Goodbye Jesus

How Do You Justify Worshipping a god in an Evil World?

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I don't think God puts a 10 year old's welfare in their own hands....rather places the responsibility on the child's parents/guardians. 

Again I am compelled to ask:  Are you being serious right now?

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yes, you?

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

If memory serves, in the original scenario, the 10 year old girl was abducted from the care of her parents/guardians.

Edgarcito replied to something that was not part of the original scenario.

The girl is a sex slave, no longer under the protection of her parents/guardians.

Perhaps you should ask Edgarcito about that, RNP?

• Super Moderator
43 minutes ago, WalterP said:

If memory serves, in the original scenario, the 10 year old girl was abducted from the care of her parents/guardians.

Edgarcito replied to something that was not part of the original scenario.

The girl is a sex slave, no longer under the protection of her parents/guardians.

Perhaps you should ask Edgarcito about that, RNP?

Abduction was not part of the original scenario, specifically because it is often the parents/guardians who sell the girls in the first place.

Screenshot_20191102-105038.png

• Super Moderator
51 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Yes, you?

This is who your god trusts with the innocence of ten-year-old girls?!?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/12/world/cambodia-child-sex-trade/

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This is who your god trusts with the innocence of ten-year-old girls?!?

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/12/world/cambodia-child-sex-trade/

Just a brief gander at the article....it appears the mom feared more for her life and wellbeing than her child.....feared death.  You need me to tell you how this fits in the Jesus story?

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Just a brief gander at the article....it appears the mom feared more for her life and wellbeing than her child.....feared death.  You need me to tell you how this fits in the Jesus story?

How does it fit, indeed?  Why was mom in that situation?  Who put her there?  How did she come to such a place?

The problem is that we can't even begin to address the ten-year-old sex slave issue without opening up all manner of other cans of worms.  And an all-loving and all-loving powerful god is responsible for each of those worms in every one of the cans.

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

How does it fit, indeed?  Why was mom in that situation?  Who put her there?  How did she come to such a place?

The problem is that we can't even begin to address the ten-year-old sex slave issue without opening up all manner of other cans of worms.  And an all-loving and all-loving powerful god is responsible for each of those worms in every one of the cans.

Appears you are frustrated.  What I can allow is that it, good, seems to start one person, one relationship at a time.  And with social media, I expect it can even move faster than that these days.  For me, it's my interpretation that this commission is given to us to for hope, to hold on to hope in light of the crap in this world.  If you don't wish to speculate that there is the Christian God behind some plan, no biggie... but for me, I think it fits decently in the story we have been given. 

Again, I place us in the timeline between the resurrection of Christ and His return.....a time where the onus is on individuals to decide whether Jesus is real, and place their faith and actions in accordance with that determination.  Might be real....might be a crapshoot....to each his own.

• Super Moderator
24 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Appears you are frustrated.

Irrelevant conjecture.

• Super Moderator
25 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Again, I place us in the timeline between the resurrection of Christ and His return.....a time where the onus is on individuals to decide whether Jesus is real, and place their faith and actions in accordance with that determination.  Might be real....might be a crapshoot....to each his own.

Yes.  I understand that we are living within the Dispensation of Grace; and, in theory, without probing too deeply, it's a satisfactory answer. 

But what "grace" is extended to the ten-year-old sex slave?  What "grace" for her mother?  At what price does "mercy" come to god's chosen few?

It really doesn't justify, or reconcile, an all-loving, all-powerful god allowing such evil.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yes.  I understand that we are living within the Dispensation of Grace; and, in theory, without probing too deeply, it's a satisfactory answer. 

But what "grace" is extended to the ten-year-old sex slave?  What "grace" for her mother?  At what price does "mercy" come to god's chosen few?

It really doesn't justify, or reconcile, an all-loving, all-powerful god allowing such evil.

It's like children in my mind....at some point you have to allow them to do what they are going to do despite your ability to protect them.  Until there is a change in humanity towards the better, it is a disservice not to allow your children to experience the hardships.  Puts them ultimately on the right track....hopefully. 

23 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

It's like children in my mind....at some point you have to allow them to do what they are going to do despite your ability to protect them.  Until there is a change in humanity towards the better, it is a disservice not to allow your children to experience the hardships.  Puts them ultimately on the right track....hopefully. 

This comment misses the point. This is not about a father allowing kids to endure some hardships in order to allow them to mature. This is about a "heavenly" father allowing unspeakable suffering to innocent children.  For a god to allow this when he is supposedly capable of preventing it, . . . . is sickening and despicable. Luckily I dont believe this asshole god exists, but for those who do, why they choose to worship such an evil being is beyond comprehension.

• Super Moderator
45 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I like children...

I edited this for you to give you a point of reference from which to start. 

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

Child sex slavery is not a 'hardship' that builds character. 

1 hour ago, freshstart said:

This comment misses the point. This is not about a father allowing kids to endure some hardships in order to allow them to mature. This is about a "heavenly" father allowing unspeakable suffering to innocent children.  For a god to allow this when he is supposedly capable of preventing it, . . . . is sickening and despicable. Luckily I dont believe this asshole god exists, but for those who do, why they choose to worship such an evil being is beyond comprehension.

Do you have children of the age where they are becoming autonomous?

13 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Child sex slavery is not a 'hardship' that builds character. 

Maybe God allowed Jesus to suffer even though he did the right thing in order that it be fair when people who didn't do the right thing suffer.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

Do you have children of the age where they are becoming autonomous?

Irrelevant.  freshstart's character is not in question.  Your god's is.

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Irrelevant.  freshstart's character is not in question.  Your god's is.

No it's not....if she hasn't been faced with that dilemma then she's not versed in the experience.  It's totally a valid question.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

Maybe God allowed Jesus to suffer even though he did the right thing in order that it be fair when people who didn't do the right thing suffer.

Also irrelevant.  jesus didn't "suffer".  He knew his ordeal was only temporary and that he could relieve himself of it any time he wanted to.  The ten-year-old sex slave has neither of those luxuries. 

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

No it's not....if she hasn't been faced with that dilemma then she's not versed in the experience.  It's totally a valid question.

It is not a valud question.  One does not need to have raised children in order to feel enough compassion for a child to deliver it of a life of bondage and slavery.

Now, stay on task and try to justify your god's continued dismissal of our ten-year-old sex slave.

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Now, stay on task and try to justify your god's continued dismissal of our ten-year-old sex slave.

Good luck with that. You have my thoughts and prayers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It is not a valud question.  One does not need to have raised children in order to feel enough compassion for a child to deliver it of a life of bondage and slavery.

I am..  One, the church doesn't choose deacons and elders based on their inexperience.....neither do we choose our government leaders based on inexperience. 

Betting you haven't been faced with these experiences either.  We have two scenarios.....one, a child is raised by an evil subscribing person or is raised by and loving person.  Let's take option two for now.  At some point the child will choose a path that you already know what will happen down that path.  It doesn't matter if you tell the before hand, if you PASSIONATELY tell them the answer, they have set it in their mind and are going to traverse that path regardless.  As they move forward and hit stones, you can give them suggestions of how they might proceed, but fixing the problem doesn't support their overall wellbeing imo, for several reasons.  Now, if a child has repeatedly told you to bugger off, then the likelihood of saving their tiny rears is even less effective.  Notice how the mother in the story regretted having to sell her daughter?

1 minute ago, florduh said:

more characterization...

7 minutes ago, florduh said:

You told me how knowledgeable you are regarding Christianity.....how many times did Israel reject God