Goodbye Jesus

Just de-converted and it feels so wonderful!

Aqualung

• Super Moderator

Welcome, Tim.  I'm happy to have you and look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Welcome Tim! So glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing your story! 

Welcome.  Glad you're here.  It is amazing how light you feel when you finally put down those beliefs.

3 hours ago, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

Hello everyone my name is Tim, I just deconverted this week and I feel so much better.

I had some serious doubts about christianity all my life, And when I found this website and read a few testomonials it gave me the strength to finnaly break free from that evil cult. 

I feel so grateful for the support and I am looking forward to meeting all of you and posting my own story soon.

Wow, just like that. Deconverted. It was the same with me. I just stopped believing it. The belief was gone. I wondered if I was right or wrong at times over the years. But the belief never returned due to the questioning. The more I learned, the less I questioned it. 30 years later, I hardly question it at all. If it were philosophically correct to call it 100% impossible, I would. But I can't. So I have to stick with 99.999.........

Welcome aboard the S.S. Ex-C!!!

• Like 1

Aya sounds a little scary to me but the deconversion is perfectly safe and absolutely reasonable. Good choice. Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

It should be noted, per your screen name, that the Phoenix rises from the ashes.  Life begins anew.  Enjoy the journey.

Welcome and congratulations. On occasion one may find themselves reverting back to the old ways, esp during times of high stress. Just keep reminding yourself that was then and this is now, now is better.

Add my welcome too.

In my extimony I describe my experience as 'Surprised by joy' - a nod to C S Lewsi and a dig at my old, long gone fundamentalism.

I've never looked back although I retain an academic interest. However, I do find it irksome that Christians do not question my journey - after 60 years, including some as a minister, you'd think they would be interested but apparently not (and I'm not an ogre trying to spread my non-theism 😛). We had a minister for a meal this week - he is new to my partner's church - we chatted over many things but not a mention of my journey, though he knows I am an ex-christian and ex-minister of his church.

Keep asking questions. And lots of the awkward questions are answered on this excellent Forum.

Welcome!  Glad you made it out of the cult.

Welcome! 

A word of advice: if you haven't already, read up on the intellectual arguments against Christianity (reading other people's extimonies won't be enough - you need to familiarize yourself with what apologists might throw at you to make you doubt). 

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone, It's good to meet some REAL,people, Not those phony asshole hypocrites in church.

Drinking Ayahuasca definatley helped set me on this path, If anyone is interested in learning about it I would be glad to share.

I do indeed feel like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, I can be whoeve,r I want to be now.

Instead of going to church on sunday mornings, I can do something much more useful and productive, Like....Mastubate!

I was never a big believer to begin with, It was just something my parents forced on me as a kid.

I would have gotten out long ago, But the fear of hell kept me locked in, Now I don't give two shits.

Just be sure to put a shotgun and a chainsaw in my casket with me so I can kick some demon ass :P  [Doom reference i'm making here]

I've been listening to my two favorite bands alot lately, Black Sabbath and Jethro Tull which just happen to be some of the most anti church bands in history, and It's really helping me stay positive. :) 

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 2

I am interested in hearing about your ayahuasca journey.

• Like 1

One of my biggest frustrations was always the issues that Christianity had with sex.  Masturbation (or maybe sexy times with someone else) sounds much better than church to me.

I think there is a story of mine about how masturbation and the church's message was one of the first real failure points in my beliefs.  When forced to accept what they said was true, and deny what my experience told me, I just could not deny my experience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fallenleaf said:

the issues that Christianity had with sex

They are absolutely negatively obsessed with it, aren't they? Terrified. How could something that feels so good and is so much fun be bad? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, DanForsman said:

Aya sounds a little scary to me but the deconversion is perfectly safe and absolutely reasonable. Good choice. Congratulations!

WELCOME!  Best wishes! 

But I also would be very careful about using any Mind altering substances.  Life is about more than instant gratification.  Don't let the aya, or whatever, become your new religion.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Sex is a lot better without jesus turning it into a really creepy 3-way.

• Haha 1

Wild trips, eh? 

On 1/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, nontheistpilgrim said:

Christians do not question my journey - after 60 years, including some as a minister, you'd think they would be interested but apparently not 

I also have had that experience.  After a life time of church involvement, in the 28 years since I left, I have had 2 people ask me why.  And when I gave them a very brief answer, it was obvious they didn't really want to hear it.  But I think some at church were glad I left.  I had been asking questions they were very uncomfortable with.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, Karna said:

I am interested in hearing about your ayahuasca journey.

