Goodbye Jesus

List of Religious-Based MLMs

Karen

MLM stands for multi-level marketing. Amway, etc.

Although we're a comedy podcast about religion, this episode made us mad. Of course, most of the women who join up to do home parties are stay at home moms. 75% make no money and 50% lose money.

Here's a link to our podcast online (you can find us on iTunes, etc. )because we always love listens and ratings, but the main thing is to get the message out there and keep it going.

Please add to this list if you can verify they are religion-based.

31 Gifts

LaBella Baskets and Gifts

Mary Kay 0.2% (two tenths of one percent) are in Cadillacs.

Just Jewelry 

F.A.I.T.H. Gifts

Initial Outfitters

Damsel in Defense

First Fitness Nutrition

Mary and Martha

Daisy Blue Naturals

Close to my Heart

Art and Soul

Amway

CB Jewelry

Compelling Creations

Premier Designs

Red Rock Traditions

Crowned Free

Grace and Heart

Advocare

DoTerra–From Young Living 

Pampered Chef

Plexus

Juice Plus

Eclipse Candle Company

Scentsy

Taste of Gourmet

I had an experience with Mary Kay.  Freaked me out.  They wanted me to take out a loan to pay for the starter package since I had no income at the time.  All I can say is the lady that brought me into it had such a greedy look on her face when her supervisor (or whatever) tried to get me to get the loan.  I ended up agreeing just to get out of there, and then I ghosted them :). I thought it was kind of sick.  

• Like 2

Whoa! That's unbelievable

• Super Moderator

My fundy dad once dragged me to a "party." Fun people, he said. Fun party, he said.

It was an Amway ambush. Some kid about 18 or 19 did a presentation showing how as a college student he was already making over $100,000 with Amway. I asked him if he was making that much money why was he wasting his time in school. He said he needed a degree to make a living. Let us pray.....

• Haha 7

Sooooo,

Is the purpose of this list to ask us not to patronize these companies?

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, MOHO said:

Sooooo,

Is the purpose of this list to ask us not to patronize these companies?

That's an interesting concept. In my experience it's not that easy to just buy any MLM product. As I said to an Amway guy who was showing me the downline principle I asked about selling product rather than recruiting. He said there's no money in selling product. I quipped, "Well, SOMEBODY has to buy the damn soap!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Amway ambushes!  Man, I forgot about the four times I was lied to in my Fundy 20's and ended up at one of these.

• Sad 1

There were actually so many simultaneous network marketing promos going on at my old church that several families had to be "counseled". We inadvertently would up at one of these meetings for the "be your own travel agent" thing that was going on 10 years ago. We were succered in because pastor ass-hat sanctioned it, did not tell anyone what it was, and even gave the opening invocation.

He was a former insurance salesman so. No dig at insurance folks but the fact that he was a very successful salesman before he was a pastor. 

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Church folk are gullible by definition. It makes sense that other hucksters want to share in the catch for their own financial or political gain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Super Moderator

I want to speak with your manager, Karen.  😎

Matthew 6:24 

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

3 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Matthew 6:24 

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

OH MY GOD!

You mean some xtians are <GASP!> CHERRY PICKERS!     :o

• Haha 1

We have a big-time fundy friend who has been through a number of these. At the moment, it's essential oils. According to her, all problems can be traced back to some sort of imbalance that can be fixed through the use of these essential oils. My wife has world-class orthopedic problems including four rods and ten screws in her back and a steel plate in her neck. She's in constant pain. But according to this friend, if she rubs essential oils on her back that should take care of the pain. Said friend sent some of this junk, which is rather expensive,  as a gift, but of course it was worthless. 

(By the way, cannabis is legal here and she finds that CBD oil works and is more effective than the prescription pain killers, which make her feel sick.)

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 11:35 PM, MOHO said:

OH MY GOD!

You mean some xtians are <GASP!> CHERRY PICKERS!     :o

😉

• Like 1

Fascinating! I have also heard of the connection between conservative Christianity and these wacko sales-cults, but have not had any first-hand experiences (thank Cthulhu!).