Guest dozer

Just now, dozer said:

prayers

fairies

4 minutes ago, fallenleaf said:

fairies

Are we playing one word game now? I'll play:

Fantasy:

In all seriousness I'm not sure where to go from here. @dozer seems intent on attempting to psychoanalyse us while at the same time completing ignoring the issues raised, and responding with short meaningless posts.

I thought I'd raised some serious basic questions about epistemology but instead we are meet with insincere tripe about being lost and anxious.

@dozer I'll ask you a question which you should be able to answer, and in fact the bible exhorts you to do. (Be ready to give reasons for the faith you have) So with that in mind:

Why should we believe in your God?

• Like 1

Yep, seems like he's unable to actually have a conversation and is just resorting to shorter and shorter (and more meaningless) responses.  I can play that game with the best of them.

4 minutes ago, fallenleaf said:

Yep, seems like he's unable to actually have a conversation and is just resorting to shorter and shorter (and more meaningless) responses.  I can play that game with the best of them.

playing games sir?

you can resort to that if you want. I can stay high and you can go low.

I already had bet good money on the fact that you were high.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Are we playing one word game now? I'll play:

Fantasy:

In all seriousness I'm not sure where to go from here. @dozer seems intent on attempting to psychoanalyse us while at the same time completing ignoring the issues raised, and responding with short meaningless posts.

I thought I'd raised some serious basic questions about epistemology but instead we are meet with insincere tripe about being lost and anxious.

@dozer I'll ask you a question which you should be able to answer, and in fact the bible exhorts you to do. (Be ready to give reasons for the faith you have) So with that in mind:

ok i will let Mr Know it all call the shots. You're too smart for me Lodge. 

1 minute ago, dozer said:

shouldnt you swim in the shallow end?

Usually a witty retort is both witty and relevant to what was just said.  Maybe they do it differently in Oz.  Nah, most Australians that I know are smart, witty, and have a fucking awesome sense of humor.

5 minutes ago, fallenleaf said:

Usually a witty retort is both witty and relevant to what was just said.  Maybe they do it differently in Oz.  Nah, most Australians that I know are smart, witty, and have a fucking awesome sense of humor.

thanks. and i hope you are getting help with that  anger ..there are better options than venting on internet forums

I'm guessing you don't work directly with people, do you?  Because you are terrible at reading the tone of a conversation.  You sense anger, anxiety, and fear.  But, maybe that is you sensing your own emotions.  I am giggling like a school girl.  I am having a great time with you.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, dozer said:

If the idea is to shift my pov from Christian to non Christian , some need to work on their skills of persuasion. sorry gotta go

Honestly, why did you come here?  Didn't you expect to hear the other side of the coin here?  Believe me, we have heard all your arguments.  Many of us have spent a lifetime studying religion and searching for truth.

8 hours ago, dozer said:

Dostoyevsky said that if God doesn't exist, we can do anything. there is no judgement day, therefore anything is permissible. That sounds too chaotic to me. Unbelief and atheism sounds like chaos to me. I don't like chaos.

The doctrine of original sin is a self fulfilling prophecy.   If you believe you are wicked, then you likely will be.  That is what religious policemen, who offer to sell you salvation, want you to believe so you will buy their product.

A humanitarian approach telling you are a valuable part of a whole, have the ability to think rationally, and it is up to you to do what you can to keep things running smoothly, gives you a whole different view of life.   You say you are into psychology.   Are you familiar with Kohlbergs  levels of moral development?  Dostoyevsky's idea is that of a toddler doing anything he can get away with.  Hopefully you and I and most of the world have grown to a more mature level.  You might find that theory interesting.  There is a section in my Testimonial that talks about it.  There is also a large section on the role of the Catholic church in religion. Best wishes!

Well he didn't come here to proselytize nor to debate...I see how that worked out.

:)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Honestly, why did you come here?  Didn't you expect to hear the other side of the coin here?  Believe me, we have heard all your arguments.  Many of us have spent a lifetime studying religion and searching for truth.

The doctrine of original sin is a self fulfilling prophecy.   If you believe you are wicked, then you likely will be.  That is what religious policemen, who offer to sell you salvation, want you to believe so you will buy their product.

A humanitarian approach telling you are a valuable part of a whole, have the ability to think rationally, and it is up to you to do what you can to keep things running smoothly, gives you a whole different view of life.   You say you are into psychology.   Are you familiar with Kohlbergs  levels of moral development?  Dostoyevsky's idea is that of a toddler doing anything he can get away with.  Hopefully you and I and most of the world have grown to a more mature level.  You might find that theory interesting.  There is a section in my Testimonial that talks about it.  There is also a large section on the role of the Catholic church in religion. Best wishes!

ok someone with some knowledge of psychology. nice post though i dont quite get your dismissal of  original sin .

and i suspect you dont understand Dostoyevsky's point.

10 minutes ago, fallenleaf said:

I'm guessing you don't work directly with people, do you?  Because you are terrible at reading the tone of a conversation.  You sense anger, anxiety, and fear.  But, maybe that is you sensing your own emotions.  I am giggling like a school girl.  I am having a great time with you.

now why would i not be convinced by your assertions? 

26 minutes ago, dozer said:

ok i will let Mr Know it all call the shots. You're too smart for me Lodge. 

So you are you able to answer my question?

Just now, LogicalFallacy said:

My God has a much better sense of humour. He thinks know it all atheists are just as messed up as know it all Christians.

Just now, dozer said:

My God has a much better sense of humour. He thinks know it all atheists are just as messed up as know it all Christians.

Why do you have to speak for your God?

Or "Why ARE you speaking for your God?" Is he mute?

Just now, midniterider said:

Or "Why ARE you speaking for your God?" Is he mute?

oh that kind of joke is funny here. cant wait to read the humour section.

Why should we believe in your god?  It's a valid question, but you have no valid answers.

1 minute ago, dozer said:

oh that kind of joke is funny here. cant wait to read the humour section.

Deflect.

Redirect.

Change the subject.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dozer said:

2 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

and yours is humourless.

13 minutes ago, fallenleaf said:

Why should we believe in your god?  It's a valid question, but you have no valid answers.

Looking for more valid ation?