Goodbye Jesus

Women Are Inferior To Men?

Guest freedwoman

Guest freedwoman
12 hours ago, Weezer said:

I grew up in a church where women were supposed to be in subjection to men, but I saw throught that fallacy early on.  My dad was an elder, but only had 8th grade education.  Mom had a college degree.  And there were other couples with similar situations.  The women were good Christian women and went along with the facade, and kept quiet.  I noticed a couple of times that dad had consulted with mom when he needed to make a decision about church affairs.  Talking with my mom once when I was a teenager I commented about dad consulting with her on decisions.  She winked at me, smiled, and said,  "men are the heads of the family, and church, but sometimes the women are the necks that turn their heads".   There were several women in our church (and family) who did that-----Thank goodness!!  I am so glad we had some strong, more rational thinking females who didn't bow down to the men. 

Once my dad and mom were arguing and dad got really mad.  I thought he was going to hit her.  She got right up in his face and told him she would immediately call the police if he hit her.  He backed off.

I had not thought about this in years, and as I tell this story I got tears in my eyes.  I am so glad that  I had more than one example of family members standing up to irrational authority figures, especially a couple of religious ones.

Edit 

More and more I realize how I, in a sense, got permission early on to question authority.

Some idiots even say that even if the wife would make a better leader she'd still have to submit to her husband!!! 😠🙄

Guest freedwoman
8 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

Depends where you quote scripture.  

And it depends on what inferior means. Lower in some hierarchy? We are all inferior to someone . Even men to plants and animals.

What they mean by inferior is less valuable, important, needed, and worthy of rights. Most men think women only exist to serve and please men. To bear his children. One man even said that girlfriends and wives are good to take all his anger and frustration out on after a bad day at work! Another man said women's only purpose is to lie back and give birth to a future man! If my mom had her way she'd put me with an abusive white Christian man! No joke. She really would if she could! 😠😰 It's only been 100 years since women got the right to vote! 🙄🤮

15 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Just to clarify. I do NOT think women are inferior to men. I only put that because the Bible says it. Not me. Women are equal and even better than men at some things. Some women are breaking world records set by men. Men are better than women at things too. We equal each other out. No superior or inferior biological sex. 

✌️🤝🤗

Just to clarify - I was just trying to make you smile. You seemed a little down.

The only thing inferior here is my sense of humor. :unsure:

12 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Most men think women only exist to serve and please men.

We're still taking about men in the bible, right?

15 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Men are better than women at things too. We equal each other out. No superior or inferior biological sex.

With the exception of coding.

My personal experience in my field is that women have a tendency to make better coders (better as it relates to fewer boo boos) as they have a tendency to be more meticulous.

Guest freedwoman
23 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Just to clarify - I was just trying to make you smile. You seemed a little down.

The only thing inferior here is my sense of humor. :unsure:

🤗🤗

Guest freedwoman
15 minutes ago, MOHO said:

With the exception of coding.

My personal experience in my field is that women have a tendency to make better coders (better as it relates to fewer boo boos) as they have a tendency to be more meticulous.

👍 

6 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I'm done trying to uplift and be friends with other women. 

I'm done here. 🙄

You must have had some REALLY bad experiences.  With women, and men.  But don't give up.  There are some good ones around.  Are you so scared of relationships that you perhaps unconsciously expect rejection, and look for reasons to create distance?   With really serious hurts that can happen, and  if so, that is okay.  It can get better with time and effort.  Don't go away!

Guest freedwoman
On 3/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, Weezer said:

You must have had some REALLY bad experiences.  With women, and men.  But don't give up.  There are some good ones around.  Are you so scared of relationships that you perhaps unconsciously expect rejection, and look for reasons to create distance?   With really serious hurts that can happen, and  if so, that is okay.  It can get better with time and effort.  Don't go away!

I did become friends with women after good clean fist fights though. 

20 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I did become friends with women after good clean fist fights though. 

👍👍

Guest freedwoman
On 3/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, Weezer said:

I'm not afraid of rejection.

Guest freedwoman
5 minutes ago, Weezer said:

👍👍

We earned each other's respect afterwards. Real women say it to your face. Not talk about you behind your back. Real women are assertive or aggressive. Not passive aggressive. Real women punch it out if needed. Then we can respect each other as friends for having the ovaries to confront each other physically. 