I would also love to hear about this journey if you would share? 

2 hours ago, Margee said:

I would also love to hear about this journey if you would share? 

Yes I will definatley share, Although I'm not quite sure how to do it without getting too preachy about it.

Most Xtians don't like it because they think it's black magic.

And most Atheists probably won't like all of the spiritual aspects. 

Plus it can be quite difficult to explain what an Aya journey is really like to somone who has never drank.

But i'll try my best. I'll post a full topic about it tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

Yes I will definatley share, Although I'm not quite sure how to do it without getting too preachy about it.

Most Xtians don't like it because they think it's black magic.

And most Atheists probably won't like all of the spiritual aspects. 

Plus it can be quite difficult to explain what an Aya journey is really like to somone who has never drank.

But i'll try my best. I'll post a full topic about it tomorrow.

@AyahuascaPhoenix, Why don't we put this type of topic in  ''Ex-Christian Spirituality''? I'll have to link you into it. This way you can share your experience with us safely because the members who go into this section are normally 'open' to wanting to discuss  all other forms of spirituality or experiences of ex-christians. These are the rules for posting in this section below. Let me know and I'll make you a 'member' of this section. And thank you if you decide to share some of this story. I for one would love to hear it.

Anyone who wishes to join the discussions in this section, please note the below.

Thanks, Margee

Ex-Christian Spirituality Posting Rules

This area is for those who have left Christianity for some other form of theism or spirituality.

Please adhere to the foundational purpose of this site while visiting this section: namely, to encourage ex-Christians.

Although Ex-Christian.net has no particular quarrel with deists, pagans, Buddhists, and other forms of non-evangelical spiritual thinkers, at times discussions in other sections of this site do have a tendency to create the impression that "ex-Christian" automatically means "atheist." The reality is, ex-Christian only means ex-Christian. Nothing else is implied by the term.

Please note members: In this one area of Ex-Christian.net, each individual who has adopted an alternative spiritual expression should feel encouraged to freely express any experiences, thoughts, or opinions without fear of being brow beaten, harshly criticized, or condemned.

Failure to adhere to these simple rules with common courtesy may result in revocation of posting permission in this section.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 1:46 PM, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

Hello everyone my name is Tim, I just deconverted this week and I feel so much better.

I had some serious doubts about christianity all my life, And when I found this website and read a few testomonials it gave me the strength to finnaly break free from that evil cult. 

I feel so grateful for the support and I am looking forward to meeting all of you and posting my own story soon.

Hi Tim

Welcome to Ex-C. It is a great relief when one finally lets go of false belief's, even if it does bring pain due to the changes and challenge's faced.

Hope to see you around and get to know you better.

Cheers

LF

11 hours ago, Margee said:

@AyahuascaPhoenix, Why don't we put this type of topic in  ''Ex-Christian Spirituality''? I'll have to link you into it. This way you can share your experience with us safely because the members who go into this section are normally 'open' to wanting to discuss  all other forms of spirituality or experiences of ex-christians. These are the rules for posting in this section below. Let me know and I'll make you a 'member' of this section. And thank you if you decide to share some of this story. I for one would love to hear it.

Anyone who wishes to join the discussions in this section, please note the below.

Thanks, Margee

Ex-Christian Spirituality Posting Rules

This area is for those who have left Christianity for some other form of theism or spirituality.

Please adhere to the foundational purpose of this site while visiting this section: namely, to encourage ex-Christians.

Although Ex-Christian.net has no particular quarrel with deists, pagans, Buddhists, and other forms of non-evangelical spiritual thinkers, at times discussions in other sections of this site do have a tendency to create the impression that "ex-Christian" automatically means "atheist." The reality is, ex-Christian only means ex-Christian. Nothing else is implied by the term.

Please note members: In this one area of Ex-Christian.net, each individual who has adopted an alternative spiritual expression should feel encouraged to freely express any experiences, thoughts, or opinions without fear of being brow beaten, harshly criticized, or condemned.

Failure to adhere to these simple rules with common courtesy may result in revocation of posting permission in this section.

That's an excellent Idea. Thanks I'll post it there.

• Like 1