Goodbye Jesus

Exchristian

Knott

I don't understand the word exchristian, there is no such word. You may be an ex church goer or religious nut. But to say exchristian is like saying; I'm an exhuman being, yep had it with this human stuff and the lies that go with it. If you were ever a Christian then you still are. I know you feel there was something that you did to help you along and now it's up to you to cut it off. Sad deal is people get used up in religion and when it's over you can say I'm not that anymore ha, laughable. The abuses that exsist did enough damage without throwing gas on the fire. I get the hate and rage but get over it at some point, it doesn't do anything to stop the abuse of a system, it just selters in you. So anyway welcome back to being who you are by a natural birth and a spiritaul birth.

• Super Moderator

No True Scotsman.  

• Thanks 3

• Admin

• Super Moderator

Christian exceptionalism!

We can have Ex-Muslims, Ex-Atheists, Ex-Hindus, Ex-Catholics, Ex-Mormons, Ex-Everything Else but there can be no Ex-Christians because SPECIAL!!!!!!

• Haha 1

I was familiar with the 'Once saved, always saved' stuff - never understood it. But, what the heck, if you want to say that - you may as far as I am concerned. I'll stick with ex-Christian.

You do realise don't you that if you get saved .... ahh I see where you are going...I never was saved in the first place! 58 years wasted NOT 🤣🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nontheistpilgrim said:

I was familiar with the 'Once saved, always saved' stuff - never understood it. But, what the heck, if you want to say that - you may as far as I am concerned. I'll stick with ex-Christian.

You do realise don't you that if you get saved .... ahh I see where you are going...I never was saved in the first place! 58 years wasted NOT 🤣🤣

You know where I'm going, maybe assume you know would be a better word 😂

christians are always right.Last sentence?😜

5 hours ago, Knott said:

I don't understand the word exchristian, there is no such word. You may be an ex church goer or religious nut. But to say exchristian is like saying; I'm an exhuman being, yep had it with this human stuff and the lies that go with it. If you were ever a Christian then you still are. I know you feel there was something that you did to help you along and now it's up to you to cut it off. Sad deal is people get used up in religion and when it's over you can say I'm not that anymore ha, laughable. The abuses that exsist did enough damage without throwing gas on the fire. I get the hate and rage but get over it at some point, it doesn't do anything to stop the abuse of a system, it just selters in you. So anyway welcome back to being who you are by a natural birth and a spiritaul birth.

I know you went to church.

I know you sang the songs.

I know you felt the Spirit.

I know you read the bible.

I know you loved the Jesus.

I know you joined the church membership.

I know you did mission work.

I know you tithed. 

I know you went to Promise Keepers.

I know you tried to evangelize other people. 

I know you did and felt and lived a Christian life.

But dammit! You was never a REAL Christian. LoL. 

I really have little hate or rage about Christianity. But when a stranger comes here to tell me who I am and what I'm thinking .... when really he doesn't know anything at all about me...then a little anger flares up. 

You speak of 'abuse of the system.' The system IS abuse. Christianity IS abuse. The bible is abusive to one's mental health. Why does your Jesus allow abuse in his own church by his pastoral staff and congregation? Probably because he isn't real. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I know you went to church.

I know you sang the songs.

I know you felt the Spirit.

I know you read the bible.

I know you loved the Jesus.

I know you joined the church membership.

I know you did mission work.

I know you tithed. 

I know you went to Promise Keepers.

I know you tried to evangelize other people. 

I know you did and felt and lived a Christian life.

But dammit! You was never a REAL Christian. LoL. 

I really have little hate or rage about Christianity. But when a stranger comes here to tell me who I am and what I'm thinking .... when really he doesn't know anything at all about me...then a little anger flares up. 

You speak of 'abuse of the system.' The system IS abuse. Christianity IS abuse. The bible is abusive to one's mental health. Why does your Jesus allow abuse in his own church by his pastoral staff and congregation? Probably because he isn't real. 

Why? Why? Sounds ridiculous. Works both ways on the pop off deal, everyone smacking each other around.

1 hour ago, Knott said:

Why? Why? Sounds ridiculous. 

Why does asking why sound ridiculous? Is it because you have no answer other than "Cuz I said so" ?

Please tell me what a Christian is. Please tell me what it is that makes YOU a Christian. 

Then assuming for a moment I actually was/still am a Christian, please tell me why I could never stop being one.

Please tell me why I am still a Christian when I say I'm not a Christian.

