Goodbye Jesus

Secular Christmas

Ro-bear

17 hours ago, older said:

Yes to that! Wifey insists we send out a bunch of them and she's computer illiterate so I am the one who gets stuck making them and running the addresses. But the main thing is she insists on sending cards to people because they sent one last year. But we never see these people. My theory is that they send us a card because we sent them one the year before, and we send them one because they sent us one. What a fucking vicious cycle! I can't get her to stop. And, of course, she writes up another of the horrible, cliche letters we all get about all the things we've done and people we've seen so all the folks who don't give a shit, which is most of them, can open the envelope, toss the letter, take a glance at the cliche family group photo as they bin it and mark us down to get another card next year. AARRRGGGGGHHHHH!

cpnst191216.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Citsonga: THANKS! I'm emailing it to Wifey right now! Let's wait and see what she says. (She's in the living room reading a book....)

"Oh, that's funny, honey."

So I guess we'll keep sending cards.

• Haha 1

Screenshot_2018-04-08-00-38-52-1.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Citsonga said:

Screenshot_2018-04-08-00-38-52-1.png

Morons to the right of me, assholes to the left of me...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TABA said:

Morons to the right of me, assholes to the left of me...

True that. Morons likethe one in that article need an iron pipe up the arse.

So does the Christian who wrote into the local paper asking how people who don't believe in God can celebrate Christmas.

I'm like, lady, we who don't believe in God are not celebrating the birth of Christ. We are simply using a traditional time to get together with friends and family. The irony of them not realizing the pagan origins of Christmas is astounding. 

8 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

True that. Morons likethe one in that article need an iron pipe up the arse.

... and the iron pipe should be extracted and re-used on the person who reported the lady (in my ‘assholes’ link) to HR for wishing people a Merry Christmas. 

6 hours ago, TABA said:

... and the iron pipe should be extracted and re-used on the person who reported the lady (in my ‘assholes’ link) to HR for wishing people a Merry Christmas. 

That's what I meant. Which means we've used the same pipe twice for the same person. 🤣

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

That's what I meant. Which means we've used the same pipe twice for the same person. 🤣

I hope y'all are sterilizing said instrument between anal probings.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:52 AM, Orbit said:

We have a tree, give presents, and cook good food. To me, it's a folk holiday based on winter solstice, and it's really easy to leave the religious stuff out of it.

I agree. I don't put up the tree and decorations because then I don't have to take them down, which pleases me greatly. However I consider it just a cultural holiday with different meanings to different people. Good food, parties, music and a chance to delete my checking account (because of grand-kids etc). Pretty hard to totally ignore

• Like 2

Here ya go, boys and girls. Gaze upon them and weep. Mrs. Older's legendary pies, two lemon merengue and one pumpkin. And, unlike the pumpkin from Thanksgiving that was stolen by the dog, these are in a no-pets house and will be safe until devoured by the 12 people who will be here for one of Mrs. Older's legendary turkeys later today.

pies2.jpg

• Like 2

Looks yummy!  Merry Christmas and bon appetit to you and all the Olders!

• Like 1

I had to cheato the keto. Now I'm back on the wagon.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 8:45 AM, Jagdish said:

I agree. I don't put up the tree and decorations because then I don't have to take them down, which pleases me greatly. However I consider it just a cultural holiday with different meanings to different people. Good food, parties, music and a chance to delete my checking account (because of grand-kids etc). Pretty hard to totally ignore

Same here! Had a good time with some family and friends, that's all. I've never bothered with decorating. Too much trouble!

I enjoyed sleeping in and not having to go to work. nice, relaxing time!

• Like 1

We took down the mantel stuff because we had a big rainstorm and the roof leaks there.  The tree stays up until we take the family Christmas photo, which usually happens by mid-January.  Then we have to box up the ornaments.  Then I take the tree to my friend's yard where it will be eaten by goats.  Traditions are a burden, but if it makes my family happy I can do it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ro-bear said:

if it makes my family happy I can do it.

Yup.

• Thanks 1