Goodbye Jesus

14 years

Wertbag

Just checked my joining date: 19 Nov 2005... I've been a member here for 14 years! 

I don't think there's any other site that I have returned to after all this time. And I can't remember how I came across it in the first place, probably an external link to the testimonials... 

Educational, amusing and a real diverse mix of folks. Thanks to everyone for making these forums such a fun and interesting place. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think it is 12 for me, this month.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I'm a little over 6 years; and 16 years from deconversion. 

• Like 1

June 24, 2009 here, so that's 10 years for me.

I had participated on the Skeptics Annotated Bible message board (with a different user name) for probably a couple years prior to that. I then took a break, fully intending to go back after a month or two, but then didn't bother.

Later I found this site and have been here ever since, though recently I haven't been posting as much as I used to.

• Like 1

I'm a young un - 3 years :D 

• Like 1

9. What I like is the intelligent discussions by knowledgable folks who excel at debate, logic and philosophy and who write well and in complete sentences. 

• Like 2

I've been here couple of years.  Hung around the ex-church of Christ site for a while, but as one person said, a lot of them had left the Church building, but not the parking lot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Wertbag, wow, you are indeed an old hand here. You inspired me to check my own join date. In about a month and a half it will have been 7 years for me. Back when you joined this site I was still a believing Christian. I deconverted in the summer of 2009, and joined this site about 3 and a half years later. I feel like it's been forever, which I consider a good thing. At this point I can scarcely remember what it was like to be a Christian. Yet I still strongly identify as an ex-Christian and detest Jesus as much as I did when I left the faith. I'm glad to have this communit of ex-Christians. We may be a philosophically diverse mix of people. Yet I feel that our common attribute of having escaped the influence of Jesus lends us a common trait that is very rare in the general population.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, Wertbag said:

Just checked my joining date: 19 Nov 2005... I've been a member here for 14 years! 

I passed 14 back in July.  I remember being a newbie.  I was in my thirties, trying to figure out what it meant to be deconverted and how to deal with life without religion.  I just turned 50 and see that everything I thought mattered never actually did.

mwc

• Like 3