Sorry for the off topic, but why does Jesus allow his youth pastors to have sex with underage teens? (Do you have an answer other than "Why Why Sounds ridiculous." ?)

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/All-too-often-Southern-Baptist-youth-pastors-13588292.php

I used to accept authoritarian type non-answers from church members and pastors but now I choose to think for myself and come to my own conclusions. One conclusion is that Jesus probably does not exist since he does not do anything overtly supernatural ... like you know....appear in person. Or supernaturally stop youth pastors from making his religion look  bad. 

14 hours ago, Knott said:

Amazing points!

Only xians are humans.  What a quaint simile.

See, what really happened is I was a giant turd.  Then I stopped believing and I magically became an actual, functioning, human.  So, it's like, xians are turds and non-xians are the humans.  Why would you want to be a turd?  Why would you want me to be a turd too?  Once a turd always a turd?  That's just terrible.

mwc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Knott said:

I don't understand the word exchristian....

I do not believe you.

...there is no such word.

Sure there is.

You may be an ex church goer or religious nut.

OK.

...But to say exchristian is like saying; I'm an exhuman being....

Category error, which results in a poor analogy.  Belonging to a particular religion (or not) has nothing to do with being a member of the homo sapiens species (or not).

If you were ever a Christian then you still are.

Just not in any way you can demonstrate.  Your personal belief is not relevant evidence.

I know you feel there was something that you did to help you along and now it's up to you to cut it off. Sad deal is people get used up in religion and when it's over you can say I'm not that anymore ha, laughable. The abuses that exsist did enough damage without throwing gas on the fire. I get the hate and rage but get over it at some point, it doesn't do anything to stop the abuse of a system, it just selters in you.

Yes, you "know"....laughable.

So anyway welcome back to being who you are by a natural birth and a spiritaul birth.

This is inconsistent with your previous assertion, "If you were ever a Christian then you still are." (your words).

• Like 2

Knott, the word ex-christian exists.  We use it to describe ourselves.  You have no say in the matter.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, midniterider said:

Why does asking why sound ridiculous? Is it because you have no answer other than "Cuz I said so" ?

Please tell me what a Christian is. Please tell me what it is that makes YOU a Christian. 

Then assuming for a moment I actually was/still am a Christian, please tell me why I could never stop being one.

Please tell me why I am still a Christian when I say I'm not a Christian.

Sorry for the off topic, but why does Jesus allow his youth pastors to have sex with underage teens? (Do you have an answer other than "Why Why Sounds ridiculous." ?)

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/investigations/article/All-too-often-Southern-Baptist-youth-pastors-13588292.php

I used to accept authoritarian type non-answers from church members and pastors but now I choose to think for myself and come to my own conclusions. One conclusion is that Jesus probably does not exist since he does not do anything overtly supernatural ... like you know....appear in person. Or supernaturally stop youth pastors from making his religion look  bad. 

Good questions but there is no answer for you. Your answer is found in the bitterness of hate and resentment. What I don't get (I do understand the mind expression) how bashing anyone helps a cause. We have forums for what ever hard feelings anyone has. I vent alot myself but a continual foaming, that is what I don't understand. So we have been hurt, what comes from all the fuming about a situation. Don't you ever get tired of listening to yourself carry on about a situation that happened years ago. What I get when I ask that question is; why are you here if you don't want to hear it leave. Well my question is why do you have to go and torment and troll others. You can't have it both ways

• Admin
10 hours ago, Knott said:

What I don't get (I do understand the mind expression) how bashing anyone helps a cause.

You may want to read the guidelines for this site: https://www.ex-christian.net/guidelines/. It may enlighten you as to exactly what "cause" is being supported here. 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:10 PM, Knott said:

I don't understand the word exchristian, there is no such word

Just wait till you find about "ex-wife".

I kid you not. It's a crazy world out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Knott said:

Good questions but there is no answer for you. Your answer is found in the bitterness of hate and resentment. What I don't get (I do understand the mind expression) how bashing anyone helps a cause. We have forums for what ever hard feelings anyone has. I vent alot myself but a continual foaming, that is what I don't understand. So we have been hurt, what comes from all the fuming about a situation. Don't you ever get tired of listening to yourself carry on about a situation that happened years ago. What I get when I ask that question is; why are you here if you don't want to hear it leave. Well my question is why do you have to go and torment and troll others. You can't have it both ways

Maybe you could answer the 'good questions' for someone else that might be reading who isn't bitter like you think I am for some reason. Maybe I'm not angry but just older and a bit wiser about allowing myself to believe biblical nonsense.

