Goodbye Jesus

Indisputable and Incontrovertible

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator

This morning, a colleague sneezed.  As is my custom, I held up two fingers, made a slight swirl with my hand (to represent the double helix), and "blessed" him by saying "Science save you."  Momentarily, a volley of sneezes were emitted in rapid-fire succession.  Whereupon my colleague lamented that science must not work.  A third colleague happened by at that juncture and responded "god bless you".  As if by some strange miracle of pure coincidence, the fit of expectorance  immediately ceased and the afflicted colleague was restored to his former state of health.

I now have all the proof I need that religion is true and jesus is real.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As I walked from my pickup to my workshop this morning, I prayed that I wouldn't get trampled by a herd of elephants. Guess what....not an elephant to be seen. Isn't gawd great? :D

• Haha 2

I find a flaw in your hypothesis. Further testing is needed. For example, had you said "may the unicorn's horn be thrust upon you" I would have expected the sneezing to cease, followed by somewhat choking laughter.

9 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

...had you said "may the unicorn's horn be thrust upon you"...

This is a family site. Please.

I just sneezed. It's a sign.

2 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

This is a family site. Please.

How dare you blaspheme the Great Pink Unicorn with your perverse imaginations. You need to be covered in the cuddly thoughts of the Unicorn and have the great horn thrust upon you. Glory to the unicorn.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
14 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You need to...have the great horn thrust upon you. Glory to the unicorn.

Chort s'toboy, here we go with the horny goat again. 🙄

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Chort s'toboy, here we go with the horny goat again. 🙄

And once again you in your ignorance insist on insulting the Great Unicorn. I AM OFFENDED.

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

And once again you in your ignorance insist on insulting the Great Unicorn. I AM OFFENDED.

Nothing to sneeze at, I'd reckon.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I'm sure that there exists a safe space for you somewhere. But it seems that it is not here. 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This morning, a colleague sneezed.  As is my custom, I held up two fingers, made a slight swirl with my hand (to represent the double helix), and "blessed" him by saying "Science save you."  Momentarily, a volley of sneezes were emitted in rapid-fire succession.  Whereupon my colleague lamented that science must not work.  A third colleague happened by at that juncture and responded "god bless you".  As if by some strange miracle of pure coincidence, the fit of expectorance  immediately ceased and the afflicted colleague was restored to his former state of health.

I now have all the proof I need that religion is true and jesus is real.  🙄

"God bless you." I guess people are just ordering God around as they please these days.

• Super Moderator

IIRC it was once believed that demons could enter you at the moment of a sneeze. I guess asking for god's blessing is logical in context. When someone sneezes by me I simply ask if they're contagious. I don't give a fuck if they're blessed or not.

• Haha 3

After I sneeze I say "Take that."  People tend to not say "God bless you" when they hear that.  I don't know why.  I can only figure they aren't so keen on blessing me when I've turned from innocent victim of a sneeze into some sort of perverted perpetrator of nasal ejaculation.

mwc

• Haha 3

There are other ways to sneeze than just to go "ACHOO!"  Next time, try, "HORSESHIT!"

I'm surprised that no one thought of responding with Jerry Seinfeld's, "You are SO good lookin'!" Am I THAT much older than everyone here?