Sign in to follow this  
knightcore

My family's old home church is eating itself alive (and updates!)

Hey all, it's been a while! A lot has changed but I'm in a much better place than I was the last time I was super active on this site. I'm much more confident in my gender and myself, have a wonderful girlfriend, and am working as a hairstylist at a successful salon in my city. 

More good news to top things off, my family has left our old abusive church. The lead pastor was reprimanded last year for twisting the word for his own messages, and this year my family finally had enough. They're at a new church, but it's still much better than where they were. I know they're at least not hearing hateful and poisonous messages every single Sunday, and that for me is good enough. That church and pastor broke my family when we came home from the mission field and my mother is only now recovering from things almost nine years later. 

I'm not going to lie, I have a lot of schadenfreude for how the church is collapsing right now. It is a cult through and through and the lead pastor is a glorified piece of shit. I wanted to share because sometimes it's nice to hear about leaders getting their comeuppance. 

• Like 3

It *is* nice when cults finally fail. Good to hear that one is dissolving. Hopefully he won't be able to keep his adherents for a spin-off. 

Even in typical Nazarene churches, I saw pastors get too full of themselves and hurt people in the name of god. Here's to more of them dissolving!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fuego said:

It *is* nice when cults finally fail. Good to hear that one is dissolving. Hopefully he won't be able to keep his adherents for a spin-off. 

Even in typical Nazarene churches, I saw pastors get too full of themselves and hurt people in the name of god. Here's to more of them dissolving!

Ironically, the church plants that have come from it completely shun him at this point. So hopefully he won't be able to bounce back. But they've also lost two of the four main elders at the church too so I don't see that happening.

The mills of the gods grind slowly, but, exceedingly fine