This popped up from someone in my Facebook feed. It's titled First Moments in Heaven.

9UqrFD5.jpg

Seriously?

• Confused 1

It'd be cool if there were a sequel painting depicting the same scene a few moments later when they all realize that grandpa, cousin Jeffy, and that nice lady from down the street whose house always smelled weirdly like ham, are all burning in eternal hellfire and brimstone.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/10/2019 at 10:01 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It'd be cool if there were a sequel painting depicting the same scene a few moments later when they all realize that grandpa, cousin Jeffy, and that nice lady from down the street whose house always smelled weirdly like ham, are all burning in eternal hellfire and brimstone.

And it would be cool to see the expression on Church of Christ members faces when they saw that Baptist, Methodists, and other denominations were there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/10/2019 at 10:13 AM, Sybaris said:

This popped up from someone in my Facebook feed. It's titled First Moments in Heaven.

9UqrFD5.jpg

Seriously?

Hmmmm.... If that's the first moment in heaven, then it shows that their primary focus is not God.

• Like 3

In heaven they maintain the 'blacks with blacks', 'whites with whites'....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lol

Yeah, this came through my timeline also and one of the first thoughts I had about this picture was, ....''Why are there gravestones in heaven?'' 🤔

And another horrible thought was that one of them, just moments before reaching heaven probably died in a horrible, painful car crash or something like suffering for years from cancer. God never seemed to be able to let  humans (that he designed) die in their sleep peacefully. Most deaths are terrible. You would think he would make an easier way to make the death transition?  Another one of his fuck -ups.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Karna said:

That was my first thought also! 

6 hours ago, Margee said:

..''Why are there gravestones in heaven?'' 

👍👍👍

HA!  I didn't notice those until your post.  Fantasies can be very interesting.

• Haha 1

And if there are kids there, that just reinforces the notion that God kills kids and therefore is a first-class schmuck.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Citsonga said:

Hmmmm.... If that's the first moment in heaven, then it shows that their primary focus is not God.

I understand that the basic message portrayed by this picture is that you get to meet your loved ones and family in heaven.

But isn't this akin to playing the emotion-card that if you follow the religion you will get to meet your family and loved ones again in after-life? It has nothing do with 'god'. It is basically hitting at the spot that will hurt the most. Isn't this akin to holding supreme your 'material' connections in this life?

• Like 2

My first thought was what about the poor loner looking at this scene? Welcome to heaven, where being left out is rubbed in your face. 

11 hours ago, Karna said:

I understand that the basic message portrayed by this picture is that you get to meet your loved ones and family in heaven.

But isn't this akin to playing the emotion-card that if you follow the religion you will get to meet your family and loved ones again in after-life? It has nothing do with 'god'. It is basically hitting at the spot that will hurt the most. Isn't this akin to holding supreme your 'material' connections in this life?

My wife lost her mom when she was 12. It had a devastating impact on her and a lot of her motivations and behaviors are traceable to that event. Every once in a while she will mention "when I see mom in heaven". It presents a rare occasion with believers where you just have to nod and smile.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is the hope kept to dull the pain of loss. You don't consider the meaning and suffering the hell doctrine would involve but purely focus on wishing to see a loved one again. You are pre-judging them as good enough to be in heaven. 

Reminds me of the Pearl Jam song (I always thought it was an original but turns out to be a cover from the 60s):

Oh, where oh where can my baby be?
The Lord took her away from me
She's gone to heaven, so I got to be good
So I can see my baby when I leave this world.

So much for Jesus' retort to the Saducees that people will neither marry nor be given in marriage, but will be like the angels. This clearly shows that the artists want familial relations to be preserved. That's a nice sentiment, but it isn't Biblical.

Now if you're Mormon...

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2019 at 10:40 PM, Karna said:

Not that I'm complaining, but notice how there are no Indians? 😂

8 hours ago, Bhim said:

Not that I'm complaining, but notice how there are no Indians? 😂

There aren't any Asians either; and if they aren't going to serve fresh spring rolls for all of eternity, how's that not going to be absolute hell?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

if they aren't going to serve fresh spring rolls for all of eternity, how's that not going to be absolute hell?

And beer. I don't see any beer in the picture.

Here's a clip from something I posted over in the humor section:

beer.png

• Haha 2