Guest freedwoman

Well I would be afraid if the woman was Becca Swanson or PFC Jennifer Jones. Bad ass strong women who beat even full grown men and toss them around like rag dolls. But it's mostly respect I have for those women. There was also a video where this brave beautiful mother saving her children from a burning building. She could have died trying to save them. That is the most real woman you can get. Then you have women who kill their own babies. Plus I saw on the news where even a man left his two year old child in a burning house to save himself. Not all men deserve respect. But not all women deserve dis respect. You're right I shouldn't give up. There are some really good women out there. 😊

Guest freedwoman
21 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

There are some really good women out there. 😊

And some really bad men. 🤮 It just depends on the person.

6 hours ago, freedwoman said:

It just depends on the person.

How true. Many years ago someone once said to me, “No matter how nice you are, there will always be people who don’t like you.” If we give this some thought and extend it on, I think all of us might agree that there are very few people whom we can trust to be let into the core our souls. Of course, there are those we don’t want to be around. And there are those we tolerate, and those who are just OK. But I think that, in a lifetime, the number of people who can be allowed into our inner selves is more often than not only one or two. Sometimes that person becomes our life’s mate, but even that is not guaranteed. To get there, one must slow down and let go. The good people are there and they will become apparent to those who are ready to receive them.

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, freedwoman said:

How many of my dear sisters developed strong feelings of inferiority under men after reading the Bible? Scripture such as Numbers 31. God cares more about what a man says over a woman's vow to him. But men must keep their vows even if it means sacraficing their own daughters to God. Judges 11. Numbers 5. But women couldn't test their husbands for adultery. We are to be silent and submissive. 1 Corinthians 14:34-36.  Man is our head. We were made for him. We express his glory. 1 Corinthians 11. We must submit to our husbands in EVERYTHING. Even non Christian husbands. We have no say so, we can't run our own lives or make desicions. Ephesians 5. Genesis 3 Our husband's will RULE OVER US.   I can go on and on and on. But I'll stop here. It is a horrible feeling to feel this way. But I still do even though I'm not a Christian anymore. 

This stuff is why I am a witch now. My Goddess is more eagleitarian than the KJV Bible's God. 

• Thanks 2

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, LeiaBryant said:

This stuff is why I am a witch now. My Goddess is more eagleitarian than the KJV Bible's God. 

I don't like goddesses either. Just as much as I don't like gods. 🤮

Guest freedwoman
Just now, freedwoman said:

I don't like goddesses either. Just as much as I don't like gods. 🤮

They're all evil. 😲

On 2/27/2020 at 10:19 PM, Joshpantera said:

Bronze age writings, describe bronze age mentality in the near east. None of this should be taken seriously. Just let go and moved on from.

What is the cut off between bronze age and iron age?

Personally I never felt “less than” as a woman, but I was confused by all the hypocrisy in the church. One church was perfectly ok with women as CEO’s, but when it came to church the only thing women were allowed to do was clean. No voice, no vote, no teaching roles outside of teaching young children. 

My last church was very shaming towards women who worked outside the home. Publicly (women’s bible study) the women taught that women should submit in all things, even if the husband demands the woman stay up til midnight to make sure the house is clean (real example the pastor’s wife used). In reality those same women were super manipulative towards their husbands in order to get their way and encouraged others to be deceptive to get their way. 

I agree with you, @freedwoman, that being direct & honest would have been the ethical way of handling it. All the women were doing was proving to me how unliveable complementarianism is.

My last church was going through the horrible “let’s be subservient for Jesus” book The Excellent Wife. I’m 40 (soon) and happily single (never married). I was at lunch with one of the women’s leaders towards the end of my time at that church. She knew I had some concerns about the book so we were there to discuss them. At one point I held up the book and asked, “If this is what marriage is supposed to look like, why would I get married?” The only thing she could reply was “it’s biblical.” (I wanted to respond “by what standard?” but we all know how that would’ve gone)

On a side note I now despise anything that contains the word “biblical” because all it is is a way of controlling others and completely minimizing any struggles that are. “God told me...” also makes me ragey. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Super Moderator

96800610_3239152716108600_621141597731422208_n.jpg

• Haha 1