Goodbye Jesus

Long-Time Member, But Away for Awhile

Overcame Faith

On 1/18/2020 at 4:51 AM, Overcame Faith said:

I am so glad to see that ExC is still here engaging in its very important mission.  I see a lot of familiar names and a good number of new members.  I am glad.

I first came here in 2009 and received an incredible amount of help in my deconversion (is that term still used here?).  I found this place to be a very welcoming community and I am sure it still is.  Untold thousands have been helped by webmdave’s website/forums, assisted by the capable moderators and caring members.

<Snipped>

@Overcame Faith There's a member that I've not seen in a while! It's good to hear from you and that you are doing well. I also came along in 2009, but you were quite a bit further along than I was. There's been a lot of water go under the bridge. I had tried to keep going to church with my then wife just to keep things at an equilibrium, but I couldn't handle it. While our marriage had really been over with for years, she and I broke up in 2014 after 22 years of marriage. Later, I started long distance dating @ilovemybrain and we got married in 2016. We are doing well. We're both thankful that we had an opportunity to reset and restart our lives. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and saying Hi.

• Like 1

And I also remember you @Overcame Faith! Glad to hear from you! Thank you for the friendship and encouragement when I needed it! I and @Eugene39 are happy as heck and so thankful for this site. 3 of my 4 kids are grown and 1 has thought his way out of fundamentalism, so that makes me happy too. We happened upon another “Ex-c” (from this site) in our town who is semi-famous now for an ex-c book she wrote and we were privileged to celebrate our wedding at her beautiful home, and are very thankful to know her.

My kids love my husband and love seeing us happy.  We have had much fallout in our families (specifically parents) but it has always been worth it, to just be our whole selves. Even my fundy parents have gotten over their “horror” and begun to accept us a bit, and I think my mom really loves “Eugene39” because no one can deny he’s just one of the best, kindest, most genuine human beings ever. 

I’m still so very, VERY thankful for this site and everyone on it, for helping me see I’m not the “crazy” one. For listening to me through the first couple years of anger and rebellion and confusion. Please hang in there; all the rest of you. It gets better. 

• Like 4