Jump to content
TheRedneckProfessor

How Do You Justify Worshipping a god in an Evil World?

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That's all well and good, and possibly even true.  We're just asking you to reconcile a logical impossibility.  We know it's impossible; but, by all means, keep trying.

 

That's just it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.



On 11/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, Justus said:

Come on, if you claim there is no God then why would you even make the accusation that God is any way responsible.  It seems to me that you don't really subscribe to liberty since the liberty to believe doesn't require evidence, faith requires evidence but you ain't the judge of anyone's faith. 

 

You still haven't digested this yet? We're 5 pages in. I've personally told on at least three occasions so far that it's irrelevant what we think. We are not accusing god as responsible for sex slaves. We do not believe in god, so how could we think he's responsible if we don't believe he exists?

 

We're pointing out a logical contradiction about YOUR beliefs about a god!!!!

 

1) YOU believe in the god of the bible, who is given attributes according to the bible.

 

2) Those attributes include all presence, all knowing, all powerful and all good, among many other attributes. Those four will do for now. 

 

3) These attributes that YOU believe in, because you believe in the god of the bible, cause many contradictions listed throughout the thread. 

 

  13 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That's all well and good, and possibly even true.  We're just asking you to reconcile a logical impossibility.  We know it's impossible; but, by all means, keep trying.

 

The topic here is the logical impossibilities that stem from what the bible claims about god. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

 

You still haven't digested this yet? We're 5 pages in. I've personally told on at least three occasions so far that it's irrelevant what we think. We are not accusing god as responsible for sex slaves. We do not believe in god, so how could we think he's responsible if we don't believe he exists?

 

We're pointing out a logical contradiction about YOUR beliefs about a god!!!!

 

1) YOU believe in the god of the bible, who is given attributes according to the bible.

 

2) Those attributes include all presence, all knowing, all powerful and all good, among many other attributes. Those four will do for now. 

 

3) These attributes that YOU believe in, because you believe in the god of the bible, cause many contradictions listed throughout the thread. 

 

 

 

 

There are no contradictions, just the inability of mortal man to comprehend His Mysterious Ways. Sheesh, did you learn nothing in Sunday School? 🤣

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to sell you into slavery and let men harm you, plans to strip you of hope and destroy your future."  Jeremiah 29:11

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

1) YOU believe in the god of the bible, who is given attributes according to the bible.

 

Why are you trying to define whom I believe in when you don't have a clue?   

 

2 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

We do not believe in god, so how could we think he's responsible if we don't believe he exists?

 

Exactly, you don't believe in truth.

 

But if you say that Florduh claims that he does not believe that there is no truth,  he just doesn't believe that there is any  proof that truth exists. 

Quote

I don't have a belief that there is no god, and that is apparently something that is impossible for theists to grasp.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justus, 

 

You seem to object to Joshpantera telling you what you believe.

 

Yet, you've told him what he doesn't believe.

 

Aren't you doing to him what you've accused him of doing to you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, WalterP said:

Aren't you doing to him what you've accused him of doing to you?

Do unto others as you'd say they do unto you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

 

You still haven't digested this yet? We're 5 pages in. I've personally told on at least three occasions so far that it's irrelevant what we think. We are not accusing god as responsible for sex slaves. We do not believe in god, so how could we think he's responsible if we don't believe he exists?

 

We're pointing out a logical contradiction about YOUR beliefs about a god!!!!

 

1) YOU believe in the god of the bible, who is given attributes according to the bible.

 

2) Those attributes include all presence, all knowing, all powerful and all good, among many other attributes. Those four will do for now. 

 

3) These attributes that YOU believe in, because you believe in the god of the bible, cause many contradictions listed throughout the thread. 

 

  13 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That's all well and good, and possibly even true.  We're just asking you to reconcile a logical impossibility.  We know it's impossible; but, by all means, keep trying.

 

The topic here is the logical impossibilities that stem from what the bible claims about god. 

Thanks.....this is more clearly stated.  Even I thought each of you were entertaining God as possibility.  But back to your more clear question. 

 

A deck of cards comes to mind....has all the kings, all the queens, jacks and Aces.  And is complete just the way it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

A deck of cards comes to mind....has all the kings, all the queens, jacks and Aces.  And is complete just the way it is. 

 

Someone pass me a brick wall to bang my head on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Justus said:
13 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

1) YOU believe in the god of the bible, who is given attributes according to the bible.

 

Why are you trying to define whom I believe in when you don't have a clue?   

 

 

I don't have a clue that you are a christian, who believes that the bible is true? Are you NOT a christian and do you NOT believe that the bible is true? 

 

Let's fine tune your position step by step with two basic, yes or no questions. 

