Goodbye Jesus

How do you define knowledge?

Wertbag

On 8/28/2020 at 11:30 AM, alreadyGone said:

The beginning of an understanding of reality in my opinion is acceptance that there are in fact absolutes.

One absolute is that there are no contradictions in this world.

Simply, all things are what they are.

As humans we  frequently see apparent paradoxes and believe them to be contradictions.

As reality dictates that there are and can be no contradictions, our perception of an apparent paradox is caused by our own mistaken belief and lack of understanding. Always.

Ayn Rand wrote: 

"Whenever you see what may appear to be a contradiction, examine your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong".

Apply this to Genesis 1. 

I see what appears to be many contradictions. An evening and morning before the sun was created 4 days later, is an obvious contradiction. Even grass growing before the existence of the sun. A christian apologist would tell me that it's merely my own, "mistaken belief and lack of understanding." 

What is Rand talking about here?

Would she readily admit that (1) Genesis 1 is full of contradictions and that (2) it's apologetic to then come in behind such blatant contradictions and claim it's just a matter of, "our own mistaken belief and lack of understanding." 

I need to see more of the context of where Rand is headed with her philosophical claims. 

Interesting...

I don't really see how to apply that to apparent contradictions here unless its in regard to chronology.

Either, in that literal sense it means that in those specific scriptures the Bible is a little chronology-impaired or it's just not real at all.

Too bad there's no mention of chickens and eggs, huh?