Goodbye Jesus

Why does the Christian God treat women as inferior to men?

LeiaBryant

Guest freedwoman

Yeah lots of men are cruel too. I admit that the misogynists are just as bad as the misandrysts. Both are to blame. 

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
8 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

You gonna fight against Shariah Law? You gonna go fight to free and protect girls and women from abusive Muslim men? How are you fighting the patriarchy? 

What about misandry? Boys and men have their own sruggels too. Do you have compassion for them? It is just as difficult to be a man as it is to be a woman. Just with different problems. No one cares about the men. 80% of suicides are committed by men. Men have died at the hands of abusive women because of chivalry. If a man loves kids he must be a pedo. If he likes pink or wants to do ballet he must be gay. Men are expected to protect, fight, and die for others. Men are expected to carry the entire world on their shoulders. But no one cares enough to acknowledge that. Are you sure you want true equality girl? 100%. Are you willing to really walk a mile in a man's shoes? I'm a biological adult human female a.k.a. Woman. But I can still empathize with men. And women. Equally.

Yes fuck Sharia law. Yes, not sure how to fight patriarchy in religion yet, sure sexism against men should be opposed even though it is incredibly rare.yes I have compassion for them. Yes I want actual equality. I already did that I was assigned male at birth. My transition came after I found out I have two X chromosomes. But my early childhood was as a boy .I am out to destroy patriarchy in religions specifically. Patriarchy being anything that strips women of agency over their lives.

14 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Sorry.

I'm just glad you are willing to learn unlike some people who are locked into their religious dogma. No offense taken I am used to correcting all sorts of misconceptions about Wicca.

44 minutes ago, freedwoman said:

Well if they really want equality they should work in dump areas. Be mechanics and engineers. Infantry women and all that stuff. If they really cared about other women they would go to Islam nation's and fight to free those poor abused girls and women. I would. But not the spoiled entitled feminazies here. Who get all triggered and offended and cry sexism  just because some guy opened the door for her.

Who says doing "male" things means women are equal. I'll turn this on its head - men are not equal to women because on average they don't do as much housework, or sewing, knitting, crafts, or any other domestic science that's traditionally been the domain of women. This whole "men and women have to do the same things to be equal" argument just makes no sense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Because women allow it. Women say they want equality but say men can't hit them back. They still want men to protect them. They care about their appearance more than intelligence and physical strength. They like the bad guys. Then they cry foul and play the victim when he gets bad on them. What did you expect ladies. I don't understand my own biological sex? Women are another species. I'm done with defending women. What have they ever done for me? Oh yeah they rejected and condemned and insulted me for not being like the rest of them. 

Well that was one grand generalization about half the human species. I'm not really a fan of generalizations. 

4 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I am the equal to men because of my magick. God may have made man and woman but the Goddess gave us magick and made us equal.

No entity is required to "make" women equal. The very fact that some women need an entity to make them feel equal just proves that yes, we reside in a patriarchal world where such things as religion have still left a patriarchal imprint in the secular world. 

You're equal when you give yourself respect, pride, love and the self confidence those should result in. No god or godess required for that. 

Edit: you can believe in gods or goddesses but this is the Lions den on a site where the members are likely predominantly agnostic and athiest, so in this respect you can expect to get pushback by claiming that such gods exist. 

• Like 1

I am the equal to men because of my magick.

Please don't try and claim this in Saudi Arabia or Iran. 

What are you meaning by equal? Because clearly there are some things you are better at than men, but some things men are better at than women. Thus when we talk about being equal we need to be clear what it is we are speaking about. For example the strongest human in the world is a man, in fact the top 10 strongest people in the world are all men, I'm not sure where the first woman breaks into the "top xxx strongest people in the world bracket". So are you claiming magick can let you lift 500kgs off the ground?

Or are you meaning equal in rights and freedom of choice? In which case I'd argue that it's the law and culture that confers this, rather than magick... short of some very convincing yet to be presented evidence.

God may have made man and woman but the Goddess gave us magick and made us equal.

Which God? There are many creation stories of how humans came about. Most of them conflict in the details so they cannot all be correct. However they can all be wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Please don't try and claim this in Saudi Arabia or Iran. 

What are you meaning by equal? Because clearly there are some things you are better at than men, but some things men are better at than women. Thus when we talk about being equal we need to be clear what it is we are speaking about. For example the strongest human in the world is a man, in fact the top 10 strongest people in the world are all men, I'm not sure where the first woman breaks into the "top xxx strongest people in the world bracket". So are you claiming magick can let you lift 500kgs off the ground?

Or are you meaning equal in rights and freedom of choice? In which case I'd argue that it's the law and culture that confers this, rather than magick... short of some very convincing yet to be presented evidence.

Which God? There are many creation stories of how humans came about. Most of them conflict in the details so they cannot all be correct. However they can all be wrong.

Equal in terms of ability yes men are physical stronger but women are better at magick than men. We are more intuitive than men. It is know as woman intuition for a reason. We have different strengths and weakness. Men and women are equal like a knight and a bishop are equal on a chess board. Of course we should Also be equal in law and rights. I don't know for sure which creation account is the most accurate.

49 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

No entity is required to "make" women equal. The very fact that some women need an entity to make them feel equal just proves that yes, we reside in a patriarchal world where such things as religion have still left a patriarchal imprint in the secular world. 

You're equal when you give yourself respect, pride, love and the self confidence those should result in. No god or godess required for that. 

Edit: you can believe in gods or goddesses but this is the Lions den on a site where the members are likely predominantly agnostic and athiest, so in this respect you can expect to get pushback by claiming that such gods exist. 

