Guest freedwoman

Question To All Ex Christian Women

Guest freedwoman
15 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Smart woman, re avoiding marriage. 

I think a lot of people in my ex church, women as well, would have had a big problem (if I had let them in on this) with the fact that I was willing to marry only if it was a partnership and not a dictatorship or man as "head of the household". The other thing making me run in the opposite direction from any such Union was that birth control is forbidden in that church. I remember sitting through a sermon where it was mentioned that the wife only had a right to say no to sex if it was a pre arranged mutual decision, made only for health purposes (both mental and physical). I was inwardly enraged - that a woman who already has 10 children has no power over the number of children she has, or over her own body. 

I received a great deal of pity from other women in the church that I "hadn't been able to catch a man" (that's supposed to be your lifes purpose). I have nothing but deep pity for them now. 

Those are the types of men I would not hold back against. Sorry I just get really angry about this. I'm fight trained. Put me in the cage with one of those men for a "sparring match" with only gloves and a mouth piece and no head gear. Then see who will end up submitting to who! 😠😠😠 Poor woman. She is being abused and she doesn't even realize it. 

Not condoning violence in anyway. Please don't think that. I'm just venting here. 

Guest freedwoman
18 hours ago, MOHO said:

Up to this point I have been avoiding more Mrs. MOHO dialog as I'm sure it's really rather an "There he goes about Mrs. MOHO again" kinda thing.

She grew up (reminder: she's 10 years my senior) at the onset of the "I am woman; here me roar!" era. I was there too but much younger and did not really take it all in. Anyway fast-forward a few decades and, with the fundymental, misogynistic xtian doctrine, she is 180% the other way. I don't know how much feminism she bought into in her life but I watched little changes which accumulated over the years.

Just before our wedding back in '96 she she said "honor and obey" would not be mentioned. I was totally okay with that and gave it no thought. NOW she asks me before spending a dime (OK a lot of that is because we are both financially responsible), also asks is she can go somewhere (not always but almost always), and consults me when making career life decisions in such a manor as if my answer has 100% impact on the decision. 

Now I must say that I find this tremendously embarrassing and, except from her fundy friends, I get that look.

NO! NO! NO! I am NOT like THAT! I scream on the inside. And I wonder what folks must think about me. Let me put this in a little more perspective. I consult her too but mostly as they relate either to both of us (financial decisions ) or if I need her legal advice. But her perspective here is that she is being good little xtian.

Thanx for "listening"

</rant>

You're a real man. Not these woman abusing men who use their greater physical strength to dominate their wives. Let's see him try to dominate another man. Or Hell let's see him try to dominate Becca Swanson, Aneta Florczyk, Katya Kavaleva, etc... Those women can toss full grown men around like rag dolls! Christian men are nothing but beta males. They should step aside out of the way of real men. And women who won't take their crap!

Heated again. Maybe I should unfollow this thread? I need to relax.

Guest freedwoman

Ladies. You do NOT and should NOT blindly obey/submit to anyone. If you ever have a problem with it. Then please realize that you are being abused. Only obey/submit if you want to. Not because you feel like you have to. Abuse isn't always physical. Please seek divorce. Leave your religion. Live your own life your own way. 

Guest freedwoman

Ladies a good husband wouldn't expect blind obedience and submission from you. He'd respect you as a human being with your own thoughts, opinions, and desires. If he does expect you to submit/obey him or command you to then you need to realize that he is abusive and get a divorce. Take off like a bat outta Hell! He doesn't have to hit you to abuse you. Good luck sisters. Stay strong. 👊💪👍

56 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

You're a real man. Not these woman abusing men who use their greater physical strength to dominate their wives. Let's see him try to dominate another man. Or Hell let's see him try to dominate Becca Swanson, Aneta Florczyk, Katya Kavaleva, etc... Those women can toss full grown men around like rag dolls! Christian men are nothing but beta males. They should step aside out of the way of real men. And women who won't take their crap!

Here 🍷

Wait. Maybe you'd rather have whisky 🥃 or just a handful of glass to chew on.

Don't hit me!   :beg:

Guest freedwoman
13 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Here 🍷

Wait. Maybe you'd rather have whisky 🥃 or just a handful of glass to chew on.

