Knott

Exchristian

Ok rant and rage thread! Internet bulldogs we are, but face to face in public were besties. Does it make you feel better, does it bring some kind of euphoria, just asking? since off OP and the word exchristian does exsisit. OP; so if I believe something that makes it true, but if I choose to not believe it anymore then that makes it untrue. Am I reading it right, what we believe or don't believe settles the matter?

Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
32 minutes ago, Knott said:

Ok rant and rage thread! Internet bulldogs we are, but face to face in public were besties. Does it make you feel better, does it bring some kind of euphoria, just asking? since off OP and the word exchristian does exsisit. OP; so if I believe something that makes it true, but if I choose to not believe it anymore then that makes it untrue. Am I reading it right, what we believe or don't believe settles the matter?

Apart from the fact that your post is barely coherent - the reason you might be facing some hostility is one your claim is total bullshit, and two we get that bullshit thrown at as all the time. So put yourself in my shoes getting bullshit thrown at you all the time - the next time someone throws some at you you probably aren't gonna thank them are you?

Your particular style of bullshit comes from the likes of these folk: https://www.gotquestions.org/ex-Christian.html who get their bullshit from from the NT. The article asks "Why do some people claim to be former Christians?"... well you dimwits, because we were! The fact that you try and define that out of reality doesn't make it true. I was also a former creationist, a former homophobe, a former whateverthefuck. And you can put Ex in front of these words to indicate the past tense of the position you once held.

The article linked ends with this "Any person who claimed to be a Christian, but later rejects the Christian faith, was never truly a Christian."

Congratulations - Christians committing absurd logical fallacies since AD0.

For the ignorant among you the logical fallacy displayed is a no true scotsman... but you should know that because TRP pointed it out earlier.

It occurs to me that this sounds ranty... but it also occurs to me that I'm in rants and replies :D 

Oh what the hell I'll have a crack at answering this or else I'll lay awake drafting up an answer:

OP; so if I believe something that makes it true, but if I choose to not believe it anymore then that makes it untrue. Am I reading it right, what we believe or don't believe settles the matter?

No, your belief has no bearing on the truth - hence me pointing out your fallacy of saying we weren't really Christians.

Belief is merely a mind state that indicates whether or not you agree with a proposition.  

The question before us is: are former Christians former Christians? Your answer, based on fallacious reasoning, is no, we were never really Christians.

However a Christian is one who professes the tenants of Christianity, and since all ex-Christians here by definition once professed Christianity then we are all former, or ex-Christians. The fact that you want to point to your holy book and highlight it's propensity to commit fallacies has no bearing on the truth.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Knott said:

Good questions but there is no answer for you.

LuthAMF 2.0, imo. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, midniterider said:

LuthAMF 2.0, imo. 

I dunno.  Luth-ifer was obsessed with correct theology, correct interpretation, correct methodology; this guy's not even interested in correct spelling.

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I dunno.  Luth-ifer was obsessed with correct theology, correct interpretation, correct methodology; this guy's not even interested in correct spelling.

My bad. All these Christians tend to look the same after a while. 

2 minutes ago, midniterider said:

My bad. All these Christians tend to look the same after a while. 

I'm not putting it past Luth-ifer to re-manifest as a sock puppet, though.

23 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Knott's interest is writing, as he states below his name in each post he writes.  I suspect he is here to practice his writing skills.

7 hours ago, Knott said:

Ok rant and rage thread! Internet bulldogs we are, but face to face in public were besties.

Nope.  I wouldn't associate with someone like you IRL.

Does it make you feel better, does it bring some kind of euphoria, just asking?

Yes, it is rather exhilarating to verbally smack around people like you, who cheerfully dismiss whole decades of other people's experiences.

• Thanks 1

I'm getting the troll feeling from Knott so I may just stay with low effort replies. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I'm getting the troll feeling from Knott so I may just stay with low effort replies. 

Yes, a troll. Enjoy while you may.

5 hours ago, Astreja said:

Yes, it is rather exhilarating to verbally smack around people like you, who cheerfully dismiss whole decades of other people's experiences.

I agree with this. I felt quite exhilarated last night after finishing my above rant as to why this entire thread subject is asinine.

It was alluded to above, but the "births" are not the same.  You have no choice in physical birth, but you chose to become a Christian, or be "born again".  Considering a choice to be the same as physical birth that cannot be reversed, is absurd.  If you stick around here long enough, and read our testimonials, and pray to find truth, you may become one of us.  I dare you to do so!

• Thanks 1

Standard bullshit of a Jebus Taliban member. Been there, done that.

The entire underlying theory of the Jebus cult (limited to one book full of lies, contradictions and nonsense) makes no sense and is cruel by any rational means. Whatever "love" one can feel it is is not because but despite that theory, a result of psychological manipulation.

Me, I don't mind the casual "bible says jesus was a good guy, let's try be a bit like him" believer; the moment someone starts denying reality because it proves the "scripture" wrong though there is only one adequate answer.

spacer.png

• Sad 1

I think the whole "you were never a Christian to begin with" line is a way of pretending that Christian doctrine is logically irrefutable in order to pretend that no logical person could refute it.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:04 AM, Knott said:

Don't you ever get tired of listening to yourself carry on about a situation that happened years ago.

Uh.... isn't that what you do every Sunday? And perhaps daily in between?

On 10/6/2019 at 3:04 AM, Knott said:

Well my question is why do you have to go and torment and troll others.

Who's the troll here? You came here, we didn't invade your world.

Just a side question here. The premise of Christianity is that there is an all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent deity who sent himself to earth and killed himself in order to avenge himself for a curse that he put on us because one of our distant ancestors ate fruit off a magical tree after being told to do it by a talking snake. My question is: Do you believe this because it makes sense or do you believe it because other people convinced you that bad things will happen to you if you don't?

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, Moonobserver said:

I think the whole "you were never a Christian to begin with" line is a way of pretending that Christian doctrine is logically irrefutable in order to pretend that no logical person could refute it.

Yes, it's part of an overall brainwashed state of experience and reasoning.

It applies within denominations too. I left SDAism, so I was never a real adventist. Forget that I'm related to William Miller and that my family has been in SDAism from it's founding in the middle 19th century. Since I left all these generations later, I was never a real SDA. And if not a real SDA, not a real christian, because according to SDA's they are the only remnant church and the only true christians alive today....