Bazz99

Is it actually impossible to reason with a devout christian?

46 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I have an idea....why don't you just ask it directly rather than couch it in douchebaggery...  I believe this to be more reasonable.....the theme of the thread.

I'm not sure how to ask it any more directly than I have been; but I'll try.

Why was it so hard for you to admit that you're just making shit up as you go along?

Listen, son, this isn't rocket surgery, here.  Either you genuinely don't know, in which case, I can tell you (and you can deny it); or you do know but don't want to admit it to yourself.

3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm not sure how to ask it any more directly than I have been; but I'll try.

Why was it so hard for you to admit that you're just making shit up as you go along?

Listen, son, this isn't rocket surgery, here.  Either you genuinely don't know, in which case, I can tell you (and you can deny it); or you do know but don't want to admit it to yourself.

I'd prefer you just tell me.  Thx.

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Walter, again, how would you know anything about my cares or concerns.  Where's your proof?

Edgarcito, again... (and I'll emphasize where the evidence lies.)

On 10/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, Edgarcito said:

Walter, you have no idea what empathy level I possess.  Thanks.

Edgarcito,

Context is all important. I was talking about the level of empathy that you've displayed in this thread towards that ten year old sex slave. I've seen none from you. When the RedneckProfessor first asked you about that little girl, here's the level of empathy you displayed.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:13 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:
  On 10/10/2019 at 12:13 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

A ten-year-old girl gets sold into sexual slavery and is brutally raped multiple times every day; she kills herself a year later.  Is that the level/place god needed her to be to fit his plan?  

That would be the theory...

You washed your hands of her.

Image result for pontius pilate wash hands

Which is very curious, considering that you have children and I do not.  Even though you are the Christian and I'm not, even though you have children and I don't and even though you have faith and I do not, you've displayed a callous disregard for her, while I am very concerned about her.

A good worked example of how faith can be a bad thing if it corrodes a person's humanity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got it now?