Goodbye Jesus

Is it actually impossible to reason with a devout christian?

Bazz99

• Super Moderator

Eighteen fucking pages..........

3 minutes ago, florduh said:

Your boy wont stop...

• Super Moderator
18 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

The plan was to cull quitters...

Are you serious right now?

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Are you serious right now?

What else are we gonna call it.  You seem to think the rape victim can't find faith in God though the circumstance.  What else is left....people leaving faith in Christianity....quitting Christianity, quitting Christ.....quitters. 

43 minutes ago, florduh said:

We already have a thread talking about the problem of evil - which is also being discussed concurrently here. Seems a waste?

I think the thread title subject has been hashed into the ground enough to everyone's satisfaction?

• Super Moderator

I'm done.  Call me a quitter.  😆  If ed wants to continue discussing, we will do so in the other threads. 

22 hours ago, florduh said:

It is indeed pointless and frustrating as well. The only value of this dialog is that lurkers pop in and become informed by reading this crap. Still, 17 pages is a lot of wasted, repetitive crap. Maybe it's time to wind this one down. Thoughts?

No, because here's the point....ultimately it's a choice, a choice to choose self or choose to benefit another.  By choosing self, you leave the other in need.  It's why we persevere. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgarcito,

You've answered the Redneckprof's question, when you replied to Florduh.

By not acting to address suffering, god chooses himself over the other, leaving the other in need.

A god who chooses itself over that child, by doing nothing to alleviate the child's suffering, is a beast.  Plan or no plan.

To Florduh.

Yes.  Wind this thread up please.

Thank you.

Walter.

Well we have three mods agreeing.

I'll lock it. We can always unlock it if someone is going to have an emotional breakdown due to it being locked.

Good game people.