Goodbye Jesus

PLEASE NEVER LET HIM IN

Guest freedwoman

Guest freedwoman

To all those considering letting Jesus Christ into your heart, please never let him in. The moment you do you are his. He marks you as his territory.  Sure he seems sweet, nurturing, strong, and protective. But it's all a lie. After you accept him he becomes abusive, oppressive, and manipulative. You will suffer. You will never be the same. Your life will be no longer yours but his. Him and his Father have you clutched in their death grip. 

To every former Christian, please keep up the good fight. Fight against Christianity. Your life is your own. Never look back. 

👊👊👊

Guest freedwoman
Just now, freedwoman said:

To all those considering letting Jesus Christ into your heart, please never let him in. The moment you do you are his. He marks you as his territory.  Sure he seems sweet, nurturing, strong, and protective. But it's all a lie. After you accept him he becomes abusive, oppressive, and manipulative. You will suffer. You will never be the same. Your life will be no longer yours but his. Him and his Father have you clutched in their death grip. 

To every former Christian, please keep up the good fight. Fight against Christianity. Your life is your own. Never look back. 

👊👊👊

Please believe me. Please trust me on this. I used to be a fundamental Christian so I know from experience. Please never let him in. You are doomed if you do.

30 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Please believe me. Please trust me on this. I used to be a fundamental Christian so I know from experience. Please never let him in. You are doomed if you do.

It gets better, @freedwoman.

There are those of us who, although show some scars, are leading happy lives away from the indoctrination. Some are atheists, some are Buddhists, Some feel a spiritual connection w/out a specific organized religion. Let's not discourage any recent deconverts. :Look:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, freedwoman said:

👊👊👊

True words. Jesus Christ presents an attractive philosophy and a cohesive worldview. As someone who contemplates philosophy on a regular basis, I admit that the temptation to return to Jesus arises from time to time, and I must remind myself that I have attempted his gospel, and found it to be not only wanting, but also evil, insidious, and reprehensible. As MOHO correctly stated, many of us (including myself) do in fact lead happy lives apart from Jesus. But once you have imbibed the toxin of a truly fundamentalist Christianity, I wonder if the effects of the gospel ever disappear completely. Maybe not, but I think we're both working on it. When I first deconverted, I thought about Jesus and Christianity on a daily basis. It was like this for years. I have now been a non-Christian for ten years, and Christianity plays a very minimal role in my intellectual life. But it is something I think about on rare occasions. I'm glad that some ex-Christians have completely left Jesus behind. As to those of us who struggle with this - however rarely - it's important to regularly remind ourselves of why we left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bhim said:

- it's important to regularly remind ourselves of why we left.

👍👍👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Your life is your own. Never look back. 

👊👊👊

What you went through must have been terrible.  I'm glad you made it out.

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman
35 minutes ago, Weezer said:

What you went through must have been terrible.  I'm glad you made it out.

Yes. It was Hell. Thank you for your support.

🤗

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, Bhim said:

True words. Jesus Christ presents an attractive philosophy and a cohesive worldview. As someone who contemplates philosophy on a regular basis, I admit that the temptation to return to Jesus arises from time to time, and I must remind myself that I have attempted his gospel, and found it to be not only wanting, but also evil, insidious, and reprehensible. As MOHO correctly stated, many of us (including myself) do in fact lead happy lives apart from Jesus. But once you have imbibed the toxin of a truly fundamentalist Christianity, I wonder if the effects of the gospel ever disappear completely. Maybe not, but I think we're both working on it. When I first deconverted, I thought about Jesus and Christianity on a daily basis. It was like this for years. I have now been a non-Christian for ten years, and Christianity plays a very minimal role in my intellectual life. But it is something I think about on rare occasions. I'm glad that some ex-Christians have completely left Jesus behind. As to those of us who struggle with this - however rarely - it's important to regularly remind ourselves of why we left.

Yes we should. Thank you. 

🤗

Guest freedwoman
4 hours ago, MOHO said:

It gets better, @freedwoman.

There are those of us who, although show some scars, are leading happy lives away from the indoctrination. Some are atheists, some are Buddhists, Some feel a spiritual connection w/out a specific organized religion. Let's not discourage any recent deconverts. :Look:

😋 

I would think about Jesus, Hell, Revelations, a whole hell of a lot less if I did not have a scream'n fundy in the house who is retired now and has nothing else to do but immerse herself in the funnymental life.

But now, after the healing process, I can simply roll my eyes. :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

Yeah Put up some barbed wire and No Tresspassing signs to keep that rat bastard out!

He's like one of those brain tapeworms that eats away at your brain and turns you into a dumbass.