Who am I bashing, you? Was I hurt? Am I fuming? I think you have me confused with someone else; maybe some stereotype you have in your mind about what an ex-Christian is.  Why do I have to go "where" to torment and troll others? Here you mean? Trolling you? Who started this thread? It was you and you were denying the idea of what we are. Ex-Christians. But no, I'm trolling you. Sweet. And illogical. 

This is an ex-Christian forum where we talk about the fiction of Christianity and how it messed up our lives and continues to mess up other people's lives, like our relatives and friends, marriages, etc. 

Cant have what both ways? Why is it important that I stop talking about my negative experience with Christianity? I'm not visiting other pro-Christian forums (at the moment) and posting anti-Christian messages on them. I'm posting here. I'll post anything on here that Dave lets me and seems relevant to ex-Christianity. :) 

Ex-Christian.net: A place where people freely talk smack about Christianity and Jesus Christ. That must be hard to stomach for you. 

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I don't understand the word ex-husband, there is no such word. You may be an ex-boyfriend or stalker nut. But to say ex-husband is like saying, "I'm an ex-man.  Yep, had it with this man stuff and the lies that go with it." If you were ever a husband then you still are. I know you feel there was something that you did to help you along and now it's up to you to cut it off. Sad deal is people get used up in marriage and when it's over you can say, "I'm not that anymore".  Ha, laughable. The abuses that exist did enough damage without throwing gas on the fire. I get the hate and rage but get over it at some point; it doesn't do anything to stop the abuse of a system, it just selters in you. So anyway welcome back to being who you are by a legal divorce and a spiritual divorce.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 3:10 AM, Knott said:

But to say exchristian is like saying; I'm an exhuman being, yep had it with this human stuff and the lies that go with it. If you were ever a Christian then you still are. 

I don't see how you can draw any comparison there. Human is what we are by birth. No one is born a Christian; "Christian" is about what someone *believes*. If you believed as a child that Santa Claus lived at the north pole, does that mean you still believe it now? 

Be careful. If you express a distaste for Jesus , Knott thinks you're full of bitterness, hate and rage. :) I guess you can either love Jesus or hate him. No in-between. Sounds like church mind programming. 

"Do you like donuts?"

"No"

"Oh, so you are bitter, full of hate and rage over donuts"

"No, they just make me fat"

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:10 PM, Knott said:

Really? This bullshit again?

Of all the topics that's been covered, this one probably is in the top 10.

Let me help you, because you seem to have a comprehension problem.

So our word is Ex-Christian.

Ex means: a prefix meaning “out of,” “from,” and hence “utterly,” “thoroughly,” and sometimes meaning “not” or “without” or indicating a former title, status, etc.; freely used as an English formative: exstipulate; exterritorial; ex-president (former president); ex-member; ex-wife.

Christian means: relating to or professing Christianity or its teachings.

So if we combine the two we once professed Christianity, but now no longer do. Hence Ex-Christian.

That's not so hard to understand is it?

Consider the argument in reverse. In order to truly be a Christian, one must have an authentic experience of Christ. But Christ doesn't exist. Therefore there are no true Chriatians.

Do you see how silly this is? I start from the position that Chriatianity is false, and use that to show that, on this view, no one can have a real experience of Christ. What you're doing is starting from the position that Christianity is true, and using that to show that, on this view, no one can be an ex-Christian. Both arguments are silly, because they say nothing about the veracity of Christianity.

• Like 1

I've met a variety of people from a variety of religions and spiritual beliefs and I've been amazed how many people from those different religions have "real" or real experiences with different gods or God. I concluded that is possible they could all be real experiences, but it is also possible their emotions have contributed to their mind playing tricks on them. 

19 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:

Just wait till you find about "ex-wife".

I kid you not. It's a crazy world out there.

Haha ok that I can relate too!

14 hours ago, midniterider said:

Be careful. If you express a distaste for Jesus , Knott thinks you're full of bitterness, hate and rage. :) I guess you can either love Jesus or hate him. No in-between. Sounds like church mind programming. 

"Do you like donuts?"

"No"

"Oh, so you are bitter, full of hate and rage over donuts"

"No, they just make me fat"

Who said anything about jesus man you guys and your assumptions. What is the deal did we miss a few hugs growing up, too trippie.