My Goddess has given me a sense of equality and self worth that the Christian God tried to strip me of. She is the one that gave me my first true sense of equality. I share my faith to empower women. I expect some push back for believing in Gods . I just ask that you don't lump my faith in with the monotheist . 

2 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Women also don't have the physical strength to be Carpenters. They aren't spatial either. 

Ah.  Apparently I'm not a woman, then, because I've gutted two houses, torn down two ancient garages, built three porches, shingled a couple of roofs, hauled lumber, carried sheets of drywall up flights of stairs by myself, and am currently putting the finishing touches on my new home office.

I have a strong kinesthetic component to my learning style, and I am extremely spatial.  Been that way most of my life, and even got a final mark of 100% on grade 9 geometry (in-class mark plus Provincial final exam).  I visualize better in 3D than in 2D, in fact.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Astreja said:

Ah.  Apparently I'm not a woman, then, because I've gutted two houses, torn down two ancient garages, built three porches, shingled a couple of roofs, hauled lumber, carried sheets of drywall up flights of stairs by myself, and am currently putting the finishing touches on my new home office.

Well you are certainly a rare breed of woman put it that way.

I've... um, built a kitset shed... yeah. :D 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Well you are certainly a rare breed of woman put it that way.

I've... um, built a kitset shed... yeah. :D 

50% Valkyrie, 50% barking mad Scot, and 54 years since my dad showed me how to use the hand-cranked drill in his workshop.

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, Astreja said:

I have a strong kinesthetic component to my learning style, and I am extremely spatial.  Been that way most of my life, and even got a final mark of 100% on grade 9 geometry (in-class mark plus Provincial final exam).  I visualize better in 3D than in 2D, in fact.

I want to have your babies.  😉

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, freedwoman said:

Yeah lots of men are cruel too. I admit that the misogynists are just as bad as the misandrysts. Both are to blame. 

I can agree to that. I just experienced more than my fair share of misogynists, hence why I identify as a feminist.

13 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Well that was one grand generalization about half the human species. I'm not really a fan of generalizations. 

I agree all generalizations are false including this one.

18 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Yeah in their minds it exists. 

I just wish Christians would accept my Gods exist. I acknowledge the Christian God's existence the least they could do is reciprocate. 

2 minutes ago, LeiaBryant said:

I just wish Christians would accept my Gods exist.

They do, they just call them demons that are tricking you. That's what I used to do anyway... So there is still hope that people with monolithic thinking can finally see through it.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:43 AM, Fuego said:

They do, they just call them demons that are tricking you. That's what I used to do anyway... So there is still hope that people with monolithic thinking can finally see through it.

It is so much better with fellow polytheist we can both acknowledge and accept each others Gods without the spiritual dick measuring contest of labeling one person's Gods as demons. 

• Super Moderator
15 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I just ask that you don't lump my faith in with the monotheist . 

So having multiple imaginary gods is better than imagining only one? Wow.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

Equal in terms of ability yes men are physical stronger but women are better at magick than men. We are more intuitive than men. It is know as woman intuition for a reason. We have different strengths and weakness. Men and women are equal like a knight and a bishop are equal on a chess board. Of course we should Also be equal in law and rights. I don't know for sure which creation account is the most accurate.

I seriously doubt that such a thing as "magic" exists, outside the realm of illusionism - which is a very clear proffesion. And about it anyway, most religious guides in human cultures stretching from south american shamans to greek polytheist priest to monotheist mystics have been mainly men from what I know. And celtic druids. Maybe this was also discrimination. But it was a global one for millenia in lots of unrelated areas.        I am not a fan of equality. I consider it a unrealistic goal because it leads to nowhere. What I think should be more seen is realistic rights and responsabilities. For example can a person judge reality in a mature fashion? Then he/she should have the right to vote. So a sort of meritocracy in this regard. The answer is yes, women can judge reality in a mature fashion. Not all but not all men. Smth like that. People should get what they deserve and can handle based on reality not ideals. What is required to do smth? This to me seems the pertinent question. Can men give birth to children and breatsfeed? No. Then they should not be allowed to try breastfeeding. I am starting to be very atached and focused on discovering and living in reality rather than ideals beliefs and ideology, no matter how atractive and high minded they might seem. 

Guest freedwoman
15 hours ago, Astreja said:

I have a strong kinesthetic component to my learning style, and I am extremely spatial.  Been that way most of my life, and even got a final mark of 100% on grade 9 geometry (in-class mark plus Provincial final exam).  I visualize better in 3D than in 2D, in fact

I stand corrected.

Guest freedwoman
3 hours ago, LeiaBryant said:

I can agree to that. I just experienced more than my fair share of misogynists, hence why I identify as a feminist.

I've encountered too many mysandrists and misogynists. I'm an androgyne. Neither masculine or feminine. So I'm in the wrong here. I'm a weirdo, abnormal, freak I guess. 

Guest freedwoman

I'm sorry. I've projected all women to be the same. Like the ones in my family. I need to stop thinking all women are the same. There are some really admirable respectable women out there. I need to take more care to not lable and demonize women because of my bad experiences with them. I was being ignorant and very disrespectful. I sincerely apologise. 

✌️👍 🤝

4 hours ago, freedwoman said:

I'm sorry. I've projected all women to be the same.

I doubt that there's any demographic or categorization wherein all really are exactly the same.

Generalizations are only worthwhile as long as it's recognized that there are exceptions. Sometimes there are a lot of exceptions. 

• Super Moderator

Generally speaking, people in general don't like generalizations.  As a general rule, anyway.  

• Haha 3