Goodbye Jesus

Happy Solstice! Let’s Talk About How Christmas Is Pagan.

Citsonga

Back in the christian days I used to propose having christmas without the tree or santa claus, just the nativity, stars, angels, shepherds, wise men, etc.  No one ever had the least interest; I think they thought I was weird.  One person even got a little nasty; “so are you against sled riding too?”  Now I am more syncretistic; I love the solstice, and traditional christmas music is part of it.  Bring on that tree, holly, and mistletoe; and if someone wants to throw in some peace on earth, good will to men, that’s fine too.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TEG said:

Now I am more syncretistic; I love the solstice, and traditional christmas music is part of it.  Bring on that tree, holly, and mistletoe; and if someone wants to throw in some peace on earth, good will to men, that’s fine too.

Yeah. I won't be going to the midnight service, or any other. And most of the contemporary music is nauseating, but some of the classical music is good. Sharing the traditions with family is important, and watching the kids is loads of fun. 

Hope you all have a good holiday, however you spend it.

• Like 4

I'm glad the days will start getting more sun!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

I'm glad the days will start getting more sun!

Isn’t that worth a celebration?  🎆

• Like 2

For some reason I am able to block it all out. When they say grace before eating, I sit with bowed head but open eyes so I can say who isn't paying attention LOL. If the subject ever comes up I simply state that I am of the Hindu faith. That shuts them up because most Christians know so little about Hinduism that they have no pre-rehearsed automatic rebuke.

I do like Christmas music though and the memories it evokes. Then there is the food. great food around Christmas time.

• Like 3