 

1) Are you a christian? 

2) Do believe that the bible is true? 

 

11 hours ago, Justus said:
13 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

We do not believe in god, so how could we think he's responsible if we don't believe he exists?

 

Exactly, you don't believe in truth.

 

 

When I said you believe in the god of the bible, you objected. But when I said that we do not believe in god, you said that we don't believe in truth. That seems to suggest that you are saying that because we don't believe in god, therefore we do not believe in truth - meaning that you DO believe in the god of the bible, as a christian, and I was correct from the outset. Unless you believe in some other god, some other religion, and some other religious text which you've never disclosed to us. 

 

Just answer the two yes or no questions if you will. 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Thanks.....this is more clearly stated.  Even I thought each of you were entertaining God as possibility.  But back to your more clear question. 

 

A deck of cards comes to mind....has all the kings, all the queens, jacks and Aces.  And is complete just the way it is. 

 

So it's been too confusing for you guys to understand what we're even talking about. I've tried several times to clarify it. I don't understand how you guys could think that we were entertaining the possibility that god exists just by examining the bible's claims ABOUT god, and pointing out the logical contradictions that follow from the bibles claims. All way making clear time and again that we don't believe in god, we're just examining the biblical clams about god. 

 

I guess we have to break it down even further, more simple. Every time we ask a question we may need to frame it as such: 

 

I don't believe in god or the truth of the bible myself, but you profess to. So please try and answer why *insert logical contradiction here* is ok with you and doesn't throw up any red flags?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

 

So it's been too confusing for you guys to understand what we're even talking about. I've tried several times to clarify it. I don't understand how you guys could think that we were entertaining the possibility that god exists just by examining the bible's claims ABOUT god, and pointing out the logical contradictions that follow from the bibles claims. All way making clear time and again that we don't believe in god, we're just examining the biblical clams about god. 

 

I guess we have to break it down even further, more simple. Every time we ask a question we may need to frame it as such: 

 

I don't believe in god or the truth of the bible myself, but you profess to. So please try and answer why *insert logical contradiction here* is ok with you and doesn't throw up any red flags?

No it's not confusing.  I just don't understand if you totally don't believe it anymore, why bother discussing it at all.  Why dedicate so much of your life to maintaining an argument....valuable time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

Why dedicate so much of your life to maintaining an argument....valuable time.

We really dont mind taking the time.  It helps lurkers and newbies who are seeking freedom from religion.  Consider it a ministry we feel called into.  Better yet, it's all part of god's plan.  😆

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

I just don't understand if you totally don't believe it anymore, why bother discussing it at all.  Why dedicate so much of your life to maintaining an argument....valuable time.

You are at a site for Ex-Christians. You bring your Christian narrative here and make assertions. We challenge you to provide evidence. We ask how you justify inconsistencies. These exchanges are educational to those questioning their own beliefs.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

No it's not confusing.  I just don't understand if you totally don't believe it anymore, why bother discussing it at all.  Why dedicate so much of your life to maintaining an argument....valuable time.

     Skepticism?  Curiosity?  It's my (spare) time so does it really matter?

 

          mwc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

No it's not confusing.  I just don't understand if you totally don't believe it anymore, why bother discussing it at all.  Why dedicate so much of your life to maintaining an argument....valuable time.

 

Further to TRP points, we live in a society where the religious feel it is their right to foist their religious beliefs upon the rest of us. They try and pass laws based on their religion rather than reasoned debate. 

 

THAT is why we spend so much time discussing and combating religion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😡  Bitch whining about how hard it has been to be away from his children... what about the child whose innocence he stole?  If that is god's plan, then the cross was too easy a death for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God is obviously making his pastors into sex perverts for some mysterious reason that will somehow in the end glorify himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, midniterider said:

God is obviously making his pastors into sex perverts for some mysterious reason that will somehow in the end glorify himself.

 

Yes, god predestined that piece of shit, 14 year old girl molesting asshole to (1) be born into this world, (2) have the upbringing that he had, (3) go on to join the ministry and (4) USE THE MINISTRY TO GROOM YOUNG GIRLS FOR PASSING BETWEEN MINISTERS FOR THEIR SEXUAL GRADIFICATION! 

 

Praise the lord!!!!!!!

 

Eat your heart out John Calvin!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all

[ awl ]

adjective

the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration):all the cake; all the way; all year.
the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively):all students.

pronoun

the whole quantity or amount:He ate all of the peanuts. All are gone.
the whole number; every one:all of us.

 

good

[ good ]

adjective, bet·ter, best.

morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious:a good man.
satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree:a good teacher; good health.
of high quality; excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.