Goodbye Jesus

Holiday Angst Thread

TheRedneckProfessor

20 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I still enjoy the Santa Claus stuff, like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, etc, but can do without the religious stuff.

There's a couple songs I still like, but I've never been a huge xmas music fan outside of like, billie holiday or frank sinatra. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator
On 12/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I caught her several times whispering poison into Redneck Jr.'s ear about the new Ms. Professor and Professor Jr.  Had a right royal bowdy-how over it.

So,  Redneck Jr. Will not be joining us for Christmas this year.  All of the poison that mom whispered in his ear; he went and told Ms. Ex-Neck all about it.  Now she has major "concerns" about him coming to visit with his new family.

• Sad 5

• Super Moderator

Of course, according to mom, it's all my fault for starting a new family in the first place.

• Sad 1

Hey, Prof, that sucks. I'll never understand why some people just can't set those things aside once in a while. IMHO there is little worse than turning kids against a parent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

... Yet another element in the long list of how religion fucks things up...

On 12/22/2019 at 8:01 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

So,  Redneck Jr. Will not be joining us for Christmas this year.  All of the poison that mom whispered in his ear; he went and told Ms. Ex-Neck all about it.  Now she has major "concerns" about him coming to visit with his new family.

When he's old enough he'll be able to make his own judgements and when that happens Mrs exneck will likely bear the bitter fruit of what she's currently sowing. 

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

When he's old enough he'll be able to make his own judgements and when that happens Mrs exneck will likely bear the bitter fruit of what she's currently sowing. 

We'll see.