Although the Jesus parasite can be removed the damaging effects can be long lasting.

The premise of any 'relationship' with Jesus is that you were born a sinner, and that he died to save you from these sins, and that if you don't accept and believe in him you will go to eternal damnation.

Not a good foundation for a loving relationship I would say.

• Like 2

Guest freedwoman
2 hours ago, MOHO said:

I would think about Jesus, Hell, Revelations, a whole hell of a lot less if I did not have a scream'n fundy in the house who is retired now and has nothing else to do but immerse herself in the funnymental life.

But now, after the healing process, I can simply roll my eyes. :rolleyes:

Sorry. That's horrible.

Guest freedwoman
8 minutes ago, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

Yeah Put up some barbed wire and No Tresspassing signs to keep that rat bastard out!

He's like one of those brain tapeworms that eats away at your brain and turns you into a dumbass.

Although the Jesus parasite can be removed the damaging effects can be long lasting.

True. 100%

Guest freedwoman
1 minute ago, LogicalFallacy said:

The premise of any 'relationship' with Jesus is that you were born a sinner, and that he died to save you from these sins, and that if you don't accept and believe in him you will go to eternal damnation.

Not a good foundation for a loving relationship I would say.

Agreed. 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:23 AM, freedwoman said:

👊👊👊

I agree with you. So what are we now? Are we apostates, or are we still his? Once saved, always saved? I don't wanna go to heaven anyways, but I sure as hell don't want to go to hell. But that's where I've been this last year, I'm trying to see life the way I saw it before, but after this experience with the Holy Spirit, NOTHING means ANYTHING anymore.You couldn't make me happy with a million dollars.Life is as empty as hell itself.With empty I mean soulless, cause hell will be pretty crowded.

Guest freedwoman
1 hour ago, IsaBrisa said:

I agree with you. So what are we now? Are we apostates, or are we still his? Once saved, always saved? I don't wanna go to heaven anyways, but I sure as hell don't want to go to hell. But that's where I've been this last year, I'm trying to see life the way I saw it before, but after this experience with the Holy Spirit, NOTHING means ANYTHING anymore.You couldn't make me happy with a million dollars.Life is as empty as hell itself.With empty I mean soulless, cause hell will be pretty crowded.

I've kicked Jesus Christ out of my heart. But I still feel marked. Truth is I just don't know? I hope Hell doesn't exist. I could ask for my soul to be killed.

It does get better.  It takes time, but it does.  This is not a permanent condition, just a temporary one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I've kicked Jesus Christ out of my heart. But I still feel marked. Truth is I just don't know? I hope Hell doesn't exist. I could ask for my soul to be killed.

Hell is horrible. Annihilation seems awesome compared to the other options.

Guest freedwoman
21 minutes ago, fallenleaf said:

It does get better.  It takes time, but it does.  This is not a permanent condition, just a temporary one.

Thanks for the reassurance. 🙂

17 hours ago, IsaBrisa said:

We are the free, We are the Awoke, We are the Resistance. No we are not still his, We never were, And neither has anyone else ever been, How could anyone belong to a nonexistent entity?

I'm sorry you feel this way Isa, I think you will find that in time it gets much better.

Each of us must make our own meaning in life, So try to find something ANYTHING that might be meaningful to you, No matter what don't stop trying.

Besides why would an afterlife be meaningful anyway? Would you really want to kiss some God's ass forever? That seems more meaningless than anything to me.

Here's a video that explains it perfectly, (Yes I know I already posted it in another thread, But I think it is especially relevant to this conversation

So Mods please excuse the repost. Thank you!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

We are the free, We are the Awoke, We are the Resistance. No we are not still his, We never were, And neither has anyone else ever been, How could anyone belong to a nonexistent entity?

I'm sorry you feel this way Isa, I think you will find that in time it gets much better.

Each of us must make our own meaning in life, So try to find something ANYTHING that might be meaningful to you, No matter what don't stop trying.

Besides why would an afterlife be meaningful anyway? Would you really want to kiss some God's ass forever? That seems more meaningless than anything to me.

I don't share your experience.In my experience God exists, and I can't just pretend that he doesn't, it just doesn't work that way.

I am trying to find meaning, but the treat of losing everything in the end, because you're not worthy, makes everything meaningless allready.

I don't care about afterlife.I wish it didn't exist.I would be very happy if we all just died and stayed dead in body and soul.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, IsaBrisa said:

Isa, correct me if I'm wrong,  but it sounds to me like you still believe,  and wish you didn't. If that's the case, I understand, and can sympathize. I was there for a long time. I'm very glad I'm not there anymore. 

If you want to talk about this, please let me know. You're not alone, and it really does get better.

• Like 3