Goodbye Jesus

Winter 2020 Update - Losing Purpose after Deconversion: How I Responded and My Plan 15 years later!

webmdave

• Admin

Episodes will be out intermittently for the coming weeks and months (I'm still aiming for bi-weekly).

That was all I was trying to say and ended up talking about the impact deconversion had on my sense of purpose and fulfillment in life, LOL.

If all you need to know is to check your podcast app every once in a while, then it's all good and I'll talk to you soon :)

However, if you're interested in hearing about one of the most significant impacts deconversion had in my life (something that's impacted many of you too), then I'd feel grateful for your time and appreciate you letting me share my experience with you. 

I share how realizing I wasn't Christian, put me in a tailspin and led to serious depression and loss of meaning and purpose in my life. I'm still feeling the repercussions of deconversion 15 years later.

Let me emphasize that I'm incredibly hopeful, motivated and excited for this next chapter of my life! 

I didn't thank Krissy enough in this episode, so I'll do it here. She's been with me and seen me through this entire insane journey. She is one of the most empathetic and compassionate people I've ever known. She has been so understanding and sympathetic in every way. Her love and friendship have truly meant the world to me. 

Let me know if you've experienced something similar in your life and how you responded. I'd love to hear it!

Send me a message on Twitter @vodpodcast, Facebook or steve@vodpodcast.com

View the full article

4 hours ago, webmdave said:

Episodes will be out intermittently for the coming weeks and months (I'm still aiming for bi-weekly).

That was all I was trying to say and ended up talking about the impact deconversion had on my sense of purpose and fulfillment in life, LOL.

If all you need to know is to check your podcast app every once in a while, then it's all good and I'll talk to you soon :)

However, if you're interested in hearing about one of the most significant impacts deconversion had in my life (something that's impacted many of you too), then I'd feel grateful for your time and appreciate you letting me share my experience with you. 

I share how realizing I wasn't Christian, put me in a tailspin and led to serious depression and loss of meaning and purpose in my life. I'm still feeling the repercussions of deconversion 15 years later.

Let me emphasize that I'm incredibly hopeful, motivated and excited for this next chapter of my life! 

I didn't thank Krissy enough in this episode, so I'll do it here. She's been with me and seen me through this entire insane journey. She is one of the most empathetic and compassionate people I've ever known. She has been so understanding and sympathetic in every way. Her love and friendship have truly meant the world to me. 

Let me know if you've experienced something similar in your life and how you responded. I'd love to hear it!

Send me a message on Twitter @vodpodcast, Facebook or steve@vodpodcast.com

View the full article

Excellent Dave. Thanks. Not everyone who deconverts from religion has an easy time. Putting one's life back together can be like  ''unwiring'' your whole damn brain to a new mindset and this can take years for some people. I'm going to follow his updates..

• Like 1

Yeah, the purpose thing is what I'm struggling with must ATM. I keep finding things about myself that I realise were heavily influenced by religion so its like the deconversion isn't fully over... if that makes sense. I guess it will actually be impossible to end up in a state as if I'd never had religion influence my life. All one can do is work to mitigate the effects of it over the long term.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.