Sign in to follow this  
Sybaris

Holy Water Dumped on Town

(CNN) - An entire town in Louisiana got a Christmas blessing thanks to holy water and an airplane.
Cow Island and the neighboring farms got a dusting of 100 gallons of holy water just before Christmas, the Diocese of Lafayette announced Sunday.

..... and in the neighboring town of Rationality all citizens bowed their heads for a massive face palm.

• Haha 3

Linky: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/24/us/holy-water-crop-duster-cow-island-trnd/index.html

As silly as that is, this is what stood out to me:

a missionary currently stationed in Ohio

Why in the world would Ohio need Christian missionaries? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 10:18 AM, Citsonga said:

Linky: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/24/us/holy-water-crop-duster-cow-island-trnd/index.html

As silly as that is, this is what stood out to me:

Why in the world would Ohio need Christian missionaries? 

HA!  Because the ones that are there are not the true version of Christianity.   That's why the Church of Christ used to send missionaries to places where there was no CofC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look on the bright side.  They are helping the economy by supporting pilots, and the manufacturers of Holy water, airplanes, and aviation fuel. 

And the evaporation of the water will contribute to the next rain??  HA!  See how much they are contributing to life!

• Haha 2

Just how ironic would it have been if all that "holy" water had iced the roads, leading to traffic deaths?

• Sad 1

I hope no Protestants were injured!

mwc

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Weezer said:

Look on the bright side.  They are helping the economy by supporting pilots, and the manufacturers of Holy water, airplanes, and aviation fuel. 

Damn! Weezer, you are a genius! A business opportunity! Internet sales! Unlimited income!

GENUINE HOLY WATER. Pints, quarts, gallons, delivered to your door! Filtered through prayer cloths for absolute purity. Special blessings available, see the fee schedule. Bulk orders welcome.

ORDER NOW! Supplies are limited. We accept PayPal and major credit cards.

Uh... oh wait. I just checked Ebay. Lots of folks beat us to it.

Next idea.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2019 at 8:36 PM, older said:

Damn! Weezer, you are a genius! A business opportunity! Internet sales! Unlimited income!

GENUINE HOLY WATER. Pints, quarts, gallons, delivered to your door! Filtered through prayer cloths for absolute purity. Special blessings available, see the fee schedule. Bulk orders welcome.

ORDER NOW! Supplies are limited. We accept PayPal and major credit cards.

Uh... oh wait. I just checked Ebay. Lots of folks beat us to it.

Next idea.

Hey, waitaminnit!  Just how was this so-called "Holy Water" produced, exactly? I don't want no goddammed worthless  Catholic H2O!  I want water blessed by a true Christian! You know, by a bona fide Church o' Christ minister. The only true church! Accept no unholy substitutes! 

• Haha 2