you believe God exists?

2 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I agree. There's a passion here that is much like falling in love, fully engrossed in it to the extent that the bias/favor is invisible to the participant. We do not see clearly as humans in such a state. There's also a marked desire to identify as the persecuted one in a majority culture that believes otherwise. The persecuted and the special or chosen complexes are closer than one might think. I don't mean any offence, I'm simply stating how the case appears to those of us who have once been there. 

I would not go so far as saying it is a complex, because I do not know the exact case, it just looks more like young blood boiling to me. :)

On 9/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, midniterider said:

A corporation is a group of people.

While I must admit that you provide some of the most excellent reasons in support of your argument that a corporation is not a person,  that is merely your opinion and quite frankly it is uninformed, inaccurate and incorrect.  Despite the fact you obviously must have received a high dollar education, it appears that you must have received some time prior to 2010.

In a United States Supreme Court decision (2010) it affirmed 1 USC § 1 which defines 'person' to include 'corporations'.

Since it would be pointless to attempt to get you to forget whether it is right or wrong that corporations are legally considered as persons and focus on the fact that corporation personage and their rights are legally an arguable issue then could I interest you in a game of quote that scripture?

Here is your clue    :moon: 

Can you guess which scripture this emoticon is referring unto? Click here for answer

Without people, a corporation does not exist.

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

A living system is comprised of organs, without organs the living system doesn't exist so your point is moot. However, I agree with your statement that without people, a person does not exist.  :3:

A corporation does not bring itself into existence

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Funny thing for someone who claims that living matter brought itself into existence.   However, just because you say that a corporation does not bring itself into existence does't mean anyone said that it did, but with that being said, are you claiming that corporations were created by the God-Man?  Could I suggest  "When Did Companies Become People? Excavating The Legal Evolution".    I haven't ever read it but if you do let me know how it says corporations evolved into persons. :wave:

If the Supreme Court had not said a corporation is a person, then it would not be a person. Cool. Thanks for the post 2010 update. 

Does this mean that if nobody had written the bible, Jesus would not exist? 

15 hours ago, Justus said:

While I must admit that you provide some of the most excellent reasons in support of your argument that a corporation is not a person,  that is merely your opinion and quite frankly it is uninformed, inaccurate and incorrect.  Despite the fact you obviously must have received a high dollar education, it appears that you must have received some time prior to 2010.

In a United States Supreme Court decision (2010) it affirmed 1 USC § 1 which defines 'person' to include 'corporations'.

Since it would be pointless to attempt to get you to forget whether it is right or wrong that corporations are legally considered as persons and focus on the fact that corporation personage and their rights are legally an arguable issue then could I interest you in a game of quote that scripture?

Here is your clue    :moon: 

Can you guess which scripture this emoticon is referring unto? Click here for answer

You are playing language games here which is a common rhetoric. 

But let me please introduce a bit of linguistics and philosophy of language. Words as parts of the language system signify a reality. Their meaning changes when the reality which is referred to changes.

There are sub systems inside the larger system of a language. There is the system of English then there is legal English, medical English, etc, a clasification based on proffesion. There are other ways to divide, like saying it is scottish english, irish english, american english based on geography/ ethnicity.

Hence, the fact that the word "person" means something in legal English in the US current legal does not mean it has the same meaning in other sub systems, like theology for example.  Pretty sure Jesus did not sacrifice himself for the sins of corporations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

Pretty sure Jesus did not sacrifice himself for the sins of corporations.

Even though he clearly should have, given that corporation sins are far greater that the average persons sins.

• Like 1

I took Microsoft out on a date last night, got her drunk and well, you know.

12 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

You are playing language games here which is a common rhetoric. 

It reminds me of when the Christian does this:

Christian: Atheism is a belief system.

Atheist: No it isnt. I dont worship atheism. There's no atheist god. No atheist bible. 

Then somewhere down the road...

Atheist: I believe I'll have a hamburger for lunch.

Christian: See! You do have beliefs!

6 hours ago, midniterider said:

I took Microsoft out on a date last night, got her drunk and well, you know.

How much did she charge you?

6 hours ago, midniterider said:

It reminds me of when the Christian does this:

Christian: Atheism is a belief system.

Atheist: No it isnt. I dont worship atheism. There's no atheist god. No atheist bible. 

Then somewhere down the road...

Atheist: I believe I'll have a hamburger for lunch.

Christian: See! You do have beliefs!

Here is a better one

A Z Corporation:  A corporation is a person

Atheist:  No they aren't

After the election to amend the State Constitution that permanently bans a State income tax

Atheist:  Why in God's name do I have to pay a state income tax after the amendment to prohibit the state imposing a state income was approved by a majority vote.

A Z Corporation:  Because you are not a corporation.

13 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Even though he clearly should have, given that corporation sins are far greater that the average persons sins.

That is clearly a misinterpretation since it is obvious that he sacrificed himself for the profit of the Corporation of Rome.  While it has grown since incorporating, which ironically was around the  period recorded in the New Testament when the corporate governance was just emerging into existence.  So where did Jesus find great faith, in Jerusalem?  Bethlehem, Galilee?  In Rome....in the house of a stockholder of Rome. 

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. Matt 8:10

It was during this period that the first working models for the corporation system of governance were beginning to used in the field as referenced in the passage just several verses down from the great faith verse cited above. If you live within the jurisdiction of a  corpus muncipalis you might want to attention to the verse about what happens to those in darkness in between the two verses or else you might find yourself it the same situation as the son of man.   

You can say what you what you want about  the corporate motto of the parent corporation "It's your world." yet personally I think they nailed it, but that's the world I know.

• Haha 1