Goodbye Jesus

Tennessee pastor posts video burning book that critiques Christian nationalism

webmdave

• Admin

(RNS) — A conservative evangelical pastor in Tennessee posted a video of himself on social media burning a book by an atheist lawyer who argued the U.S. was not built as a Christian nation.

The post Tennessee pastor posts video burning book that critiques Christian nationalism appeared first on Religion News Service.

View the full article

Interesting.

Good advert for Mr. Seidel's book. I shall read it now.

I've had discussions along these lines with wifey and step-son. Wife cannot participate much with the exception of shutting down any open dialog. Step son is a little more engaging and, once, we both arrived at the understanding that the constitution does not specify an official religion and gives us the right to choose no religion if we so desire. Step-son, however, would very much like to change that and make Xianity the official religion of the U.S. I point out that the concept of a national religion did not go so well in Iran back in the 70's. OK THAT was a push for more control of that country by an existing religion that the Shaw kinda put on a back-burner.

Not really sure were I was going with that but being forced or coerced in any way to adhere to the practices of something that is not born of science, logic, reason, AND places control in the hands of those using this lack of the aforementioned properties, quite frankly, scares the liv'n SHIT out of me! :eek:

Just bought the book on Kindle.

Intro reminds us that the constitution is (was?) founded on the concept of "We the PEOPLE").

• Thanks 1