Don't hit me!   :beg:

LOL Why would I hit you? I respect you. Even if I did hit you you'd have every right to knock me out. 

7 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Plus I don't drink alcohol. 🙂

There's yer trouble! :49:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Leave your religion

This needs to be "Leave THEIR religion".

Guest freedwoman
2 hours ago, ConsiderTheSource said:

This needs to be "Leave THEIR religion".

I see your point there. 👍

In answer to the original question...

I've never been married (and have been dating other women on and off, for years now). But when I was in the Christian church, the misogyny of the Bible and its God always disturbed me. Even as a teenager, I remember talking to a pastor about it one on one. He joked that yes, although the Bible does instruct women to submit, we all knew who really wore the pants in families, ha ha. It made me wonder at the time why the Bible said that at all, if we could just chuckle and ignore it.

When I was in my early 20s I recommitted myself to God. As part of that, I had frequent Bible study meetings with an older woman, my spiritual mentor. She thought my use of gender inclusive language was funny and unnecessary. She talked about wanting her husband to lead more often, so she could happily submit as a Christian wife. For various reasons we had a falling out. Her attitude about the role of women really bothered me, among other issues.

When I was a Christian I read lots of books on the subject (women in the church). I was a complementarian. We believed in equal partnership between men and women. I remember one argument, that the Bible's passage on the man being the "head" of the woman only meant he was her "source," like the head of a river. After all, woman originally came from man in Genesis. Even at the time I thought it wasn't a very strong argument. The sexism in the church upset me all my life. 

I really don't miss that kind of environment.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 3:03 PM, freedwoman said:

If Christian men are beta males I guess that makes the NIFB gamma males

Guest freedwoman
On 3/29/2020 at 10:51 AM, ShellyD99 said:

In answer to the original question...

I've never been married (and have been dating other women on and off, for years now). But when I was in the Christian church, the misogyny of the Bible and its God always disturbed me. Even as a teenager, I remember talking to a pastor about it one on one. He joked that yes, although the Bible does instruct women to submit, we all knew who really wore the pants in families, ha ha. It made me wonder at the time why the Bible said that at all, if we could just chuckle and ignore it.

When I was in my early 20s I recommitted myself to God. As part of that, I had frequent Bible study meetings with an older woman, my spiritual mentor. She thought my use of gender inclusive language was funny and unnecessary. She talked about wanting her husband to lead more often, so she could happily submit as a Christian wife. For various reasons we had a falling out. Her attitude about the role of women really bothered me, among other issues.

When I was a Christian I read lots of books on the subject (women in the church). I was a complementarian. We believed in equal partnership between men and women. I remember one argument, that the Bible's passage on the man being the "head" of the woman only meant he was her "source," like the head of a river. After all, woman originally came from man in Genesis. Even at the time I thought it wasn't a very strong argument. The sexism in the church upset me all my life. 

I really don't miss that kind of environment.

Commanded or forced submission is abuse. Plain and simple.

Guest freedwoman
On 3/29/2020 at 11:59 AM, LeiaBryant said:

If Christian men are beta males I guess that makes the NIFB gamma males

Huh? 🤨

When I was younger I was afraid of the type of man I would marry. I saw so many marriages that were held up as godly examples and yet I had seen enough of them behind the scenes so to speak to want nothing to do with marriage if that was what marriage was supposed to be. I’m not as fearful of marriage now but I enjoy being single and think if I were to marry I’d regret it, even if my husband were a good man. 

On 3/30/2020 at 8:57 PM, freedwoman said:

Huh? 🤨

Less than beta

Guest freedwoman
On 3/14/2020 at 2:30 PM, LeiaBryant said:

If it was written by kinksters it would be okay with femdom too. (I have a friend who is a dommantrix ) so yeah I don't think it is kinky.

I just remembered a Bible verse on this matter. In the bedroom the wife has authority over her husbands body like he does hers. So it is actually very kinky. It supports maledom and femdom. Basically "Biblical Marital Rape." So I stand corrected. 🤢😡

48 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

I just remembered a Bible verse on this matter. In the bedroom the wife has authority over her husbands body like he does hers. So it is actually very kinky. It supports maledom and femdom. Basically "Biblical Marital Rape." So I stand corrected. 🤢😡

Wow! So you're saying my stupid joke was actually true? Imagine that.