Goodbye Jesus

Naming Others/Websites

Guest freedwoman

From the Guidelines:

"Posters agree not to use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law."

Naming people without their permission would certainly breach privacy rules.

Linking Public websites should not be an issue unless the purpose of doing so meets the test above.

• Thanks 1

Guest freedwoman

Okay. Thanks. I wouldn't lie or anything. I'd just be exposing abusive religious leaders. 

I would never name names of family, friends, or other members. 

• Super Moderator

Our purpose here is in supporting those who are in the process of deconverting, or otherwise struggling with their christian beliefs.  It is not our place to expose anyone, nor inflame or exacerbate whatever relationships may exist between us and various religious entities.  Let the dead bury their dead.

• Like 1

Guest freedwoman
55 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Our purpose here is in supporting those who are in the process of deconverting, or otherwise struggling with their christian beliefs.  It is not our place to expose anyone, nor inflame or exacerbate whatever relationships may exist between us and various religious entities.  Let the dead bury their dead.

Sorry. I won't name religious people or their websites. Thanks. 

• Super Moderator

Cheers.

What about saying Kent Hovind is an idiot? Surely that is factually accurate and therefore cannot be defamation? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wertbag said:

What about saying Kent Hovind is an idiot? Surely that is factually accurate and therefore cannot be defamation? 

Haha... yeah, just be careful, Kent has been known to go after people on the internet who criticise him.

The problem is the term idiot is so subjective.

However saying that Kent Hovind does not understand evolution, and does not have a PhD in biology is factually and demonstrably accurate.

1 hour ago, freedwoman said:

Sorry. I won't name religious people or their websites. Thanks. 

It's possible to talk about religion and the harm it causes without exposing people and in such a manner that it helps our people here.

If the abuse is such that you think is breaking the law then the appropriate course of action is to go to the police.

Indoctrinating children with religious claptrap, while we call it abusive, it is not illegal. However if there is violence, coercion or assault involved that is illegal.

As a side note what you were proposing to do falls perilously close to doxing, which I do not agree with the practice of.

Doxing, or doxxing (from "dox", abbreviation of documents), is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting private or identifying information (especially personally identifying information) about an individual or organization.[1][2][3][4][5][6] The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook), hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to Internet vigilantism and hacktivism.

Doxing may be carried out for various reasons, including inflicting harm, harassment, online shaming, extortion, coercion, business analysis, risk analytics, aiding law enforcement or vigilante versions of justice.[7][8]"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing

• Super Moderator

Motivation is also a factor here, I think.  I can say that Kent Hovind's series on "Creation, Evolution, and Dinosaurs" probably kept me in the chains a few years longer than necessary; but I've never harbored any resentment at him for it.  Pastor Dipshit, though, who was highly instrumental in the damage done to me as a child and youth, I held a grudge against him for a long time.  That was personal, calculated, and very real.  Calling him out, by name, even on a website he will probably never have the testicular fortitude to visit, feels too much like revenge. 

Agreed

Guest freedwoman

You're all right. I guess I just wanted revenge against my abusers. I have a specific name and website with a bunch of links. But I won't post them. I promise. Plus I would rather confront that man face to face anyway. A man like him can't be too much stronger than me. It's not like he'd be that dangerous. Besides. Jesus Christ says "turn the other cheek". He's a coward anyway. I have called him out for a debate. Plus he doesn't even give his ministries physical address and phone number. He'd be sorry if he told me to submit or be quiet to my face! Anyway. Sorry for ranting. I'd much rather debate civilly like my hero Richard Dawkins. 

✌️

Guest freedwoman

I officially called him out directly. Still waiting for him to accept my challenge. Let's see if he will. I just wish it was face to face. 🙂