Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheRedneckProfessor

Indisputable and Incontrovertible

Recommended Posts

This morning, a colleague sneezed.  As is my custom, I held up two fingers, made a slight swirl with my hand (to represent the double helix), and "blessed" him by saying "Science save you."  Momentarily, a volley of sneezes were emitted in rapid-fire succession.  Whereupon my colleague lamented that science must not work.  A third colleague happened by at that juncture and responded "god bless you".  As if by some strange miracle of pure coincidence, the fit of expectorance  immediately ceased and the afflicted colleague was restored to his former state of health.

 

I now have all the proof I need that religion is true and jesus is real.  🙄

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I walked from my pickup to my workshop this morning, I prayed that I wouldn't get trampled by a herd of elephants. Guess what....not an elephant to be seen. Isn't gawd great? :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find a flaw in your hypothesis. Further testing is needed. For example, had you said "may the unicorn's horn be thrust upon you" I would have expected the sneezing to cease, followed by somewhat choking laughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

...had you said "may the unicorn's horn be thrust upon you"...

 

This is a family site. Please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just sneezed. It's a sign.

 

2 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

This is a family site. Please.

 

How dare you blaspheme the Great Pink Unicorn with your perverse imaginations. You need to be covered in the cuddly thoughts of the Unicorn and have the great horn thrust upon you. Glory to the unicorn.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You need to...have the great horn thrust upon you. Glory to the unicorn.

Chort s'toboy, here we go with the horny goat again. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Chort s'toboy, here we go with the horny goat again. 🙄

 

And once again you in your ignorance insist on insulting the Great Unicorn. I AM OFFENDED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

 

And once again you in your ignorance insist on insulting the Great Unicorn. I AM OFFENDED.

Nothing to sneeze at, I'd reckon.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

 

And once again you in your ignorance insist on insulting the Great Unicorn. I AM OFFENDED.

 

I'm sure that there exists a safe space for you somewhere. But it seems that it is not here. 😜

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This morning, a colleague sneezed.  As is my custom, I held up two fingers, made a slight swirl with my hand (to represent the double helix), and "blessed" him by saying "Science save you."  Momentarily, a volley of sneezes were emitted in rapid-fire succession.  Whereupon my colleague lamented that science must not work.  A third colleague happened by at that juncture and responded "god bless you".  As if by some strange miracle of pure coincidence, the fit of expectorance  immediately ceased and the afflicted colleague was restored to his former state of health.

 

I now have all the proof I need that religion is true and jesus is real.  🙄

 

"God bless you." I guess people are just ordering God around as they please these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC it was once believed that demons could enter you at the moment of a sneeze. I guess asking for god's blessing is logical in context. When someone sneezes by me I simply ask if they're contagious. I don't give a fuck if they're blessed or not.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     After I sneeze I say "Take that."  People tend to not say "God bless you" when they hear that.  I don't know why.  I can only figure they aren't so keen on blessing me when I've turned from innocent victim of a sneeze into some sort of perverted perpetrator of nasal ejaculation.

 

          mwc

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are other ways to sneeze than just to go "ACHOO!"  Next time, try, "HORSESHIT!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised that no one thought of responding with Jerry Seinfeld's, "You are SO good lookin'!" Am I THAT much older than everyone here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.